Somone PLEASE help me solve this puzzle

LDove

The title says it all. <_< Going to this cache GCR1YX this weekend. Any help would be appreciated!

This is the puzzle as copied and pasted from the web site: <_<

Puzzled?:)NPW:( banana(( #49?7piaNo north%484 &*:)4 8 …49 dk9?8 cash:)4:)17?625., GizFinder dk7 red$#% 654:)78 grand*=chute@:)2987 Promise 63DWD32 :(a .nd :)085{54929 !~~~}

351*^mom^:)90,85:’” :(family 2343stop:)watermelon*(ice 78PERCUSSION :wacko: &team^!+homer 937 Mond`ay din*k&tank11 aqua:)0Wammy 445?9 :(2001 Ecuador:(98 zip ridge :)892 runners 83-=$@dad@{miata}:wub: 8675309.., whe+ezer saw))!D? J8 RU88stuMped

[honey 323?5489+~*bunnies] ViOlin $%5?68@3 :huh: 8all iance92843 :)2the 43west08 ROCK,;’978?45 :)74145:)710W40[encuentre %67#3 las sunrises]626

58:(88r&Rwanders(missions) ?4826:)3esto es duro 987 :)4 run ning:(983 scott’s.135?79thistles @&*clueless ^%father 435?34$&%# dRums hope`` (usted debe {marc_%%}54?140esconder algunos también)*$&$#

You can e-mail me if you can figure it out if that would be a better way rather than posting it here and spoil it for someone else, (just in case they would be looking). I understand if someone does not want to completely solve it for me, but I at least need to know how to start...

Edited by lonesumdove

It's generally frowned upon for cachers to help solve puzzles for another cacher. I would suggest dropping the cache hider a polite email, tell them you are having trouble and would like to find their cache, and I bet you'll get a hint.

That said I'm glad this one isn't on my radar, yeesh!

The smiles were not supposed to be in there, when I pasted them in the forum they came out that way, they are typed in the puzzle. Thank you for looking at it for me - I have really, really, really tried to figure it out and would not have asked if I had not really given it my best shot. I am usually pretty good at puzzles too...

Some of it looks to be in Spanish if that helps.

I am in a beginning Spanish class so I do recognize a few of the words. Thanks for the tip. I will see if that helps me.

Are the smileies supposed to be in there or were they supposed to be ": (" and ": )"

If you look at the cache page itself it's probably easier to see what you need to see. And no, they aren't yellow smilies on the cache page.

Oooh. I got it. Very clever. (But a bit outside my caching radius.) Take a look at the hint.

Yep, the hint says it all. Took about 90 seconds to get the coords. No decoding or Spanish required, if that helps. <_< Now, if somebody would just solve some of the fiendish Seattle puzzles for me!

Don't know if it helps at all, but it almost looks like it might be a written-description of the Wingdings font in Windows. If it IS that, then you just need to find the right key to get the shapes, and change font to arial or something. Highly doubtful it's that, but it's what came to mind.

EDIT: Whup, after looking at the page, I was able to figure it out relatively simple. Here's a hint for you though. When you pasted it into the forum with the 'smiley' code still enabled? it's probably better to look at that instead of the one on the page. However, the smiley code didn't change ALL of the : )'s to <_<'s. If you do that, it'll be easier.

Edited by Kabuthunk

Lonesumdove, have we helped you at all, or are we just being mean spirited and rubbing it in your face?

I don't know, I am hoping everyone is genuine... No I have not had the time to solve it yet, got called to work EMS yesterday. I will look at it again with the several new clues that people have e-mailed me and try to figure it out. Must not be that hard, so many say it is easy. Just having a brain fart on this one I guess, too much on my mind. ;) Thanks for asking though!

It's generally frowned upon for cachers to help solve puzzles for another cacher...

In the forums.

In Twin the locals run event's to put their heads together and solve one local cachers puzzles.

Well... :( I did not know that was a "rule" so, sorry I asked. I did get lots of fun e-mails from cachers who were happy to help, since I don't have any "locals" to ask and considered people here on the forum as close to caching friends as I could find. I will ask that this topic be closed.

Edit for spelling errors.

Edited by lonesumdove
The title says it all. :( Going to this cache GCR1YX this weekend.

I, too, was able to decipher the puzzle with little effort after reading the hint.

BTW, something cool the admin have implemented on this site is a BBcode for GC waypoints that will translate into a link to the cache page.

[gc code=GCR1YX]Example.[/gc code] (without the space in "gc code") translates to Example.

Edited by CoyoteRed

Many people are posting about how easy this puzzle was. I don't mind being on record stating that the clue was no help to me. I likely would not have solved this one had it not been for the hints in this thread. Of course, I never would have seen the puzzle if it had not been for this thread, so it all works out, for me.

It's generally frowned upon for cachers to help solve puzzles for another cacher...

In the forums.

In Twin the locals run event's to put their heads together and solve one local cachers puzzles.

Well... :( I did not know that was a "rule" so, sorry I asked. I did get lots of fun e-mails from cachers who were happy to help, since I don't have any "locals" to ask and considered people here on the forum as close to caching friends as I could find. I will ask that this topic be closed.

Edit for spelling errors.

Dont' fret too much over it. Most of us have made an "oopsie" once or twice.

I think the main reason to not ask for help in the forums is it creates a permanent record of puzzle solving clues. A lot of us also feel it is up to the owner to give individuals help on their puzzles while it is still okay for a group to put their heads together. Some caches require a team effort.

I admit it, the clue did not help me either. :unsure: I was just having one of those weeks - I have solved harder puzzles than this one before. I can understand why people would not want to post the entire answer to a puzzle, but helping each other out with one - off line, seemed reasonable to me. The owner did not e-mail me back, that is why I turned to the people here. I think it also gave a few other cachers ideas of doing a similar type puzzle in the future - so it's all good. Now if I could just figure out a puzzle called Lateral Thinking... :huh:

Cool CR, but this part made my head hurt trying to read:

"BTW, something found cool the admin have implemented on this site.."

Which I think is:

"BTW, I found something cool [that] the admins have implemented on this site..."

Ouch, it made my head hurt, too. Lesson, don't post distracted.

I've had a fairly long and fun weekend. Daughter getting married, family over, and now I'm trying to put the house back in order. Maybe, I simply shouldn't post until I've got all of my chores done? Yeah, good idea.