The Satellite Series Geocoin Version 4

CacheHunters42

Here is the next installment in the Satellite Series designed and manufactured by CH Quality Coins.

This coin will be 1.75" in diameter and will be Gold plated.

It features a satellite that rotates around the perimeter of the coin. The earth is translucent revealing the "G" geocaching symbol.

It is trackable and shares an Icon with the other geocoins in the series.

These will go on sale near the end of the month, check this posting for the actual date.

They will be $9.75 ea. plus shipping.

8CH-00024-web.jpg

I am trying to order some of these cool coins but I keep getting an error after I've confirmed my details and the bonus offers! Anyone else having issues? Tried both browsers and getting same result:

MIVA Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-00001

Description: <b>Unknown Error</b><br><br>  Action = AUPM<br>  Screen =

OSEL

Other Information:

got both mine today...anyone else having a problem with the satellites falling off right out of the sleeve?

Jayman11

I received the two I ordered today and both were broken upon opening the envelope. The satellites fell right out of the sleeve. :blink: This coin looks good but has an extremely cheap feel to it. Kind of reminds me of painted plastic. I'm not happy with it at all. :laughing:

Edited by TeamLegend4

got both mine today...anyone else having a problem with the satellites falling off right out of the sleeve?

Jayman11

I received the two I ordered today and both were broken upon opening the envelope. The satellites fell right out of the sleeve. :blink: This coin looks good but has an extremely cheap feel to it. Kind of reminds me of painted plastic. I'm not happy with it at all. :laughing:

Yeah same here. I sent them an email....i think i just want to get my money back but i really dont feel like shipping them back.

Jayman11

Jayman11

Yeah same here. I sent them an email....i think i just want to get my money back but i really dont feel like shipping them back.

Jayman11

Hope they all aren't broken, I really like this coin.

Jayman11

same thing just happened to me too.

I ended up just supergluing them back and they are fine. I have a feeling everyone is going to have the same problem. They probably didnt attach the 2 pieces together well enough so that when they ship they dont break. Im sure it was from being in the mail. Kinda wish i only bought one but oh well.

Jayman11

Just a heads up, we are working to correct the issue with the satellites.

These coins were made via the Zinc injection process and are much lighter than originally expected.

We used Zinc in order to keep the price reasonable since this was an a multi-part coin.

Stay tuned for additional info on the progress of correcting the issue.

Just a heads up, we are working to correct the issue with the satellites.

These coins were made via the Zinc injection process and are much lighter than originally expected.

We used Zinc in order to keep the price reasonable since this was an a multi-part coin.

Stay tuned for additional info on the progress of correcting the issue.

Well, how much would it be to have the coin made with anything other than Zinc?

I received my coins today and thankfully none of them were busted :huh:, but they were indeed lightweight... lighter and thinner than other geocoins this size. :huh:

If you are 'fixing' the issue, does this mean that you may have a second minting with a *real* metal?

I like them and I think that my cache finders will like them, too, but for my collection, I'd really want a better quality coin if one is being considered.

A replacement batch is currently being manufactured.

They will be Brass and have a different attachment for the Satellites.

Once they are in, replacements will be shipped, un-filled orders will be shipped, and remaining coins will be sold.

Thank You for your patience!

Did I say that none were broke? dang.

Can I get my name on the list for a replacement anyway? Just 1 or 2.

Once they are in, replacements will be shipped, un-filled orders will be shipped, and remaining coins will be sold.

Thank you very much for taking care of this it's much appreciated!

Any more word on shipping...been a while and no updates, even to those of us who patiently paid and wait for our first delivery, which never came.

well, sad to say, but all that waiting for new ones to be minted was a bit of a waste of time. 3 out of 4 coins that just arrived fell apart. (2 sets)

One coin has a scratch in the blue paint, another has a grain of something in the paint and I expect it will chip out as well.

so looks like i get to try my hand at microscopic gluing.

I bought and have enjoyed the Definitive series coins. But the GPS Geocoin was paper thin, and now this. Sorry guys but your forgeting that quality is your name. Hope the trend is reversed.

well, sad to say, but all that waiting for new ones to be minted was a bit of a waste of time. 3 out of 4 coins that just arrived fell apart. (2 sets)

One coin has a scratch in the blue paint, another has a grain of something in the paint and I expect it will chip out as well.

so looks like i get to try my hand at microscopic gluing.

I bought and have enjoyed the Definitive series coins. But the GPS Geocoin was paper thin, and now this. Sorry guys but your forgeting that quality is your name. Hope the trend is reversed.

Aye.....my replacements didnt come yet. Hope they shipped. I hope they're better then the first batch at least.

Jayman11

I just got my replacement coins and I must say I am very pleased with them. They are much heftier and none of the satellites were broken off. They seem to be secured pretty firmly now. I loved the design and concept from the start and now the execution matches the concept. Thanks, CH Quality Coins, for going the extra mile to make sure the coins were right.

Wow...that was fast! Ordered Sat4 coins on the 26th Dec....got them today.

I actually got 2 coins for each one ordered. They have the same tracking numbers but one is of the original "plastic" design (and the sats were loose inside the flip)...the other coin is the "hefty" coin (sats seem like they are attached better)......

I guess the vendor just wanted to get rid of the bad ones. I almost thought: "I ordered too many"...

Maybe I'll try my hand at repairing them. Send the rev A out to travel....keep the rev B at home.

has anyone been able to effectively fix theirs?

I had 3 out of 4 broken on arrival. thats 2 of the thin ones and 1 of the thicker coins with broken satellite. Supergue attempt didnt turn out so well, it dripped over the post and glued the satellite to the coin. That one will be sent out as a traveler <_<

any suggestions to a glue that will hold these together? If you havent tryed to yet, just pretend your doing it. You'll figure out how tiny those sats are and how hard it is to get them together even without glue. Tweezers sorta work, but not well.

Need some helpful hints if anyone has done a fix that worked please.