Memory Cards

dino-irl

I have a Dell Axim X51v and it has slots for both cards. I have a 1GB version of both at the minute but as I use it as an MP3 player and to run MM then I'm finding it restrictive. Ideally I'd like 4GB in total.

Would it be a better idea to go out and buy a 4GB card or upgrade both to 2GB cards?

If it's the 4GB path then would I be better going down the CF or SD route?

Any recommendations on brands/places to buy?

How can I be sure that my Axim will run bigger cards?

I seem to remember a similar discussion recently about purchasing off eBay so feel free to recommend a particular eBay seller.

Like you I read through the forum and wondered what to do. Eventually after reading a rant thread elsewhere, about memory man (?) on ebay I decided to by from a UK supplier. I got a Transcend CompactFlash 4GB 120x from orcalogic. It turned up and works so far. I'm using it to load MM files.

Like you I read through the forum and wondered what to do. Eventually after reading a rant thread elsewhere, about memory man (?) on ebay I decided to by from a UK supplier. I got a Transcend CompactFlash 4GB 120x from orcalogic. It turned up and works so far. I'm using it to load MM files.

How much did you pay and what kind of PDA do you use it in?

How much did you pay and what kind of PDA do you use it in?

About £65 (?) (not sure cos not at home, hence want all caches and no messing about!) My PDA is an ipaq hx2790

it's too bad i got beat from ebuyer.com, their prices were too good to be true! lowrance warned me about this company. lowrance told me the units they sold did not come from lowrance at all, but probably from some auction warehouse/closeouts, and thus could not provide me with any warranty repair service or customer support.

I frequently buy stuff from Ebuyer (.co.uk) and have never had any problems with them at all. Sorry to hear about your problems.

So do I. 99% of the time they are brilliant - cheapest and fastest. But if things go wrong.. they really go wrong. I've had stuff I've ordered on next-day delivery which hasn't turned up for 4 days - and they are quite difficult to get hold of quickly. ;)

But I still keep going back....!! :laughing:

i guess it's probably ok to buy small ticketed items from ebuyer.com, like an sd card, how much can really go wrong with flash memory? but as ebuyer.com indicated to me after i attempted to refute the charges, "ebuyer.com does not cover electronics sold by them". ofcourse i never saw that disclaimer on their website. my credit card sent it to me as i lost the complaint. i never did see much of ebuyer.com or its advertisements shortly there after, and that was last fall.