2.0 Bugs Thread

Interesting...Runtime errors when trying to get to the homepage, but not to the rest of the pages. Thank goodness for bookmarks!!!!

Even more interesting....happens when I am logged in, but is fine when I am not logged in.

Wow! That was fast. :-)

Had to update the site to add the RSS feeds. :laughing:

Yeah, I would definately say that was worth a short hiccup!!!! Now, off to go play with the pretty new RSS feeds. :unsure:

RSS Feeds (2.0):

* Newest Waymarks

* Newest Categories

On the links all I get is --->

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

That's what it's supposed to look like. Don't worry, before yesterday I was an RSS n00b, too. Download a reader from the link provided in the news article and the subscribe to the feed per your reader's instructions. I'm using Sage, an extension for Mozilla Firefox which is easy to understand and install.

Check the wikipedia article for more information.

EDIT: Let's split out this discussion into a new topic if anyone else wants to comment. Thanks!

Edited by OpinioNate

RSS Feeds (2.0):

* Newest Waymarks

* Newest Categories

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

You have to use a 3rd party aggregator to read the feeds. It won't show anything but xml if you just click the links. On our home page post we give an explanation of how to utilize the feeds.

Like many, I have a username that ends in the letter "s." On the Waymarking site, I don't like how page titles and my stats bar say things like "The Leprechauns's Waymarks" or "The Leprechauns's Stats." The stat bar on Geocaching.com works fine; it says "The Leprechauns' Stats." This got fixed very quickly once I brought the grammar glitch to Groundspeak's attention. I am hoping that whatever code bandaid fixed it over there can also be applied over on Waymarking.

RSS Feeds (2.0):

* Newest Waymarks

* Newest Categories

You have to use a 3rd party aggregator to read the feeds. It won't show anything but xml if you just click the links. On our home page post we give an explanation of how to utilize the feeds.

Using browser MAXTHON (recent version = 1.5.8 build 120) is comfortable. It has a built-in RSS reader.

HELP!!! I can't get on the new forum page.

I could read them but it wouldn't let me respond.

I changed my password to 7 charictors and one of them is a number.

Now when I click on the new forum, I get a download that gets bigger and bigger but the page stays blank.

with my 26k phone line I received 10.8 meg in 1hr15min. and it was still sending.

Is this a problem or is the new forum only for high speed internet?

Edit: Answer was posted on another Thread.

The "&" in my name - 8Nuts&MotherGoose- is the problem and can not be used. It's being changed so that there is no "&" in my name.

Edited by 8Nuts&MotherGoose

Bug or Camera Setting?

I received this message from a Waymarker. The waymarker tried to upload the photo to one of my waymarks two days ago. No success. Yesterdays message was:

ok I am frustrated !!!

I have just tried three more times in a row to upload a pic to no avail.

I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Do you have any suggestions of quirks, etc that I may not know about?

(End of message)

I personally have a Canon Power Shot A510 that does not have a lot of flexibility on settings. So I upload my photos changing the settings to 600 X 450 pixels JPG.

I would like some feedback on this situation. Is this a bug? How do others get the waymark that they have found to accept photo(s)?

Edited by Rose Red

I'm just curious - why do you do that? The Waymarking site does that reduction itself automatically.

The Waymarking site does not reduce my photos automatically--never has and probably never will. I do not know if it is the phone line, my Sony PC computer or my Canon PowerShot A510 camera but the Waymarking site does not reduce my photos automatically. After I lost several filled out waymark forms when I tried to upload photos, I began experimenting with reducing the size of each photo. I came up with 600 X 450 JPG. However, I do not reduce scanned (film) photos which the waymark site does accept.

Has the waymarker that was having problems been able to resolve it?

Maybe he/she was having the same problem as you, Rose Red, and needs to reduce size before uploading pics.

I received this message:

Thanks for trying to help me. Your initial answer was the answer. I changed the pixel to 600x450 and the picture uploaded with ease. So we are all set with a picture on my visit log.

(end of message)

However the person evidently had problems later uploading photos onto the sites. So the problem goes beyond reducing the size and JPG setting. I save with or without submitting before I upload photos as I lost too many filled out waymarks when I began Waymarking.

AOL is not compatible with the new system on my computer so I have been using Firefox. Thankfully my adult children are computer literate or I would simply be lost at times!

... AOL is not compatible with the new system on my computer so I have been using Firefox. Thankfully my adult children are computer literate or I would simply be lost at times!

Sometimes those Rug Rats grow up to be quite useful. My son builds web pages for a company. He's helped me out of trouble a few times too. Now, if only I could get him to teach me a little more.

Apparently Officer Votes aren't registering properly on my group / potential Category!

All of us voted "yea" the first day that the Call for Vote was sent out. The Voting stayed open for the full seven days. Now it's back to "CALL FOR OFFICER VOTE" - in other words, it didn't "take".

What's up with that? :laughing:

And, when I click on "View Past Votes", I get a 404 Not-Found error.

I've never had this much trouble creating a Category before.

Edited by PAWSitraction

Here's a couple of serious bugs...

I can't login in the new forums. It tells me I'm already logged... and I don't have any option to do, except sign in (which is impossible to use) and sign up.

I can't see my RSS feeds.

My guess is... the problem is related o spaces between words on our username. Can you check that please? Thank you

You have the same problem that I had. The "&" is your problem. After Groundspeak performed an Ampersand-ectomy on my name "8Nuts&MotherGoose", it became "8Nuts MotherGoose". Then I could log into the new Portal. Opininate is one of those to help you out.

Edit: Check this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=148089

Edited by 8Nuts MotherGoose

Here's a couple of serious bugs...

I can't login in the new forums. It tells me I'm already logged... and I don't have any option to do, except sign in (which is impossible to use) and sign up.

I can't see my RSS feeds.

My guess is... the problem is related o spaces between words on our username. Can you check that please? Thank you

You have the same problem that I had. The "&" is your problem. After Groundspeak performed an Ampersand-ectomy on my name "8Nuts&MotherGoose", it became "8Nuts MotherGoose". Then I could log into the new Portal. Opininate is one of those to help you out.

Edit: Check this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=148089

Now, I'm confused.

First, it's stated all over the place that it's impossible to change username or some critical application won't work.

But, after implementing the new forum software it's possible?

You can't log into the Portal forum unless your password is 7 letters long and one of them must be a number.

I didn't know anything about it being impossable to change my name. All I knew was that I wasn't allowed to change it. Then TPTB offered to remove the "&" to fix my problem and it worked. I was happy. I gave you the thread for the info, now you know all that I know.

Sorry, I posted a new bug in a new thread, in stead of here.

it's here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=149889

and the text is:

Hi,

With this waymark:

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?...aeb1c&gid=3

I got a decline from an unknown approver, the top line reads:

"This waymark has been declined by iryshe" and that's wrong.

The 3 approvers of ANWB PAddenstoelen are: Aladdin, Barjon (thats me), and Tijgetje.

I'm sure I got the decline from Aladdin.

I'll try to keep the declined page as "un-approved" for you to examine.

Please inform me if your investigation is ready.

What's wrong?

So know it is a double posting. (Sorry)

Barjon