Please Help!

Slablog

I already had a used GPS V that I use on my bike. Someone gave me the geocaching.com web address and I made the mistake of going there! It took 2 visits to find the first small traditional cache. I've just logged my 9th! I lurk on the site now at odd times. I can't wait for Saturday to go out hunting. My GPS is now with me at all times. I have paper notes with coordinates and odd geocache puzzles scribbled all over them. I'm shopping for a backpack! What can I do?

I already had a used GPS V that I use on my bike. Someone gave me the geocaching.com web address and I made the mistake of going there! It took 2 visits to find the first small traditional cache. I've just logged my 9th! I lurk on the site now at odd times. I can't wait for Saturday to go out hunting. My GPS is now with me at all times. I have paper notes with coordinates and odd geocache puzzles scribbled all over them. I'm shopping for a backpack! What can I do?

Buy one that has plenty of provision for spare batteries and pens, and prefereably incorporates a drinking water bladder so you dont get dehydrated whilst riding to find the next cache!!!!

Give in. There is no going back. You are hooked.

:laughing: A few years ago we started camping, got hooked. Join GLPUC made a lot of new friends that way. Lately we have noticed that during the campfire talks that everyone was having, we were slowly sitting there with nothing to say. Everyone was talking about geocaching. So when we came home from one of the last campouts, we immediately got on E-bay and got us a Garmin e-trex brand new for 47.50 and 6.00 shippng. We found 4 without it cause we couldn't wait for it to get here, now were closing in on fifty. The madness is very addicting. But we love it and now are working on a few to hide. Madness, madness has taken our family over! ;)

All good suggestions. I thank you. It sounds like I may be terminal. In any case, I now have 17 finds in 3 weeks and this morning I logged my first FTF. Yes! I got the email and rushed out early this morning just beating the other guy by a mere 20 minutes.

B)

Edited by Slablog

:( A few years ago we started camping, got hooked. Join GLPUC made a lot of new friends that way. Lately we have noticed that during the campfire talks that everyone was having, we were slowly sitting there with nothing to say. Everyone was talking about geocaching. So when we came home from one of the last campouts, we immediately got on E-bay and got us a Garmin e-trex brand new for 47.50 and 6.00 shippng. We found 4 without it cause we couldn't wait for it to get here, now were closing in on fifty. The madness is very addicting. But we love it and now are working on a few to hide. Madness, madness has taken our family over! B)

What is an FTF? and if any one can help, I don't seem to be able to "set home waypoint" have the book in hand. would like to attempt my first cache in the am but feel totally inadequate by not being able to do this!! B)