Neat Little Program and its Free

Jim W

Waypoint projection is a tool for calculating coordinates based on given coords, bearing, and distance. You may see puzzles like this one.

Not sure about checksums.

No, you don't plug in; this program is stand alone. It's basically a calculator using coords and such. Could be very helpful. I don't use it 'cause my 60cs and pda both have this utility built in B) .

I'm thinking checksum means the program adds up the coords for you. Many puzzles have checksums to help out you confirm you have the correct coords. The owner will post N and W checksums and if the sums of your coords match the owners, chances are you have the right coords. This is kinda outdated as puzzle owners are beginning to switch over to this web-based coord checker.

Edited by Chuy!

Waypoint projection is a tool for calculating coordinates based on given coords, bearing, and distance. You may see puzzles like this one.

Not sure about checksums.

No, you don't plug in; this program is stand alone. It's basically a calculator using coords and such. Could be very helpful. I don't use it 'cause my 60cs and pda both have this utility built in B) .

I'm thinking checksum means the program adds up the coords for you. Many puzzles have checksums to help out you confirm you have the correct coords. The owner will post N and W checksums and if the sums of your coords match the owners, chances are you have the right coords. This is kinda outdated as puzzle owners are beginning to switch over to this web-based coord checker.

Thanks Chuy!, I probably won't use Projection or Checksum, but the rest of the program is very useful