toggling between CN and TOPO

I have both City Nav and Mapsource Topo on my 60CSX. After I nstalled Topo, I cant figure out how to toggle to bring up CN. I can see major hiways but nothing more. Whats the secret?

Are you sure you have both sets of maps on your GPSr? When you loaded Topo maps you probably replaced the CN maps. All map segments have to be selected and loaded at the same time from Mapsource.

After that you can select different types from those listed on your GPSr.

I have both City Nav and Mapsource Topo on my 60CSX. After I nstalled Topo, I cant figure out how to toggle to bring up CN. I can see major hiways but nothing more. Whats the secret?

I have experienced the opposite problem - I have City Select and US Topo maps loaded onto my 60CSx. The unit wants to default to the CS street maps, even when I am clearly "off road".

I have found I have to go in and hide the CS maps in order to see the Topo maps while hiking. Then I have to remember to Show the CS maps again when I want to navigate. This is all a bit tedious. Does anyone know a way to make this more automatic?

You can hide and show maps by going to the map page, press MENU, select SET UP MAPS. Scroll sideways across the icons at the top to the "i" symbol press ENTER. You will then see a list of maps loaded on the unit. Select the one you want to show/hide and press ENTER.

If you don't see the CN maps in the list then they are not loaded. You have to download all the maps you want from MapSource together at the same time. You can't actually "add" a map, you "replace" maps each time you download.

...You have to download all the maps you want from MapSource together at the same time. You can't actually "add" a map, you "replace" maps each time you download.

- How do you load CN and Topo at the same time. You can only open one at a time in MapSource?? I want to learn how to do that, too. thanks.

I haven't tried loading City Navigator, but I did notice on my 60C that if you go to Find, Cities, and then hit menu, you get a chance to choose a map. Give it a try and it might work for you.

...You have to download all the maps you want from MapSource together at the same time. You can't actually "add" a map, you "replace" maps each time you download.

- How do you load CN and Topo at the same time. You can only open one at a time in MapSource?? I want to learn how to do that, too. thanks.

Simply open up mapsource then select the topo maps. Go through and select the areas you want to add. Next select city navigator or city select from the tab and then go through and select the areas you want to add. Then load all the maps to your gps

In Mapsource, you toggle between map sets under View/Switch to Product.

View CN and select the maps you want using the map select tool. Switch to view the Topo maps and select the topo maps you want to load. All the selected maps will appear in the Maps window on the left side of the screen.

Once you have selected all the maps you want, download to the GPSr.

From the "Teach a Person to FAQ" department, the anwers is in Question 9 of the Map Section of the very first FAQ in the thread pinned at the top of this forum:

From the Map page, press MENU » 'Setup Map' » ENTR. One of maps you've loaded will be listed. Press MENU again, then » 'Hide City Select North A' » ENTR. You can use this procedure to hide or show any map (including the base map) that is loaded. If you have firmware 3.5 or higher, you can hide or show any set of maps.