What to do ?

hidingpool

Everytime I move a TB or Geocoin I add it to my watchlist [i'm a newbie]. Whenever someone retrieves one I look at their profile. I noticed one fellow cacher logs the coins but never places them. [six coins over the last six months]. My first thought was to e-mail them " hey , these things are suppose to move" but they are not my coins. What would you do ? TFTH, hidingpool.

A lot of cachers log TB's in and out of caches the visit until they find a cache to place it in to help it meet the TB's goal. Some log TB's in and out to keep track of the number of miles they have traveled while caching.

I don't believe that's what the OP is saying is happening. I took the post to mean that the person logs once, saying that the coin is taken, and then it's never heard of again. Which is not right.

WRT the practice you're referring to, I'm glad to hear verification that it's OK; I've been carrying It's a REAL Bug from cache to cache with me & taking pictures to fulfil its mission, since it's part-owned by a little kid and it was AWOL for a year before I found it.

I'm having fun, the bug is active, and the owners are enjoying the logs, so I'm taking my time before dropping it again.

hey , these things are suppose to move" but they are not my coins. What would you do ?

I'd let the coin/bug owners worry about it. They have way more authority to contact the cacher hanging on to their stuff than you do. I've contacted a couple of cachers through the years about my own travelers. Frankly, it's never done me any good.