People I hate.

Aux10

Don't you hate people who take your travel bugs, and never log, or re-hide them? What I really hate is when a cacher posts the number of one of my TBs in their cache log. When will they learn that they should never do this because their are people who will find it, and make fake TB logs? I just find them #$@%ing annoying!

Not sure I understand the angst. :anibad: You have one bug that was placed a few days ago and moved recently.

Basically I think Aux10 is just venting.

Their complaints are 1. that people take TB and don't log them (not sure if they happened to their own TB)

and 2. cachers shouldn't post the serial numbers in their logs (something that apperently did happen to their TB) as it makes fraud logging much easier.

It happened to mine, so I sent him an e-mail, and he did what I asked him to do. Then I went and made this thread. Because it happens to others too often. I've seen many caches that say they have a travel bug, and it's not really there. And its still the same story every time I look at it.

Hate is such a strong word.

Being loved is good :) , but having no one to love is bad ;)

:rolleyes: hmmm....what a funny signature line!

you caught that too, eh?

Save the word hate for when you reaallly mean it. The old lady blocking the grocery aisle with her cart, and the crimes of Charles Mason are not on the same level.

Although, if you think they are, then I might want to know it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

It happened to mine, so I sent him an e-mail, and he did what I asked him to do. Then I went and made this thread. Because it happens to others too often. I've seen many caches that say they have a travel bug, and it's not really there. And its still the same story every time I look at it.

Seriously, the fact that you got a response is great. I think that most postings that list a tracking are simply because they honestly didn't expect someone to take advantage of the situation. They were just listing the TB number to help identify it.

Explain the situation and most people will understand. (That's the great thing about us geocachers, we help eachother.)

If you ever see somebody grab a bug because they saw the number posted in a log, contact your local reviewer or the TB moderator here in this forum.

Yes, hate is a strong word and I would soooooo love to remove it from the title of this thread. We have enough angst in the world.

Sometimes the person who picked up the TB just doesn't know any better about how it works. Send the the link to the pinned thread on how to log a TB. We don't all know how everything works. We need to be taught. Most cachers never even come into the forums and do not know about not posting the tracking number.

Please let me know if you run across exposed numbers, virtual logging, missing bugs, or anything like that.

Now, may I please change the title of this thread to something like "Things that bug me"? "Hate" and travel bugs don't go together. And may I suggest you read the pinned TB obituary thread up top? You'll see you are not alone.