hitch hikers question

kati3l3unny

I suppose you could make a write up and attach it and send it off, but you probably won't know what happens to it, and without travel bug tags I don't think it'll last very long before going home with someone and staying there. But, no there is no rule against it! TB's are fun, you get to follow their movement and read their stories!

I would think that without a dog tag attached, most people would treat it as a regular trade item. You could maybe try putting it in a ziploc with a note attached asking people to log it and move it along, but I am not sure how effective that would be. The dog tags are cheap, order a couple and send your hitchhiker on its way!!! :unsure:

might as well get a TB tag to go with it.

be prepared for the bunnies to go MIA as well. There are travel bugs that have been happily moving thousands of miles over many years, but I've seen a few that didn't even make it past their first cache. I'd be pretty bummed out if it was mine that happened to and I wasn't expecting the possibility.

It's fine to have a hitch hiker without a tag, that is how the whole thing started, after all. You don't even need to track it, but do attach a mission and I agree with the idea of adding your e-mail address. I created a hitch hiker that was a ball of rubber bands, it's mission was that who ever picked it up should add more bands and send it on to a new cache. I havn't heard of it since placing it, probably cuz I didn't give contact details on it. In the end, travel bug dog tags are more fun, I have seven and will still be sending out more.