Rough Draft of Coin

kc8hnz

My 2 cents - Tell me what you think it will look like in enamel... the pic is a link to a larger version...

b4c1b302-f993-4c13-89ba-c311652bb1a5.jpg

And if its going to be a personal coin it needs your user name on it somewhere

Maybe on the sea weed going across the otter after you add the ammo can or lock n lock

Just a thought

SlabyFam

And if its going to be a personal coin it needs your user name on it somewhere

Maybe on the sea weed going across the otter after you add the ammo can or lock n lock

Just a thought

SlabyFam

Agreed. if it's NOT a personal coin I would ask that you reach out to the locals in your area about making the coin a group effort. There are a lot of cachers in the Monterey Bay Area (Central Coast Geocachers) who I'm sure would like to be involved.

There was a group coin that was put out last year:

(not a great pic, sorry)

TeamDonutdog_trade_CCGC_back_Front300.jpg

Wow, he's so cute! Instead of all shells, can he be holding an ammobox surrounded by shells? Ties him in a little more with caching.

Perhaps he's sifting through the shells to find the well camo'd micro! I'd put a little G symbol on one of the shells perhaps <_< .

This map could be done if the hwy numbers were removed and it was done in metal with no colour or just hwy lines coloured. Antique silver comes to mind... Large communities could be named and the geographic detail could still be there. This map looks very workable... needs some tweaking but on the whole a good place to start.

It would sure be a nice regional group coin...

I just drew up a rough draft for a coin I'm thinking of having designed. I need some imput from people on what you think of it.

geocoinback.jpg

Thanks for your imput!

I prefer your otter. Very cute.

I also prefer the original otter... but unless you are going to spend extra money having the photo printed onto a textureless coin, the enamel will not be verigated like the shells and face show on the original artwork.

IF you would like my artwork, please feel free to PM me & I will email it to you as a file.

That goes for anyone else as well! I ENJOY recreating artwork for coins... ;)

Thanks for the imput! It is going to be my personal coin so I think I'll try and add my name in there somewhere. That was my first draw up so I'll tweak it a little more and see what I come up with. I think I'll be minting maybe 200ish. For those who have made coins, whats the usual mint time from start to finish? I'll keep you posted!

As a personal coin it's awesome! Find a place for your name and send it off.

Start to finish is anywhere from 3-6 weeks, but a LOT depends on how many revisions and such you make. That's the longest part, once it goes to mint they only take a couple of weeks and then you have a very unhappy FEDX man delivering them to your door.