GPS unit and S&M program

vogelly

Hello fellow geo cachers, I just had my first find in Boise and was thrilled. I am a new full-time RV'er and expect to also develope into a full-time cacher. Anyway, one problem I am having is that the Lat/Long on my Streets and Maps computer program does not match the Lat/Long given on my GPS unit. Is that because one of the two is screwed up or the settings are different? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks........................vogelly

Hello vogelly and welcome. Your computer mapping program is probably in a different format than your GPSr. There are different formats such as ddd.ddddd (decimal degrees), ddd mm.mmm (decimal minutes), ddd mm ss.s (minutes and seconds.) Read your manual. Also go to the FAQ: Groundspeak FAQ

Thanks EScout, I have been reading the manual since sending my question. It is in a different format but I can't figure out how to change it. I'll keep checking...........vogelly

Are you really sure the program you're asking about is "Streets & Maps"?

Accuracy counts. We wouldn't want a long explanation of the intracacies of S&M when you actually have Streets & Trips or Trips & Destinatons or something similar...

Thanks robertlipe and you are 100% correct. It is "Streets & Trips". I have no clue where the "Maps" came from. Perhaps a senior moment? Anyway, I've been doing some research but have not yet come up on how to change the format for the program. Take care for now....................vogelly

GPS unit and S&M program
I thought this thread was about something else. <_<

BTW, you wouldn't believe how many people call Streets & Trips, Streets & Maps. It happens all the time.

Sorry that I mislead you with the S&M thing. I didn't even think about that until I read your reply <_<