The Original Micro-Stash

Although certainly not the oldest, it's one of the oldest, I adopted a micro which was placed on March 5, 2001. It's been through.. .um, three... maybe four containers.

Jailhouse Rock

Also, in a town near me which is now literally littered with micros :anibad: , I remember finding two caches there a long time ago called Micro #1 and Micro #2. They're now both long gone.

Jamie

I hear quite often on this forum about the Original Stash Plaque.

What was the first micro-cache?

It was the worst idea anyone ever had.

C'mon, Jailhouse Rock sounds like and excellent micro, in an interesting location.

I would have pointed to several roadside micros placed along the N.Y. State Thruway in 2002 (one or two of which still exist), but I see now they're not even close to historical status.

Now the first person to put one under a lamp post skirt in a commercial shopping center, that was a bad idea. :anibad:

April 18, 2001 GC727 Jackson Microcache #1 was the first micro I ever found and brought the idea back to Nashville with this one 11/8/2001 Logan Lighthouse GC2723 boy did I start something with that cache. Oh well, sometimes stuff happens

Joe

Logan Lighthouse was a good little cache. I don't think that it caused anything negative in the area.

April 18, 2001 GC727 Jackson Microcache #1 was the first micro I ever found and brought the idea back to Nashville with this one 11/8/2001 Logan Lighthouse GC2723 boy did I start something with that cache. Oh well, sometimes stuff happens

Joe

You've done way more positive for this sport than negative, so you are forgiven. :anibad:

El Diablo