2.0 Bugs Thread

I have a Sony Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 using Browser Foxfire Mozilla 1.5 (AOL does not work with the new system). I have encountered two problems. I cannot change my Password. I get a 404 error message time after time. Also other family members occasionally use my computer. I do not want my name and passwords saved. I uncheck the box over and over again yet the next time that I sign on my name and password appears. And it does so for each family members account. How can I change my password without an error message? And, more importantly, how can stop my name and password being saved? Frustrated in Vancouver (the other Vancouver).

You are right, the password change link is broken. I'll fix it this afternoon. In the meantime, you can use geocaching.com's account page to change your password, since the account information for both sites is the same.

As for Firefox's saving of your passwords, you can click on the "tools" menu in firefox select the "Clear Private Data..." option. This will allow you to clear your passwords from firefox's memory. Then the next time you select a password, it will ask you whether or not you want that password to be remembered. You can say "no", or "never for this site".

Hope that helps,

Bootron

Missing photo by approving a waymark when there is a nearby waymark.

That occurs when you got the message below

'The following waymarks have been posted within 1 mile of this waymark. Please make sure the waymark you are reviewing is not already on this list:'

ALbert

example (ANWB Paddenstoelen):

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/approve.aspx...77-87c257486bbd

Added:

Click on the gallery button of the nearby waymark of the example above gives the message below:

image preview on

Total Records: - Page: of

prev<<<[]>>>next

prev<<<[]>>>next

*This gallery may contain images that are hidden due to your present location or waymark settings.

There is a non hidden photo present in that waymark!

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?...dc-17e02473f147

You've definitely discovered a bug. I'll put this on my list. Thank you.

i just got a waymark log notice...i clicked the 'visit this waymark' link, which took me to the directory....

edit: then the visit this log took me to a 'blank' Waymarking page, on which none of the links worked--all 'blank' ends....

This should be fixed now. All new log emails will contain a functioning link.

I've tried to add a new category (I'm managing a group, already with officer and regular members) and it's not possible.

I've filled every space required, pressed the "Add New Category" button and I'm redirected to the homepage! Ain't this weird?

Is the process over by now? Shouldn't I setup variables, etc?

Yes, that's weird. I was able to add a category with your username. Is this still not working for you? I fixed a few minor things on that page. Can you check again?

When I get a page for approval there is no "Private Message" but instead is listed under "Long Description"

The page with no "Private Message" Link probably won't show here except to the Category owner/officers, so they probably think it's a 'page log' instead of a private message.

Before when I pulled up my own "Waymarks" I could see the "Private Message" and could then remove it after it's approval. Now I have to open the page and look for the box to find out if there was a private message I had sent with my "Waymark" submission. :P

When I get a page for approval there is no "Private Message" but instead is listed under "Long Description"

The page with no "Private Message" Link probably won't show here except to the Category owner/officers, so they probably think it's a 'page log' instead of a private message.

Before when I pulled up my own "Waymarks" I could see the "Private Message" and could then remove it after it's approval. Now I have to open the page and look for the box to find out if there was a private message I had sent with my "Waymark" submission. :laughing:

I'm about to leave for the weekend, but I'll check into this on Monday. Sorry to make you wait!

I've tried to add a new category (I'm managing a group, already with officer and regular members) and it's not possible.

I've filled every space required, pressed the "Add New Category" button and I'm redirected to the homepage! Ain't this weird?

Yes, that's weird. I was able to add a category with your username. Is this still not working for you? I fixed a few minor things on that page. Can you check again?

Just repeated the process once again... And got the same result.

After filling out everything, I'm sent to the homepage without any notice! :laughing:

Just repeated the process once again... And got the same result.

After filling out everything, I'm sent to the homepage without any notice! :laughing:

okay, I'm unfortunately away from the office for the weekend. I will make sure this is a priority on monday morning. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Before when I pulled up my own "Waymarks" I could see the "Private Message" and could then remove it after it's approval. Now I have to open the page and look for the box to find out if there was a private message I had sent with my "Waymark" submission. :laughing:

FYI, I was actually to fix this before I left from work this evening.

'The following waymarks have been posted within 1 mile of this waymark. Please make sure the waymark you are reviewing is not already on this list:'

ALbert

Added:

Click on the gallery button of the nearby waymark of the example above gives the message below:

image preview on

prev<<<[]>>>next

prev<<<[]>>>next

*This gallery may contain images that are hidden due to your present location or waymark settings.

Bootron, thanks for your reply.

I think that you get the first problem when you create a new waymark within 1 mile distance of an existing waymark.

A photo attached to the new waymark not uploaded!?

ALbert

Edited by Aladdin

Hi,

For Windmill "De Hoop" in Swartbroek, the Netherlands ==

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?...94614&gid=3

I tried to upload images several times. It's the same problem ALaddIN reported.

The upload of images is flawed. I tried 2 times, both uploads were vanished! Where are they?

In a private message to the group officer I reported this flaw and asked him to NOT approve this waymark until the upload function is debugged.

Barjon.

Edited by Barjon

In the Skateparks category, one of the variables is to rate the location (ask the kids if you don't know).

The choices are the standard 1 to 5 in 1/2 point increments. I selected 3, but 5 stars are displayed. I've tried editing, but it remains at 5.

It's certainly NOT worth a 5 :D

Not sure if this bug affects all rating variables or not.

:D The Blue Quasar

This just happened to me. I filled out everything for the category, clicked the add button, and got sent to the homepage. I go back, and the category isn't there. So I did it all again with the same result -- no category.

Ok, I believe this issue is now corrected. Thanks for your help!

This just happened to me. I filled out everything for the category, clicked the add button, and got sent to the homepage. I go back, and the category isn't there. So I did it all again with the same result -- no category.

Ok, I believe this issue is now corrected. Thanks for your help!

Ok, now I can create a category, and it's saved, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting back to it to see what the page looks like. Almost everything I click on just takes me back to the homepage. On the Groups Details Page, if I click on 'Skyscrapers', it takes me to the home page instead of the category. On the edit page, if I click on the 'View Skyscrapers Details' it takes me to the home page.

ALbert

Added:

image preview on

prev<<<[]>>>next

prev<<<[]>>>next

Bootron, thanks for your reply.

I think that you get the first problem when you create a new waymark within 1 mile distance of an existing waymark.

A photo attached to the new waymark not uploaded!?

ALbert

I believe this issue is now corrected.

"Nearest Waymarks" appears to be kinda broken for me. I say "kinda", because it works sometimes, but not always. Here's how I tried to use it, and it was broken:

1. Visit "Washington Monument" NPS Cancellation Station waymark (here)

2. Click "Nearest NPS Passport Cancellation Stations

3. Get redirected to the Waymarking home page.

Just before writing this up, I checked using one of the "featured waymarks" from the main page, and everything worked liked I expected it to work....

[Edit to fix URL.]

Edited by drmellow

I have a Sony Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 using Browser Foxfire Mozilla 1.5 (AOL does not work with the new system). I have encountered two problems. I cannot change my Password. I get a 404 error message time after time. Also other family members occasionally use my computer. I do not want my name and passwords saved. I uncheck the box over and over again yet the next time that I sign on my name and password appears. And it does so for each family members account. How can I change my password without an error message? And, more importantly, how can stop my name and password being saved? Frustrated in Vancouver (the other Vancouver).

Password change page works now.

"Nearest Waymarks" appears to be kinda broken for me. I say "kinda", because it works sometimes, but not always. Here's how I tried to use it, and it was broken:

1. Visit "Washington Monument" NPS Cancellation Station waymark (here)

2. Click "Nearest NPS Passport Cancellation Stations

3. Get redirected to the Waymarking home page.

Just before writing this up, I checked using one of the "featured waymarks" from the main page, and everything worked liked I expected it to work....

[Edit to fix URL.]

This should be fixed now.

upon uploading like the 4th pic to a submitted waymark i was taken to a page saying:

"image preview on Total Records: - Page: of

prev<<<[]>>>next

prev<<<[]>>>next

*This gallery may contain images that are hidden due to your present location or waymark settings."

i tried to right click forums--to open in a new window--but was taken to a blank link

Visit counter is still not counting correctly after a log is deleted.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

examples:

UGGR

Library

OK, this issue should be fixed now. The trigger wasn't kicking in for archived waymarks. Now it is. I also ran a query to update all the waymarks so they should be correct now. If you see an anomolie it's likely because the waymark is cached. Over a short period of time (a matter of hours) this will correct itself.

bootron Posted Today, 04:29 PM

(The Blue Quasar @ Oct 31 2006, 05:39 AM) *

cool.gif The Blue Quasar

examples:

UGGR

Library

OK, this issue should be fixed now. The trigger wasn't kicking in for archived waymarks. Now it is. I also ran a query to update all the waymarks so they should be correct now. If you see an anomolie it's likely because the waymark is cached. Over a short period of time (a matter of hours) this will correct itself.

Worked perfectly. I waited a little while after you logged visits on both of mine, and then went and checked. All counters are correct now. I don't think you meant to say 'archived waymarks' but instead 'archived logs'.

Thanks Bootron!

If I could ask one quick question... what happened on Oct 15th? I forget if that was 2.0 roll out day, but a few of my "Visit" logs say that I edited them on Oct 15th. Since you cannot edit after an hour, and I didn't edit anything it seems odd. The only thing I can think of is that these used to show that I approved my own listing and that was corrected which also caused the log edit to happen and thus trigger the date change.

p.s. I know, I know... I'm anal retentive, but if it helps I'm also a Scottish Gemini Only-Child :laughing:

Edited by The Blue Quasar

upon uploading like the 4th pic to a submitted waymark i was taken to a page saying:

"image preview on Total Records: - Page: of

prev<<<[]>>>next

prev<<<[]>>>next

*This gallery may contain images that are hidden due to your present location or waymark settings."

i tried to right click forums--to open in a new window--but was taken to a blank link

I have a feeling you may have gotten stuck in the middle of a minor update. If you encounter this again, get back to me.

bootron Posted Today, 04:29 PM

(The Blue Quasar @ Oct 31 2006, 05:39 AM) *

cool.gif The Blue Quasar

examples:

UGGR

Library

Worked perfectly. I waited a little while after you logged visits on both of mine, and then went and checked. All counters are correct now. I don't think you meant to say 'archived waymarks' but instead 'archived logs'.

Thanks Bootron!

If I could ask one quick question... what happened on Oct 15th? I forget if that was 2.0 roll out day, but a few of my "Visit" logs say that I edited them on Oct 15th. Since you cannot edit after an hour, and I didn't edit anything it seems odd. The only thing I can think of is that these used to show that I approved my own listing and that was corrected which also caused the log edit to happen and thus trigger the date change.

p.s. I know, I know... I'm anal retentive, but if it helps I'm also a Scottish Gemini Only-Child :laughing:

I think we updated the site earlier than the 15th, maybe on the 11th? It's the date on the front page post. I think I put that up on the day of the update.

I can't figure out what it was that happened on the 15th that caused your logs to go funky. If I find any answers for you I'll post back. Sorry to be not terribly helpful on this....

i just got a waymark log notice...i clicked the 'visit this waymark' link, which took me to the directory....

edit: then the visit this log took me to a 'blank' Waymarking page, on which none of the links worked--all 'blank' ends....

nope, just got it again...

In the Skateparks category, one of the variables is to rate the location (ask the kids if you don't know).

The choices are the standard 1 to 5 in 1/2 point increments. I selected 3, but 5 stars are displayed. I've tried editing, but it remains at 5.

It's certainly NOT worth a 5 :blink:

Not sure if this bug affects all rating variables or not.

:huh: The Blue Quasar

Should be fixed now.

nope, just got it again...

If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me a forward of the broken email to me via email?

I have just tried to add two waymarks to the Virginia Historic Markers Catagory, They were close to another waymark and I got the a close by notice, and submitted my waymarks. My waymarks were submitted but I had to go back and update the waymark with a photo. The waymark were approved and is on the Virginia Historic Marker Page shows that there are not photos associated with the waymark. When I click on the Waymark the Photo is visible on the the Individual waymark page.

This only seems to be happening when I submit a waymark that is within a mile of another and I have to go back and upload the photo after the waymark has been submitted.

Am I doing something wrong of is this a bug.

Thanks

I have just tried to add two waymarks to the Virginia Historic Markers Catagory, They were close to another waymark and I got the a close by notice, and submitted my waymarks. My waymarks were submitted but I had to go back and update the waymark with a photo. The waymark were approved and is on the Virginia Historic Marker Page shows that there are not photos associated with the waymark. When I click on the Waymark the Photo is visible on the the Individual waymark page.

This only seems to be happening when I submit a waymark that is within a mile of another and I have to go back and upload the photo after the waymark has been submitted.

Thanks

Did you set the photo as the default image? I noticed that if I only submit one photo, and don't set it as the default, then it isn't displayed -- the thumbnail says 'there are no images for this waymark yet.' But once I set it as the default image, it appears as the thumbnail.

Thanks

Did you set the photo as the default image? I noticed that if I only submit one photo, and don't set it as the default, then it isn't displayed -- the thumbnail says 'there are no images for this waymark yet.' But once I set it as the default image, it appears as the thumbnail.

That was the problem, I knew I had done something stupid, thanks for your help!!!!

Recently, one of my waymarks was chosen by Groundspeak to be one of the "Featured Waymarks" that shows up on the home page and in the gallery of featured waymarks. I was quite pleasantly surprised by this. So, I decided to dress up my waymark now that it was in the spotlight, so to speak. I added an extra paragraph of text.

When I finished editing, I noticed that the little "Featured Waymark" graphic had disappeared, and that my waymark no longer appears in the "Featured Waymarks" gallery. I can understand why Groundspeak would program it this way -- someone with a featured waymark could abuse the limelight and edit their page so that it read very differently than it did when selected.

But I really, really would have appreciated a warning when I opened the edit screen. Or, an explanatory e-mail from the site saying "Congratulations! Your waymark has been selected for our Featured Waymarks gallery. So that others may enjoy what caught our eye, please do not edit this waymark."

:laughing::unsure::blink:

Recently, one of my waymarks was chosen by Groundspeak to be one of the "Featured Waymarks" that shows up on the home page and in the gallery of featured waymarks. I was quite pleasantly surprised by this. So, I decided to dress up my waymark now that it was in the spotlight, so to speak. I added an extra paragraph of text.

When I finished editing, I noticed that the little "Featured Waymark" graphic had disappeared, and that my waymark no longer appears in the "Featured Waymarks" gallery. I can understand why Groundspeak would program it this way -- someone with a featured waymark could abuse the limelight and edit their page so that it read very differently than it did when selected.

But I really, really would have appreciated a warning when I opened the edit screen. Or, an explanatory e-mail from the site saying "Congratulations! Your waymark has been selected for our Featured Waymarks gallery. So that others may enjoy what caught our eye, please do not edit this waymark."

:laughing::unsure::blink:

I think you will find that the "Featured Waymark" is a random pick and is not set for a period of time.

If you hit "page refresh" you will get another waymark as the featured one.

To get yours back you would have to continually hit refresh until it appears. (Lottery draw).

Crew 153, thank you for trying to be helpful, but I believe you are mistaken. While the image that shows up on each homepage refresh is random, they are selected from this list of Featured Waymarks. Prior to editing my page, my Odd Shaped Building waymark appeared in this list. It also had a little icon right on the waymark page. (Look at one of the others and you will see it near the top of the page.) After I edited my waymark, it disappeared from the Featured Waymarks gallery, and the icon disappeared from my waymark page.

I am moving this post here from another thread on a different topic as I think it should go here in the bugs thread instead of an unrelated thread in recruitment and category proposals section of the forum.

and watch history unfold with the first group coup...

In one of the groups that I am involved with we have had a problem with a leader who has not responded to several emails and had not signed on for over a month (He signed in yesterday for the first time since 9/27 but still hasn't responded to email). We had a few more members but some have quit due to the inactivity of the group I think. A vote was called for this morning. We will see how it turns out.

Good. We tested on the staging site but I'm curious to see how well it works in the "real world". As for that person logging in recently, it was actually me testing something. Have to figure out a way for me to do that without changing the "last login" date...

When the vote was called the email it generated said "The polls will be open for a period of 7 days, or until enough votes have been cast for the vote to pass or fail. " When I look at the vote on the group details page it says there are 4.88 days remaining for the vote.

OK so the vote results say that the vote was successful "Vote to demote XXXXXX. 11/2/2006 1:38:00 PM successful" When I check the email link the page now indicates that the issue has been resolved but when I visit the groups page The original leader is still the leader. Am I missing something?

OK so the vote results say that the vote was successful "Vote to demote XXXXXX. 11/2/2006 1:38:00 PM successful" When I check the email link the page now indicates that the issue has been resolved but when I visit the groups page The original leader is still the leader. Am I missing something?

Nuts... I'll check with Sean to see what happened. You're not missing anything, it just didn't work as we expected it should.

Recently, one of my waymarks was chosen by Groundspeak to be one of the "Featured Waymarks" that shows up on the home page and in the gallery of featured waymarks...

:unsure::blink::laughing:

You're right about removing the waymark from the featured list upon editing so someone doesn't change their waymark to say "bOOBs LOL". We threw that function in last minute so didn't have time to create a warning, but we should definitely change that. I'll check with Sean to see if an email or warning is the easier route to take. For now I'll just add your waymark back.

How do they get onto that list in the first place?

They're chosen by the Groundspeak Lackeys.

Interesting...Runtime errors when trying to get to the homepage, but not to the rest of the pages. Thank goodness for bookmarks!!!!

Even more interesting....happens when I am logged in, but is fine when I am not logged in.

Wow! That was fast. :-)

Edited by frivlas