Post Secret.com coordinates?

GeoBear18

I wonder if it's the missing APE cache? B)B)

Hmmmm...it's about 2500 ft from an existing cache. I'm gonna be down in DC in about 2 weeks so if no one does it by then I may check it out.

Jayman11

I'm showing 10.25 miles away from the Ape cache, at a bearing of 277 degrees. The posted coordinates are very near a park, but are outside the limits of it, at least according to Mapquest. But that doesn't mean anything. The OP, if you're still following this, is it common for people to post coordinates to this website, or is this a rare (or never seen before) occurance?

Someone care to share more info than some highspeed needed link?

Thanks

According to that news piece, its near a golf course in a cave alongside a stream bed. Apparently a book written by the owner of the postsecret.com website is there and other people have been going to the spot and leaving their post cards there.

Someone care to share more info than some highspeed needed link?

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot what it was like not to have broadband. <_<

This is what I had sent to those who asked,

"The coordinates take you to a very cool location in the Schaeffer Farm area of Seneca Creek State Park. They are located in a small, almost dry creek bed. The cool thing is that there is a tree growing in the middle of the creek, the up stream side of the creek bed from the tree is a good six feet higher then the down stream side. The down stream side has formed a small canyon. At the tree, there is a large undercut which forms a small cave, ~4' high and ~10' deep and 10' wide. The person who posted the coordinates had left a copy of the post secrets book in the cave, which I left for the next person who visits the site. I am guessing that there will be a Geocache here in the near future, once all the post secret stuff dies down.

David (Vyper4)

"

The news article was wrong, there is no golf course...

cave.jpg

Here is a picture of the location that was sent into Frank at Post Secret. Facing the "cave" the book was in the upper right in some roots.

IPB images don't seem to live too long. Photobucket seems to reach bandwith limits pretty quick. I use imageshack, but they seem to have som cookie stuff running - but the images never seem to die.

according to that news piece, its near a golf course in a cave alongside a stream bed. Apparently a book written by the owner of the postsecret.com website is there and other people have been going to the spot and leaving their post cards there.

Crud. Being only 10 miles from the missing Project APE cache, I was really hoping it was a cache pirate publishing the coords of a new location that he hid it in.

Anyways, I'm convinced then the owner of postsecret.com is a geocacher, being that the coords were in degree decimal format. Or at the very least was helped by a geocacher. And one that is relatively experienced in cache placing, it doesn't sound like they blew the coords. :unsure: