Geo-Pin Trading

Dr. Whoever

Is there any forum or place that refers to the up and coming popular GeoPin? I personally collect these and I have set up a vest with all of them that i wear at events. If there's not how about we get one here and start some swapping, trading and selling our pins? Eh?

72dfedd4-b53f-43cd-9931-3c8f072f3fd9.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

Is there any forum or place that refers to the up and coming popular GeoPin? I personally collect these and I have set up a vest with all of them that i wear at events. If there's not how about we get one here and start some swapping, trading and selling our pins? Eh?

Are your stats correct? Almost 2000 finds and 100 hides in less than a year? Holy cow man.

I haven't even seen a geo pin let alone have a vest full of them.

I have a bunch of pins and tried putting them on a hat, but there were more than I liked and I felt heavy and silly. But other than that, I treat them like any other sig item and have them in my big lock-n-lock sig container. They only see the light of day when someone visits my house. :anicute:

My family are big Disney fans. We hit the various Disney parks several times a year and always buy too much Disney swag. Several years ago, they really started pushing pin trading. My wife was smart and made the decision that we were not going to collect them as it could quickly turn into a large expense. It was a smart decision for our family and one that applies to geocaching-related pins, also.

sbell111 Posted Today, 06:39 AM

My family are big Disney fans. We hit the various Disney parks several times a year and always buy too much Disney swag. Several years ago, they really started pushing pin trading. My wife was smart and made the decision that we were not going to collect them as it could quickly turn into a large expense. It was a smart decision for our family and one that applies to geocaching-related pins, also.

Well, the good thing is that Geo-Pins are almost always under $2 each and often as cheap as $1. So there is little expense and yet a bunch of fun. They are all unique, make great conversation items at events, and are just plain fun. That vest breaks the ice alot of times at events. Someone asks to take a picture or "lemme look" and the party begins.

Well, since I didn't find any thread on Geo-Pin trading why not try and start one here. My new personal pin is going to be here by Friday...it is a silver star with red inlays done in clear red enamel. It is one side of the new geocoin I just had done. There are 200 available. Wanna trade?

Well, the good thing is that Geo-Pins are almost always under $2 each and often as cheap as $1. So there is little expense and yet a bunch of fun. They are all unique, make great conversation items at events, and are just plain fun. That vest breaks the ice alot of times at events. Someone asks to take a picture or "lemme look" and the party begins.

That was mostly the argument for the Disney pins, also. They are reasonably inexpensive, fun to trade, and tend to spark conversation. Still, we passed.

I think it's great that other people trade pins. We just chose not to travel down that path.

Well, since I didn't find any thread on Geo-Pin trading why not try and start one here. My new personal pin is going to be here by Friday...it is a silver star with red inlays done in clear red enamel. It is one side of the new geocoin I just had done. There are 200 available. Wanna trade?

I would love to trade pins with you. I have a MustangJoni pin! I'll PM you!

Hi, I'm Seeking this pins:

Moun10bike version 1

Moun10bike version 2

Parents of SAM

GBA

Geoswag May

Geoswag June

Geoswag July

Geoswag August

Germany

DHobby1

I have these to trade (all in hand):

Alaska Bronze

Alaska Silver

Best of British

Gone Bushwhacking

GONIL Picnic

Parrolets Parrot

Muggles- Red Wacker

For the harder to find ones I will also trade coins.

Hi, everybody!

A lot of great pins being discussed here, but please remember the Forum Guidelines which state:

Commercial Postings/Solicitations are not allowed. Commercial content as a direct or indirect (either intentional or non-intentional) attempt to solicit customers through a forum post will be edited or deleted. Notwithstanding the above, Groundspeak reserves the right to include limited commercial content in this Forum, in its sole discretion.

Trading pins is fine, but you are not authorized to use these forums to sell your pins unless permission has been granted by Groundspeak. You can email the contact@ address for permission--if you receive it, please note that on your post.

Thanks.

I collect lapel pins also. When I travel, I always pick up a pin to remind of the city I was in, even in airports. I then bring them home and stick them into a framed piece of artboard and write the date under them. This has turned into a beautiful "picture" and a great remembrance of a our travels. I have also seen people use the neck lace for holding your GPS as a great place to display pins. You can get these just about anywhere. I have a dove pin and would be interested in trading with you too.

Hmmmm. I am not sure, but I may have produced the first dedicated "geopin". Back in December of 2002 I got my puppymonster pins and my GGA pins. I made them specifically as trade items. I know others were trading pins as sig items, but I think they found them on the open market I think. One of the most famous old pins to try to get was the GeoFerret pin. I have the white one, which could be found in caches the team found. Caches they hid featured a black version. Folks in Texas will recognize the pin. I arranged the three of them for a photo.

The puppymonster pin was produced a bit dark. I never liked the pin back either. Still, it looked pretty cool. I have been thinking about a second run actually since my supply has dwindled as I have put them in caches.

geo-pins.jpg

Hmmmm. I am not sure, but I may have produced the first dedicated "geopin". Back in December of 2002 I got my puppymonster pins and my GGA pins. I made them specifically as trade items. I know others were trading pins as sig items, but I think they found them on the open market I think. One of the most famous old pins to try to get was the GeoFerret pin. I have the white one, which could be found in caches the team found. Caches they hid featured a black version. Folks in Texas will recognize the pin. I arranged the three of them for a photo.

The puppymonster pin was produced a bit dark. I never liked the pin back either. Still, it looked pretty cool. I have been thinking about a second run actually since my supply has dwindled as I have put them in caches.

geo-pins.jpg

Nice pins, PM sent

Hey Castle Man, I've been trying to figure out what pin is in the far right hand row in the middle. The blue one?

Thanks, Nikki

I collect American Red Cross pins of Chapters I have served at and of the Chapters that folks I meet out on disasters. I've been doing this as long as I've been with the Red Cross. I wear them one or two (or three) at a time during the month of March (Red Cross month) and when co-workers ask me about them, I tell them about the people who traded with me, what "everyday" heroes they are, how great the folks who volunteer for disaster for the Red Cross are...

I have a bunch of geo-pins but I don't dare call it a collection. I'm already a "pin-ho" with the Red Cross; my spouse would kill me.

Hey Castle Man, I've been trying to figure out what pin is in the far right hand row in the middle. The blue one?

Thanks, Nikki

That blue one is the GBA pin....Geocachers of the Bay Area

Thanks, Nikki

That blue one is the GBA pin....Geocachers of the Bay Area

Does anyone have one of the GBA pins that they would trade me?

-Nikki

Castle Man, I don't see your pin on the jacket!

I have the website Geocachingpins.com. At one time there was a forum on it but no one used it, so I removed it.

Here is a link to the pins I have for trade Traders

I believe I ordered your geocoin/pin set. It just hasn't arrived yet.

The "wanted" pins isn't current. If you don't see it in the main index, I most likely don't have it.

My current personal pin is at the bottom of the traders list.

Scott

I collect Geo-pins as well. I keep them in a zippered bag designed for collecting and displaying lapel pins that I purchased a few months ago online. After putting my pins in it I added a travelbug dog tag as a zipper pull. :unsure: I take it with me to event caches. Anyone wishing to "discover" it as a travel bug must first admire my little collection. :ph34r:

The first few "pages" in the bag are reserved for geocaching related pins. The last couple of "pages" are for unrelated lapel pins I've *found* in geocaches. I take 'em whenever I see 'em, and leave a pin (usually a geo-pin) or other suitable swag in return. I often purchase the assortments sold by the makers of various geocoins/pins, keep ones I don't already have and use the duplicates as swag.

Duplicates currently in my collection: Evil Micro (glow and non-glow versions), No Snowmobiles, FTF Ammo Can, Virtual "Ghost", TheCachingPlace, and FTF Blue Ribbon. I'd love to trade with others for ones I don't have! I'll post pictures of the ones I have and/or have to trade sometime next week - I'm away from home currently, and won't be able to do so before then. If you're interested in a trade, go ahead and email me, but it's likely I won't be able to respond for a few days.