origional geocache

dexterdoll

missing - but there is a plaque nearby

With a micro built into it as I understand it. Here it is.

The link for the tribute plaque cache by the original site is correct. However, it is a small ammo can, not a microcache. The page states "There is an ammo can within 5' of this cache, "

Here is a portion of the details from the page:

On May 3, 2000, a five-gallon bucket was placed right at this very spot by Dave Ulmer, containing Delorme Topo USA and 2 CD Roms, a cassette recorder, a "George of the Jungle" VHS tape, a Ross Perot book, 4 $1 bills, a slingshot handle, and a very famous can of beans (now the O.C.B. T.B.!) The coordinates were then listed on the Internet and modern-day Geocaching was born.

The first finder of that first cache was Mike Teague, who took the money and left some cigarettes, a cassette tape and a pen.

Although that original bucket was severely damaged by an Oregon Road Crew mower and is no longer around, TEAM 360 and many other concerned geocachers recognized the importance of that event which happened here and dedicate this ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE on behalf of cachers everywhere.

Keeping with tradition, there IS a logbook to sign at this site. It is RIGHT there and very easy to get at. Please do not try to pry up or move the Plaque at all to find it. There is also a nearby ammo can for Travel Bugs and trade items.

Russ (PastorDIC)

So, can I use these two caches as an example to get around the cache saturation rule?

From the guidelines:

First and foremost please be advised there is no precedent for placing caches. This means that the past listing of a similar cache in and of itself is not a valid justification for the listing of a new cache.

So, can I use these two caches as an example to get around the cache saturation rule?

From the guidelines:

First and foremost please be advised there is no precedent for placing caches. This means that the past listing of a similar cache in and of itself is not a valid justification for the listing of a new cache.

Aside from 'no precedent', isn't the ammo box part of the 'ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE' cache??

From the guidelines:

Aside from 'no precedent', isn't the ammo box part of the 'ORIGINAL STASH TRIBUTE PLAQUE' cache??

But this cache, just 73 feet away is not. As I recall there was an exemption granted for the tribute cache since it was too close to this one.

The link for the tribute plaque cache by the original site is correct. However, it is a small ammo can, not a microcache. The page states "There is an ammo can within 5' of this cache, "

What I find interesting is that quite a few people log the plaque as a find without ever signing the logbook inside the cache.

Jamie

From the guidelines:

But this cache, just 73 feet away is not. As I recall there was an exemption granted for the tribute cache since it was too close to this one.

Yes I realize there is another different cache nearby, but its not clear to me if the question was about two different caches, or an ammo box being next to the plaque :) .