2.0 Bugs Thread

I am still bothered by the fact that non-waymark owners can make their image the default image for the waymark and sometimes it happens without their intervention. It wasn't so bad when it was my kids' picture on Walruz's waymark, but when he pointed out that his visit pictures were showing up as the default waymark picture on some of my waymarks, I figured it was time to post again. This waymark... here is an example of his visit photo being set as the default image for the waymark. I'm hoping I won't have to go check every Waymark I have listed. sigh.

This issue should be fixed now. Those who post images for their visits (logs) are no longer able to set their photo as the default for the waymark.

Thanks!

ok, i get it now (this was the last thread read)....so the defalt check box from the upload(ed) log pic has been removed. good.

but, as the waymark owner, has the box been removed from the gallery? can i navigate to a pic taken by someone who logged the mark and set it as default?

New Bug:

If you delete your "Visit" the system still thinks that you have visited it.

Case in point:

My Waymark - Cannot Visit it

History:

I visited this listing many days previous. When WM 2.0 came out I decided to log visits to all of mine, and when I got to that one I wanted the log to match the rest of my logs. I couldn't edit it since an hour had passed so I deleted the log thinking I could just enter a new Visit. The system won't allow me to Visit it again.

So when I view the directory of Waymarks, there is NO checkmark beside the listing to show that I already visited it. When I click LOG IT, it says I already have visited and will only let log a note.

I didn't want to bring this up right away, but it's been a few days so I don't think it is a matter of the data needing to update.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar

Clicking on "Newest Categories" gives a list that isn't well sorted. It starts: 1, 2, 297, 298..... and visiting other pages in the list produce similar odd results. Clicking on MostPopular and Largest also starts with 1, 2, 297, 298.....

Should be fixed now.

I am still bothered by the fact that non-waymark owners can make their image the default image for the waymark and sometimes it happens without their intervention. It wasn't so bad when it was my kids' picture on Walruz's waymark, but when he pointed out that his visit pictures were showing up as the default waymark picture on some of my waymarks, I figured it was time to post again. This waymark... here is an example of his visit photo being set as the default image for the waymark. I'm hoping I won't have to go check every Waymark I have listed. sigh.

This issue should be fixed now. Those who post images for their visits (logs) are no longer able to set their photo as the default for the waymark.

Thanks!

ok, i get it now (this was the last thread read)....so the defalt check box from the upload(ed) log pic has been removed. good.

but, as the waymark owner, has the box been removed from the gallery? can i navigate to a pic taken by someone who logged the mark and set it as default?

If you are the waymark owner, you should be able to set someone else's log photo in your waymark gallery as the default for the waymark. Only the waymark owner can do this though, not the log owner.

Ok, next issue. :-)

I go to the McD category, I view the category gallery. I locate a familiar face which is most likely a visit to one of my waymarks. I double click on the image to open it up. When I open it up, the make default, archive, etc text is up over the picture. If I refresh or update, it seems to be fine from then on. Once I do update it however, I have an extra unlabeled checkbox above the default and archive boxes. See examples....

I believe the second issue is now fixed, but I can't reproduce the first. Can you explain in more detail how you get the page to look like that? What browser are you using?

I go to the McD category, I view the category gallery. I locate a familiar face which is most likely a visit to one of my waymarks. I double click on the image to open it up. When I open it up, the make default, archive, etc text is up over the picture. If I refresh or update, it seems to be fine from then on. Once I do update it however, I have an extra unlabeled checkbox above the default and archive boxes. See examples....

I believe the second issue is now fixed, but I can't reproduce the first. Can you explain in more detail how you get the page to look like that? What browser are you using?

Yes, the extra checkbox has been removed.

<QAmode>

The overwrite issue seems to happen on Firefox but not IE7. Once an image has been pulled up and viewed it is ok from then on. Here are the exact steps on Firefox

1) Go to the Waymarking homepage and login.

2) Go to "my page" and click the "Waymarks Owned" tab

3) Click on one of the numbers next to a listed category to bring up your waymarks in that category.

4) Click on one of them to bring up the waymark.

5) On the waymark page click "View Gallery"

6) Once the gallery comes up, click on one of the pictures. Once the picture comes up full size, the text is now on top of the image.

</QAmode> :P

Yes, the extra checkbox has been removed.

<QAmode>

The overwrite issue seems to happen on Firefox but not IE7. Once an image has been pulled up and viewed it is ok from then on. Here are the exact steps on Firefox

1) Go to the Waymarking homepage and login.

2) Go to "my page" and click the "Waymarks Owned" tab

3) Click on one of the numbers next to a listed category to bring up your waymarks in that category.

4) Click on one of them to bring up the waymark.

5) On the waymark page click "View Gallery"

6) Once the gallery comes up, click on one of the pictures. Once the picture comes up full size, the text is now on top of the image.

</QAmode> <_<

Odd. When I follow your directions, it looks just fine in Firefox and IE7. I think I may need to see the individual image page that you are having this happen to.

This little bug on the directory numbers still exists:

I go to the main Waymarking page.

I click to sort by Largest.

The directory says Historic Markers (5345)

I click on the "select a saved search" dropdown menu and select "my home" and click GO.

The directory changes. Instead of a whole bunch of categories in History/Culture, there's now only 4 categories. They all have the same numbers as before; Historic Markers says (5345).

I click on Historic Markers.

It says Subcategories: Virginia Historic Markers (400)

I look at the list of markers. The total records are 44. (It goes up a bit with a higher radius as expected.)

It seems to me that it would be more cool if the directory itself said:

Historic Markers (44)

etc., for all the rest of the categories.

when I'm Filtering by origin - my home.

Odd. When I follow your directions, it looks just fine in Firefox and IE7. I think I may need to see the individual image page that you are having this happen to.

Ok, On a whim I updated to the most recent version of Firefox. As long as I am using the most current version all is pretty and nice. :laughing:

Approval logs listed as finds, but how can there be two of them . This does not make sense. If one officer approves a waymark, the waymark should somehow reflect its approval already.

sample. As an officer, I would not like to do double the work. If I know that another officer approvedthe waymark then I would not go the extra mile and check out all the particulars in approving the waymark.

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?...;r=200&tp=6

Recent Visits/Logs:

Date Logged Log

10/16/2006 NFA approved it [view visit]

10/16/2006 BruceS approved it [view visit]

We really need to see some kind of history, at the least only one approval. And if a waymark has been declined something should showto other officers so that approvals and declines do not happen at the same time.

Edited by chstress53

This little bug on the directory numbers still exists:

I go to the main Waymarking page.

I click to sort by Largest.

The directory says Historic Markers (5345)

I click on the "select a saved search" dropdown menu and select "my home" and click GO.

The directory changes. Instead of a whole bunch of categories in History/Culture, there's now only 4 categories. They all have the same numbers as before; Historic Markers says (5345).

I click on Historic Markers.

It says Subcategories: Virginia Historic Markers (400)

I look at the list of markers. The total records are 44. (It goes up a bit with a higher radius as expected.)

It seems to me that it would be more cool if the directory itself said:

Historic Markers (44)

etc., for all the rest of the categories.

when I'm Filtering by origin - my home.

That wasn't a bug, it was just bad design. :P

Anyway, you were right and I've changed it. I think (hope) you'll be pleased with the results.

I still cannot log a Visit on this Waymark

My FIRST - Tim Horton's

I had logged a Visit before, and deleted it a few days ago. When I look at it in the list of my Waymarks it does not show the checkmark to say I have already visited it. But when I try to log the Visit, it says I already have and won't allow me to Visit it.

:P The Blue Quasar

This should be fixed now.

I was trying out the ignore feature so had ignored 27 or more that I do not find interesting or are way out of my immediate area. I then saw that you could ignore a whole portion of the directory. So I was in the US historic markers directory section and clicked ignore to see how this worked. I got an error message. I tried to go back and the sub directory for this section was indeed gone. I can't see any categories past the directory at this time. I can access my profile page but I get the same error if I try to open pages that are in the directory.

If I log out I can see everything just fine but the moment I log back in I get the error again. I don't know if it will help but here is the error. edit to add that I now get the error even if I am logged out so this may be something other than what I reported, And here I was ready to take credit for breaking the ignore feature

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Does this mean that if I choose to ignore a section of the directory I in turn will be ignored? :)

Edited by TheBeanTeam

I was trying out the ignore feature so had ignored 27 or more that I do not find interesting or are way out of my immediate area. I then saw that you could ignore a whole portion of the directory. So I was in the US historic markers directory section and clicked ignore to see how this worked. I got an error message. I tried to go back and the sub directory for this section was indeed gone. I can't see any categories past the directory at this time. I can access my profile page but I get the same error if I try to open pages that are in the directory.

If I log out I can see everything just fine but the moment I log back in I get the error again. I don't know if it will help but here is the error. edit to add that I now get the error even if I am logged out so this may be something other than what I reported, And here I was ready to take credit for breaking the ignore feature

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Does this mean that if I choose to ignore a section of the directory I in turn will be ignored? :)

I've specifically programmed the site to ignore anyone who attempts to ignore the McDonald's category. Just kidding. I'm looking into this one as we speak.

Ok, you're back up. It indeed was an ignore list bug. Credit given.

Edited by bootron

Hi,

As officer with the highest rank I would like to correct (edit) an existing waymark of a user. I see "edit" in the right column, click on it and I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

<configuration>

<system.web>

</system.web>

</configuration>

So I don't know if I can/may edit an existing waymark (one that is 'closed' for the creator)?

If yes, this seems an error/bug.

If no, I should have this possibility and not an application error.

Do you understand what I mean? If not, ask me and I'll try to explain it better.

Barjon.

So I don't know if I can/may edit an existing waymark (one that is 'closed' for the creator)?

If yes, this seems an error/bug.

If no, I should have this possibility and not an application error.

Do you understand what I mean? If not, ask me and I'll try to explain it better.

Barjon.

Thank you for your bug post. I've now fixed the problem. We do not allow anyone to edit a waymark aside from the waymark's original submitter. But as a group member you can require that they edit it under the threat of denial. For example, if you approve someone's waymark and they change it behind your back to something other than what you originally approved, you can A) send them an email first requesting that they return the waymark to its original state, or B ) you can use the "reevaluate waymark" link on the waymark page (it's a new link) and deny their waymark after the fact.

Since category managers have the ultimate say over what waymarks initially get placed in their categories, we see no reason to allow someone to subvert the system by submitting a quality waymark that they change after the fact with no recourse.

Edited by bootron

As 1st officer I would like to have the possibility to edit the text of all waymark photo's in the galery. *)

The only possibility now is to ask the creator to remove the photo and upload the same photo again with another text.

Barjon.

ADDED

*) At least the originator should have this possibility.

Edited by Barjon

hey guys, just downloaded a 'loc' the default file name was 'Waymarking' can this be changed to the Waymarking # (ie: wmXXXXX)?

Your wish is my command. Done and done.

The filename will remain "Waymarking.loc" for downloads containing multiple waymarks, but if you download directly from the waymark itself, the name will be the code number (wmXXXX.loc).

In the past if you placed a note to reviewer during the creation of a waymark you (if my memory is correct) could see that note on the view waymark page. I have a waymark that has not been submitted yet but is saved without submitting, and the note I created is there in the edit mode but it is not seen on the waymark itself. I tried it with HTML and without but the note is still not seen. Bug or did you turn something off so that only the reviewer sees the note?

Im not sure if this has been dealt with, or discussed. I reported it earlier tho and it seems to be sort of fixed. When I click on my categories, and get the list of them, I saw that 2 categories had waymarks that needed to be reviewed. One, equestrian statues, I could pull up readily and review the waymark. The other, pony express monuments, when I clicked on it, I got sent to the home page instead. Im not sure it glitched with one and not the other, but it did.

If you are the waymark owner, you should be able to set someone else's log photo in your waymark gallery as the default for the waymark. Only the waymark owner can do this though, not the log owner.

I've been away a bit and am pleased to see that it now works perfectly. Thanks!

Counting of Category Lists

Largest & Most Popular

is flawed again.

Barjon

This appears to be a bug that appears whenever I update the queries in the database. If I manually force them to compile they work again. Go figure. I'll keep an eye out for this the next time I update.

Anyway, it appears to be fixed now. Sorry!

Bootron

Edited by bootron

Yesterday, I created 4 waymarks. I received 3 Confirmation notices by e-mail.

Today, I see that all 4 waymarks are approved. I received 0 Approved e-mails.

The Confirmation e-mail says " If the category under which you have listed your new waymark requires approval for new submissions, you will receive an email notifying you when it has been reviewed and approved. If approval is not required by the category owner your new waymark will be listed immediately."

Does the wording need to be changed since ALL waymarks need approval?

Visit counter does not update when a log is deleted

Case in point: UGGR Waymark

I was trying to learn about images and log deleting, so I waited a few hours on Monday night and deleted my bad log and logged a new Visit.

The counter still shows three logs are there, but when you try to view them there are only two. There should only be two, since I deleted one.

:unsure: The Blue Quasar

p.s. The good news is that the wrong image attached to the bad log entry (done on purpose) was deleted from the gallery when I deleted the log.

I have a Sony Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 using Browser Foxfire Mozilla 1.5 (AOL does not work with the new system). I have encountered two problems. I cannot change my Password. I get a 404 error message time after time. Also other family members occasionally use my computer. I do not want my name and passwords saved. I uncheck the box over and over again yet the next time that I sign on my name and password appears. And it does so for each family members account. How can I change my password without an error message? And, more importantly, how can stop my name and password being saved? Frustrated in Vancouver (the other Vancouver).

Missing photo by approving a waymark when there is a nearby waymark.

That occurs when you got the message below

'The following waymarks have been posted within 1 mile of this waymark. Please make sure the waymark you are reviewing is not already on this list:'

ALbert

example (ANWB Paddenstoelen):

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/approve.aspx...77-87c257486bbd

Added:

Click on the gallery button of the nearby waymark of the example above gives the message below:

image preview on

Total Records: - Page: of

prev<<<[]>>>next

Total Records: - Page: of

prev<<<[]>>>next

*This gallery may contain images that are hidden due to your present location or waymark settings.

There is a non hidden photo present in that waymark!

http://www.Waymarking.com/wm/details.aspx?...dc-17e02473f147

Edited by Aladdin

#1 - The new the feature of displaying the default image has a bug in it when using Firefox (and maybe IE as well)

If you click the link below the image that says "View Gallery" it instead pops back to the top of the screen currently in view.

This new feature is a GREAT idea by the way!

#2 - When viewing the list of Waymarks, the date posted is below the heading, and the last visited is beside the heading.

Edited by The Blue Quasar

#1 - The new the feature of displaying the default image has a bug in it when using Firefox (and maybe IE as well)

If you click the link below the image that says "View Gallery" it instead pops back to the top of the screen currently in view.

This new feature is a GREAT idea by the way!

#2 - When viewing the list of Waymarks, the date posted is below the heading, and the last visited is beside the heading.

It was a bug in IE and Firefox. I forgot to add the link. It's there now. Glad to hear you like the new photos...hopefully that's the consensus. I'm still checking out #2.

How is "Popularity" determined for a category now? It used to be determined by the up and down arrows for each category. Since these have been removed then popularity sorting should be removed as has already been done for popularity filtering.

We are still trying to determine a good algorithm for deciding what's popular and what isn't. I didn't want to take away the popularity list from people, despite the removal of the upgrade/downgrade buttons, but perhaps it might be a good idea since it's confusing. We'll likely make a decision on this soon. Sorry for the confusion.

Yesterday, I created 4 waymarks. I received 3 Confirmation notices by e-mail.

Today, I see that all 4 waymarks are approved. I received 0 Approved e-mails.

The Confirmation e-mail says " If the category under which you have listed your new waymark requires approval for new submissions, you will receive an email notifying you when it has been reviewed and approved. If approval is not required by the category owner your new waymark will be listed immediately."

Does the wording need to be changed since ALL waymarks need approval?

Indeed, you are correct. That wording is outdated. It's been fixed.