This forum id Hijaked by Juha Mieto & Co

Team-Mikkelsen

99 % of the post in this forum is Finnish. Why ? Casue no swedes , Danes, Norwegian osv. Understands Finnish and because of that they draw back to their local forums and that is realy sad.

To write in your local language locks out the other users of this board and creates divertion not a big open forum :anicute:

But i'm glad the we have got a confirmation from Groudspeak that they wil make a Norwegian forum in here :anicute:

I am not so sure about the reason because most Finns would gladly write in English if it is needed. So feel free to open topics in English or Norwegian etc! Thing which I don't understand is that if you want broad discussions across the borders why own forum?

In the previus discussions on this topic the Finnish writers did not want to write in english casu many finns did not understand it.

But if they ware willing now to only write in English ... that would be very nice :anicute:

Old Thread about his

Edited by Mikkel

Personally, I believe that the whole idea of having only one - "Nordic and Baltic Countries" forum -

for 1) Aland Islands 2) Denmark 3) Estonia 4) Faroe Islands 5) Finland 6) Greenland 7) Iceland 8) Latvia 9) Lithuania 10) Norway and 11) Sweden in which we speak about a dozen different languages is a born-crippled approach.

I as a Finnish geocacher am mostly interested about the geocaches somewhere within reach and geocaching happening somewhere in the neighborhood. Ofcourse, it is nice to have a forum for talking with fellow "Nordic and Baltic Countrians" (how artificial does that sound? ;) but I'd think the total volume of things discussed and ideas shared within the country-specific boards would be much greater.

So, why not branch the "Nordic and Baltic Countries" forum into smaller country-specific forums and leave the current forum for chatting the issues related to the whole region. Atleast it is clear that there is enough discussion in Finnish to keep one separate board alive ;)

-- dad@TeamEimi

Edited by TeamEimi