Virual Caches

M3lodious

Team Tigger International Posted Today, 12:17 PM

QUOTE(CO Admin @ Oct 13 2006, 03:46 PM) *

After reading lots of discussion about Virtuals vs Waymarks, still not one person has shown a single way that Virtuals have even a slight advantage over Waymarks.

The Blue Quasar

Sure they have. Virtuals count as a find biggrin.gif bad_boy_animated.gif cute_animated.gif

BINGO!!!

They COUNT and THey give you a really cool new ICON , plus they started on GEOCACHING.COM.

They give you a really cool new ICON..... ONCE

I have Dozens of 'Cool new ICONS' .... and while they are not called "Finds" or "Smilies", they are called "Visits" and are worth just as much as any other Virtual claim.

The ship hasn't sailed on Virtuals returning, since EarthCaches have proven that point, but you're gonna have to work a lot harder to convince Jeremy and the gang why they should. From what I recall, he spent years trying to get solid input from people in these very forums and no one was able to step up to the plate. If you think you have a solution that will 'knock it out of the park', then bring it forward.

Personally I admit that I don't have a solution. Waymarking isn't perfect, but from where I'm sitting I like it better.

;) The Blue Quasar

Team Tigger International Posted Today, 12:17 PM

QUOTE(CO Admin @ Oct 13 2006, 03:46 PM) *

After reading lots of discussion about Virtuals vs Waymarks, still not one person has shown a single way that Virtuals have even a slight advantage over Waymarks.

The Blue Quasar

Sure they have. Virtuals count as a find biggrin.gif bad_boy_animated.gif cute_animated.gif

BINGO!!!

They COUNT and THey give you a really cool new ICON , plus they started on GEOCACHING.COM.

They give you a really cool new ICON..... ONCE

I have Dozens of 'Cool new ICONS' .... and while they are not called "Finds" or "Smilies", they are called "Visits" and are worth just as much as any other Virtual claim.

The ship hasn't sailed on Virtuals returning, since EarthCaches have proven that point, but you're gonna have to work a lot harder to convince Jeremy and the gang why they should. From what I recall, he spent years trying to get solid input from people in these very forums and no one was able to step up to the plate. If you think you have a solution that will 'knock it out of the park', then bring it forward.

Personally I admit that I don't have a solution. Waymarking isn't perfect, but from where I'm sitting I like it better.

B) The Blue Quasar

Edited by buffaloman