10 MPH Speed Warning

MaxxTheDog

Hi Gang,

I just started playing with my new Garmin 60CX, and I noticed something on the way home today.

I was nearing a spot where I had a waypoint marked for whatever reason with a "?".

This spot would have been taken out of my old Legend GPSr.

Once I got near the spot, the GPS beeped and the screen read: Warning approaching 10 MPH zone (or something like that). There is not any school, intersections, actually not mush of anything in the area.

I think that there is an electrical box though.

Has anyone run into this before? I'll dig into it further but will not be able to do in until next week sometime and I'm curious to know now.

On a side note, my first run with the new GPS worked well. From Milwaukee to Minneapolis, I found all 6 places I was looking for in the MN area using just the GPS. I have some other quirks I have questions about, but I'll save them for another time and thread if needed.

Thanks.

Hi Gang,

I just started playing with my new Garmin 60CX, and I noticed something on the way home today.

I was nearing a spot where I had a waypoint marked for whatever reason with a "?".

This spot would have been taken out of my old Legend GPSr.

Once I got near the spot, the GPS beeped and the screen read: Warning approaching 10 MPH zone (or something like that). There is not any school, intersections, actually not mush of anything in the area.

I think that there is an electrical box though.

Has anyone run into this before? I'll dig into it further but will not be able to do in until next week sometime and I'm curious to know now.

On a side note, my first run with the new GPS worked well. From Milwaukee to Minneapolis, I found all 6 places I was looking for in the MN area using just the GPS. I have some other quirks I have questions about, but I'll save them for another time and thread if needed.

Thanks.

Looking at this page about 3/4 down the page it might be that the name of your waypoint could have had something like @10 in it.

That page is for Points Of Interest (POI's) but maybe it works the same with waypoints, I haven't tested that.

ProsperoDK/René