What would you recommend? Garmin Legend vs Garmin Rino 130

JaMPrindle

Hello,

My wife and I have a Garmin Legend B&W GPSr that we got a month ago for a good price. I just picked up a Rino 130 for a great price, but the lens is cracked. I'm debating on sending in the rino for repair and selling our Legend or just reselling the rino and keeping our Legend B&W. We have been using our Legend mainly for caching. Any thoughs or suggestions?

Thanks,

JaM

My wife and I use a rino 110 & 120. They work nice as caching units, but are best in pairs so you can get the most out of the special features - location of the other unit, sending waypoints to each other, etc. If you are only going to have one unit, the rino's extra won't buy you anything (unless you cache with others that also have rino's). The radio does eat batteries pretty fast (15 hours for GPS & radio). As much as I like my rino's, I can't recommend them as a solo unit. Does that help?

My wife and I use a rino 110 & 120. They work nice as caching units, but are best in pairs so you can get the most out of the special features - location of the other unit, sending waypoints to each other, etc. If you are only going to have one unit, the rino's extra won't buy you anything (unless you cache with others that also have rino's). The radio does eat batteries pretty fast (15 hours for GPS & radio). As much as I like my rino's, I can't recommend them as a solo unit. Does that help?

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. Well it kinda helps. After playing with it at home I am amazed at how fast it aquires the sat signals and where I can get the sat signals. I was setting in our living room and I was able to get three sat signals plus a WAAS sat. I paid $40.00 for it, but as I said the lense is cracked. It'll cost $75 to repair it. I think that I'm going to go ahead and get it repaired then decide i'll decide if i'm going to sell it or not.

Thanks,

JaM

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. Well it kinda helps. After playing with it at home I am amazed at how fast it aquires the sat signals and where I can get the sat signals. I was setting in our living room and I was able to get three sat signals plus a WAAS sat. I paid $40.00 for it, but as I said the lense is cracked. It'll cost $75 to repair it. I think that I'm going to go ahead and get it repaired then decide i'll decide if i'm going to sell it or not.

Thanks,

JaM

I'd go with a legend over the rino unless you are big on being by yourself when out hiking and don't wan't to carry a gmrs radio to communicate with your party. You do at least go out with a buddy or spouse don't you?