Support our troops GeoCoin

JLAM-D

And here is the picture of the sample coin. Our final numbers will be 250 coins with only one finish, Polished Nickle. We will not be sending invoices until we firm up the delivery date from the mint. There are still coins available.

Please contact us through our GC.com profile if you are interested in purchasing our coin. As stated this is a reservation only, at this time no payment is required....yet. <_<

c8cd8a04-68c5-4bc0-9a55-ff50a468b383.jpg

Details of the coin are:

The coin will be trackable and have a unique icon. Our coin was designed by Landsharkz.

Material : Stamp copper imitation hard enamel – the yellow is transparent with #1 texture below.

Size : 2” x 1”

Thickness: 3.5mm

Color : 2 + foggy one side, 3 + sandblasting second side

Plating: Polished Nickel

Laser engrave number + text without fill in color

Q’ty : 250 pcs

2D+2D mold

PVC pouch

All prices are in Canadian Dollars

Coin will cost $9

Shipping for 1-4 coins is $2. Please add .50 per additional coin. International shipping will be determined on a case by case basis. <_<

And here is the picture of the sample coin. Our final numbers will be 250 coins with only one finish, Polished Nickle. We will not be sending invoices until we firm up the delivery date from the mint. There are still coins available.

Please contact us through our GC.com profile if you are interested in purchasing our coin. As stated this is a reservation only, at this time no payment is required....yet. <_<

Details of the coin are:

The coin will be trackable and have a unique icon. Our coin was designed by Landsharkz.

Material : Stamp copper imitation hard enamel – the yellow is transparent with #1 texture below.

Size : 2” x 1”

Thickness: 3.5mm

Color : 2 + foggy one side, 3 + sandblasting second side

Plating: Polished Nickel

Laser engrave number + text without fill in color

Q’ty : 250 pcs

2D+2D mold

PVC pouch

All prices are in Canadian Dollars

Coin will cost $9

Shipping for 1-4 coins is $2. Please add .50 per additional coin. International shipping will be determined on a case by case basis. <_<

I would have been interested in a pin with the front design, let us know if you ever decide to have some done.

Edited by AV Dezign

How much of the money from each coin goes to support troops?

So...what's the answer I also wonder.

In Canada, we generally don't support our military through fund raising such as door to door canvasing, bake sales, or geocoins. (Although in the past, by the state of our military, some people may have thought so.)

I suspect that JLAM-D's call for support is one of emotional support. It is especially important in a peaceful country like Canada, where the tax payers need to understand the role of our military and be in support of expenditures, rather than against them. Without that support, it is difficult for the federal government to spend the money without fear of being voted out of office.

In Canada, we generally don't support our military through fund raising such as door to door canvasing, bake sales, or geocoins. (Although in the past, by the state of our military, some people may have thought so.)

I suspect that JLAM-D's call for support is one of emotional support. It is especially important in a peaceful country like Canada, where the tax payers need to understand the role of our military and be in support of expenditures, rather than against them. Without that support, it is difficult for the federal government to spend the money without fear of being voted out of office.

Very eloquently put Dano... <_<

We often see Support Our Troops hats, pins and bumper stickers adorning people and vehicles around town. I think these are available to military members at the Canex to increase awareness and help the rest of us be mindful of the needs of the military - emotionally and at the political level. A geocoin is yet another way of spreading awareness through a specific group of people. Was there a postage stamp with this theme too some time ago?

I am all for the support of our troops.... I happen to be currently deployed onboard HMCS Iroquois, the support we get at home may not be monitary, (and frankly, we don't care) but we appreciate it more than anyone knows. We've sacrificed time with our families and friends to do our part for serving this great country we call home. We've put our duty before home and self, a thank you in the form of "support the troops" is more than enough comensation. It's hard to fathom that what we (the military) consider a job, may mean the world to someone else.

Well it's all cool then since you all put it that way. Thanks for clearing that up. I still don't understand what business we or others have in another country or wherever and make war or fight a war that's not ours to begin with. ???

...but then I don't understand a lot of things.

Well it's all cool then since you all put it that way. Thanks for clearing that up. I still don't understand what business we or others have in another country or wherever and make war or fight a war that's not ours to begin with. ???

...but then I don't understand a lot of things.

If you desire, it wouldn't be hard to study up on Afghanistan. This would be a good place to start.

I am not making any personal judgement whether it is right or wrong, and I believe one can support our troops either way. But I feel the more you look into these things, the more you will see that everything and everyone are connected, and from those connections obligations arise.

All, Did not realize that there were replies on this forum...forgot to check the box.

Thank you for all of the email and comments with regards to our coin. This is a personal coin, as our family has a very strong connection to this design and DND. The Dad in JLAM-D is a serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

That being said this coin was intended to raise awareness of the contribution and the sacrifices that the Canadian and other National forces in general face, that is all. To get a feel for what the Canadian Forces are currently involved in check out the following link.

Cheers