Top Geocoin Approved Design

Fazanten

Also, I had a suggestion on this one. How about you make the coin itself (before plating) out of bronze instead of zinc. I think the extra weight will allow it to function as a top better

To test the spinning qualities of a coin which is made of zinc alloy, I made a test coin.

I took a Twin Peaks geocoin, cut a plastic bead in two parts and stuck one half on the coin.

testobjekt%20LR.jpg

The test object

The Twin Peaks coin is also 2" large but lighter than the planned spinning top coin, because of the holes on it and its thin outer rim.

Then I gave it a turn and looked on my watch. The coin spinned for almost one minute (average 56 seconds) untill it hit the table.

So I'm sure that the spinning top coin will spin perfectly :) .

spinning%20test%20LR.jpg

It turned and turned and turned and turned....

Ron

Edited by Psychochicken

The European mints are notorious for using Zinc as a base metal which makes for a very aluminum feeling coin. When questioned one of the reasons that has been mentioned is to save on shipping costs, I think that theory can be thrown out the window based on these prices :unsure: .

Not all European shops use European minters.

Anyway: Fazanten: thanks for the nice looking coin. Offcourse I ordered mine.

Edited by team_wolfje

I was wondering, are there any coins than have this many colors on one side? 14 is a lot! We had 11 on our nano cache personal coin. What is the record?

--Marky

I guess 14 :unsure: but I can be wrong.

No kidding, I have no idea :blink:

But what I do know: there are 240 reservations !!!!

I think this one will go into production :unsure:

Already 250 reservations are received, so the Top Geocoin is going to be produced :):)

For all the cachers who send a reservation: all the reservations are converted to orders, so nobody needs to do anything.

It will take to approx. the 22th of October before the sample pictures are ready.

So by that time the number of orders will determine if the price will be 6.50 Euro of 5.50 Euro.

If you want to order the Top Geocoin, please click here.

That one is flat when assembled (ok, so the pin sticks out a little).

Hi Chris, I don't think it's the dimensions that allowed the CP design - it is the fact that the geocoin itself is flat and has a hole (which is allowable.) Sticking the pin in it is optional -it is not intergral to the coin. And it is in fact THE FATTEST pin I have ever had to mail - it had to come to me in a box the size of a rubik's cube and trade out in a box at parcel post rate!

I have seen kids spinners made with a hole inmiddle for a pencil - not really very swish when assembled but there is that option to just leave a generic staedtler pencil sized hex shaped hole.

PS and from the 5mm specs the topcoin should ship out ok as letter under 20mm thick

Edited by forthferalz

Hello.

I really like your geocoin. Congratulations, it's a success. :laughing:

I was just wondering if you have an idea of the number of coins ordered by types (Antique Silver, Antique Gold, Nickel, Gold, Gun).

It could help me to decide which ones I will order (difficult for me to imagine which metal will give the beter look).

Any advice will be appreciated.

RoFi

Edited by RoFi

Hello.

I really like your geocoin. Congratulations, it's a success. :laughing:

I was just wondering if you have an idea of the number of coins ordered by types (Antique Silver, Antique Gold, Nickel, Gold, Gun).

It could help me to decide which ones I will order (difficult for me to imagine which metal will give the beter look).

Any advice will be appreciated.

RoFi

These are the percentages of the orders of the different metals:

antique silver 28%

antique gold 16%

nickel 15%

gold 18%

gun 23%

I expect the photo's today, so maybe this will help you :o

As soon as I have the photo's I will publish them in this forum.

:unsure:

I might question your top effect. Most coins, even in relief, are no higher that the outer edge. You could make the center section as a freewheeling spinner with a pointer to the cache type.

I would buy this coin. Please keep me on your list.

:)

Do you mean something like this:

tolletje2.jpg

I don't know if this is technicaly possible??

In this case the geocoin can also be round, isn't it?

I got my order in for it! I love it!

Could you direct me as to what program you use to design this. I'm ready to design my 2007 coin and can't seem to get the right program to do it right.

Thank you for your time,

Eagle618 aka Tami

:unsure:

I might question your top effect. Most coins, even in relief, are no higher that the outer edge. You could make the center section as a freewheeling spinner with a pointer to the cache type.

:)

tolletje2.jpg

Could you direct me as to what program you use to design this. I'm ready to design my 2007 coin and can't seem to get the right program to do it right.

Thank you for your time,

Eagle618 aka Tami

I used CorelDraw for designing this geocoin and all the other geocoins I designed yet.

If you need any help with your design, let me know :unsure:

:yikes:

:huh:

tolletje2.jpg

Thank you for your time,

Eagle618 aka Tami

I used CorelDraw for designing this geocoin and all the other geocoins I designed yet.

If you need any help with your design, let me know :o

Thank you so much for helping me out with a program and if I still have trouble I will definately ask you for help if you don't mind. I have 3 different coins I'm trying to design. If it works out they will be awesome and I will let you know the proofs and when they will be coming out. Thank you very much!

Tami aka Eagle618 :D

Because the sample pictures come at Wednesday the 25th of October, orders sent before Wednesday the 25th of October 20:00 h Central European time are garanteed.

After that I will try to help everybody, but the resources will be limited!

If you want to order the Top Geocoin, click here

Please don't order the geocoins by just giving a reaction in this forum :D Please fill in the Order form or copy the information in an E-mail.

Edited by Fazanten

Because the sample pictures come at Wednesday the 25th of October, orders sent before Wednesday the 25th of October 20:00 h Central European time are garanteed.

Please don't order the geocoins by just giving a reaction in this forum :D Please fill in the Order form or copy the information in an E-mail.

Edited by Fazanten

;)The sample pictures are ready :D

Orders sent before Wednesday the 25th of October 20:00 h Central European time are garanteed.

tolgeocoin.jpg

I made a recalculation on the shipping costs and addapted it.

Some of you will think it is still very must, but this is the best I can do with this 2 inch heavy Top Geocoin :).

You still haven't addressed the Zinc question :) ? Are these being made out of the same base metal as the Psycho Chicken Geocoins :) ? If so I think the term "heavy" is mis-leading :) .

The European mints are notorious for using Zinc as a base metal which makes for a very aluminum feeling coin. When questioned one of the reasons that has been mentioned is to save on shipping costs, I think that theory can be thrown out the window based on these prices :) .

Yes, some European shops are using Zinc as their base metal, but we (Geocoinshop.de) are always using a heavy base metal for our coins.

Just placed my order. Way ta go Fazanten - those honey's are "top" notch! :laughing:

Uhhh, I ordered 2 yesterday, but as yet no email confirmation note. Should I be worried? :wub:

PM sent

Every one who ordered this geocoin got a confirmation within 24 hours.

So people who didn't receive a confirmation, please let me know as sooon as possible. Because after Wednesday the 25th of October 20:00 hours Central European time (now only 12 hours and 30 minutes to go) I cannot garantee the numbers which are ordered. I will try to do my best to help everyone but it might be difficult B)

:)The sample pictures are ready :)

Orders sent before Wednesday the 25th of October 20:00 h Central European time are garanteed.

Please don't order the geocoins by just giving a reaction in this forum :) Please fill in the Order form or copy the information in an E-mail.

Thanks ;)

tolgeocoin.jpg

Is it too late to get 2 satin silver asnd a satin gold? :unsure:

:)The sample pictures are ready :)

Please don't order the geocoins by just giving a reaction in this forum :) Please fill in the Order form or copy the information in an E-mail.

tolgeocoin.jpg

Is it too late to get 2 satin silver asnd a satin gold? :unsure:

No, there are still a few left ;)

Here you can order them.