Problems accessing GC.COM via Rogers

Geofellas

Since I got home from the Thanksgiving weekend I have been unable to access either Groundspeak.com or geocaching.com from my home network. I am on Rogers cable for my home internet access.

I have contacted one other geocacher who is also on Rogers and he reports that he has the same issue. Basically any browser just gives the "Page cannot be found" message, or sometimes just hangs, when going to either of these sites.

To give myself ammunition when I call Rogers and after spending hours on hold waiting for a customer service rep I would like to know if others have experienced the same issue.

Hopefully some of you will see this if you have Rogers at home but are connected from work or elsewhere.

I just hope that TPTB haven't blocked a whole range of IP addresses or something like that :anicute:

Thanks

Since I got home from the Thanksgiving weekend I have been unable to access either Groundspeak.com or geocaching.com from my home network. I am on Rogers cable for my home internet access.

I'm on Rogers and I have also been unable to connect to geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com from home since some time last night. I'm at work right now and don't have any problems from here. :anicute:

Scott

I'm on Rogers and I have also been unable to connect to geocaching.com and Groundspeak.com from home since some time last night. I'm at work right now and don't have any problems from here. :anicute:

Scott

The same here... I'm using both FireFox and Internet explorer... I'm not getting a thing. Ever since I finished caching. However, HidnSeek who doesn't live too far away, is getting gc loaded, but with no pics.

<sigh> :anicute:

Thanks for your confirmations folks. They were very useful in escalating the problem with Rogers Customer Support. It appears that the issue has now been fixed for me at any rate. :anicute::anicute:

If you are still having problems please PM me and I can let you know the ticket number for the issue I reported so you can refer to it when/if you call Rogers support.

I'm seriously thinking of chucking in all my Rogers services. I worked it out and its actually 20$ cheaper if I get a Bell Expressvu dish (with more channels) and use another DSL provider such as 3Web and stick with my tried and true twisted pair Bell phone (which actually works when the power is out for over an hour) and going with a cheaper long distance service. I found this site recently http://ihaterogers.ca/

Hmmmph!!

I'm seriously thinking of chucking in all my Rogers services. I worked it out and its actually 20$ cheaper if I get a Bell Expressvu dish (with more channels) and use another DSL provider such as 3Web and stick with my tried and true twisted pair Bell phone (which actually works when the power is out for over an hour) and going with a cheaper long distance service.

I also do have Rogers and live in London ON. My job is high level support for a large American DSL provider. Rogers is way faster and has less problems than Ma Bell does. What Bell sold me, we could not even come close to the download bits they said I would get. Back to Rogers. I wish I could share a DNS server that is used in the US as it has allowed me to be online or go places when Rogers has been down.

Rogers users, ask your Sympatico user friends for the IP of one DNS server, it may allow you to keep serving!

Good Luck