PQ resetting distance

dragonflys

That does not happen to me. Perhaps you can post a link to the PQ builder... I forget how, but there is a way to post a link so that others get a "pre filled PQ" form that they could then save as their own... its not actually *your* PQ. Someone might be able to see if there is something with that particular settings to cause the bug.

Are you setting your center point to "My Home Coords"?? If so, I reported this last week on the forums and have not seen any response from the GC people, but a lot of cachers telling me I was doing it wrong
for what's its worth... 2 responders is not exactly "a lot" and neither of then accused you of "doing it wrong". The first just asked for more info... much like your first post in this thread. :unsure: But there does seem to be a bug with "Home Coords" with "By state"

for what's its worth... 2 responders is not exactly "a lot" and neither of then accused you of "doing it wrong". The first just asked for more info... much like your first post in this thread. :unsure: But there does seem to be a bug with "Home Coords" with "By state"

I received more responses than what is evident in forums. I don't want to dig stuff up so lets leave it like that. I also didn't mean to sound too accusitory, but when someone asked if I selected a "From Origin" and I think the original problem description says that I selected "From Home Coords", which is an option under "From Origin", then I don't know how that could be interpreted any other way than to say I'm doing it wrong.

That aside....

There is a bug. Its been reported a couple of different ways. I think my OP has the most detail of duplicating the bug, and I can consistantly duplicate it with very little effort. I haven't tried today, but I have also not seen any posts of anyone saying "Its working for me now" or any posts from GC saying "we see it and will fix it".

That does not happen to me. Perhaps you can post a link to the PQ builder... I forget how, but there is a way to post a link so that others get a "pre filled PQ" form that they could then save as their own... its not actually *your* PQ. Someone might be able to see if there is something with that particular settings to cause the bug.

state"

Doing anything to modify the PQ after its been created seems to "fix" the bug. So passing it through as a prefilled form may hide the bug.

Do this.. Start a new PQ. Select "My Home Coords" under origin, and select the "States" radial button and choose your state from the list.

I also slected "I haven't found" but I've tried this both ways and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Save and preview..

I'll bet you get zero results.

Now go back and edit the PQ. Change the origin to your zip code, or a nearby cache, or a set of coord's (even if they are the same as your home coords).

Save and preview.

Expected results appear.

Now go back and choose "My Home Coords"

Save and preview. (remember, this should now be the same PQ as you saved originally, the only thing you changed was the Origin, and now your putting it back)

Expected results appear.

Do you see anything different than me??

Sorry, since there was nothing said to the contrary, I assumed that we were talking about only forum posts. If a lot of people contacted you out side of the forums then I stand corrected. And yes there does seems to be a bit of a bug with it. I was able to reproduce this... only with a new PQ.

And yes there does seems to be a bit of a bug with it. I was able to reproduce this... only with a new PQ.

To keep on topic with original poster, same bug (??) seems to keep from setting distance. It seems to "default" to 100, and that can not be changed until you select something other than "My home coords" and then set it back to "My home coords". I kinda have a feeling that since this field is not changing/updating that its probably not saving correctly, and either zero, or the SQL query assumes zero since there is nothing there, thus the reason for no results.. After doing the workaround for the other bug, this bug seems to fix itself also.

I have two different PQs that center from my home coords and both of them are set up by just entering my home cords, rather than choosing the "Home Coords" option. I've had them for some time so I don't recall if or why I set them up that way, but perhaps it was due to this bug. However, I also don't generally change the radius value from the default as my limits usually involve the number of caches. Both "home" PQs generate appropriate lists so it no big deal to me. But I supose if I needed to make a new one, I might run into this.

I don't recall if or why I set them up that way

Its a new feature. I'm not sure when the option showed up on the page initially, but even with it there it didn't work until last wednesday. So, thats probably why you didn't set them up like that, it wasn't an option...