What are the odds of this happening?

This is a wild but true story. We, Dakota Cachers, placed a cache container a few days ago in a really good hiding spot (GCYNX4). Well a few days later we decide to grab this cache(GCGVX2). As we are searching for it I notice some people coming into the trees with us. So I call out are you searching for the geocache also. Turns out that they were and we met the phlegmers. As we are chatting to them, his phone rings and its his buddy searching for another cache. The same cache we set up. He was having a hard time with it, and called his buddy to get some ideas. So the phlegmers introduced us to Indy. And we gave him another clue over the cell phone. I bet that never happens again :o

Dakota Cachers

Sue Hamilton was working alone in her office in July 1992 when the fax machine broke down. Unable to fix it, she decided to call her colleague Jason Pegler, who had set off home a little earlier. Finding his home number pinned up on a notice board, she called him and began to explain the problem. But Jason quickly stopped her: "I'm not at home", he explained. "I just happened to be walking past this phone box when it rang, and I answered it!" . The number Sue found on the notice board was not Jason's home number at all. It was his employee number - which was the same as the number of the phone box he was walking past when she called.

Sue Hamilton was working alone in her office in July 1992 when the fax machine broke down. Unable to fix it, she decided to call her colleague Jason Pegler, who had set off home a little earlier. Finding his home number pinned up on a notice board, she called him and began to explain the problem. But Jason quickly stopped her: "I'm not at home", he explained. "I just happened to be walking past this phone box when it rang, and I answered it!" . The number Sue found on the notice board was not Jason's home number at all. It was his employee number - which was the same as the number of the phone box he was walking past when she called.

OK, that one gave me goosebumps!! :laughing:

I know that several times I've picked up the phone to call some one and didn't hear a dial tone.

I say hello and it's the person I was going to call. No ringing phone and no dialed number. Just pick up the phone and the person I was going to call is on the other end. I know this has happened at least 4 times to me.

Not quite the twilight zone but close.

Edited by rjw661

I told this story before, but it's been a while, and I think it's pretty good.

Back when I first started geocaching. You know, when there were like 2500 caches in the whole world, I'd recently found one about 75 miles from my house. Well, even then folks didn't maintain their caches, and this one was a rusted up coffee can that was soaked inside. The owner had moved to another state.

I brought a ready-to-go ammo can complete with logbook and trade items to replace the coffee can. I brought the coffee can and old logbook home to dry out.

A few weeks later I was at a bicycle group ride. I got to talking to a fellow I'd never met before and our conversation turned to hiking and state parks. He mentioned a state park I'd just recently visited and I nodded in recognition. Then he told me about hiking on a trail and finding something really weird.

I stopped him and said, "I know what you found. Was it a rusted coffee can?"

He about fell over. "How the heck did you know that?"

I told him that I now had the coffee can at my house. He said they found it and opened it up and signed their names to the log. When I got home, I checked the logbook and found his name.

Jamie

I was hosting a geocaching event at the local museum when they got a call from someone who had found a cache while doing repair work near a bridge. The person wanted to know what to do with the cache and who they should contact. They called the museum on the off chance they would know what geocaching was or know of someone who would.