auto approve

Removed/Discontinued
  • Disallowed HTML in the short category description (check to make sure your desc. is correct if you've done this)
  • Popularity Filter replaced by ignore list functionality
  • Upgrade/Downgrade feature discontinued for redesign
  • Auto-Approve no longer an option for category managers
  • Removed plural/singular naming of categories (lighthouse/lighthouses)
  • Advanced search page rendered obsolete by enhanced searching on the main page

See this post (either via my link or click the little red post_snapback.gif in the quote) to see the rest of the changes.

Edited by robert
he function of 'AA' is 'dead'......however the icon for it still exists in the 'directory key'....similar to the 'premium member' signal icon that was never activated--it just appears in the legend.

I think the option is no longer available, but I wonder if older categories still have it set if they had it that way beforehand? Wikipedia entries is auto, IIRC>

I hope Auto-Approve is gone and turned off from the ones that had it turned on.

I certainly agree with this. If the option to auto-approve is gone as a matter of policy, then auto-approve should be switched off for all categories that have it now.

Here here. I agree three.

I hope Auto-Approve is gone and turned off from the ones that had it turned on.

I certainly agree with this. If the option to auto-approve is gone as a matter of policy, then auto-approve should be switched off for all categories that have it now.

Auto-approve has been switched off for all categories, and is no longer an option. It completely defeats the purpose of having group management if there is noone reviewing the waymarks that come in. As of this latest update, this feature has been eliminated. I removed the icon from the category key yesterday (I had forgotten that this was still there).

*Update

It appears that a few older categories still had an auto-approve setting switched to on. This is no longer the case. If you see any category that is auto-approving, please make sure I'm aware of it. Thanks!

Edited by bootron