Feature Request - Performing Maintenance

PoqFFEMT

I have a request. Not too sure how this one would fly but here goes.... I know that I go caching often enough to run across a cache that needs mainenance that does not belong to me. I often carry an array of replacement bits n pieces that I happily give up to repair the cache with. When I get home to log my find, I sometimes notice that the cache has the "Needs Maintenance" attribute tagged to it. Is there a way for someone, whom does not own the cache to be able to clear it? If not, can that be a new feature?

Thanks!

John

(PoqFFEMT)

I have a request. Not too sure how this one would fly but here goes.... I know that I go caching often enough to run across a cache that needs maintenance that does not belong to me. I often carry an array of replacement bits n pieces that I happily give up to repair the cache with. When I get home to log my find, I sometimes notice that the cache has the "Needs Maintenance" attribute tagged to it. Is there a way for someone, whom does not own the cache to be able to clear it? If not, can that be a new feature?

I don't think TPTB should implement any feature that makes it easier for cache owners to ignore their own caches. If someone else performs maintenance on a cache with a "needs maintenance" icon, that's a great thing and would be appreciated by all. But, once you log that you've performed maintenance, the owner should get the log, read it and remove the attribute themselves (perhaps with a small note thanking whoever performed the maintenance). If a cache has an owner that can't even take the time to post a "maintenance performed" log after another cacher did their job for them, then it probably makes sense to keep the "needs maintenance" icon there.... ;) Edited by Cache Heads