United States * Canada – United We Stand

AtwellFamily

United States * Canada – United We Stand

geocoin%20silver.jpggeocoin%20gold.jpg

Pre-Sale has begun!!

Price of the coins will be US$8.50 s/h included! The price will be the same for shipping to United States or Canada (please email for shipping cost world wide). Also if there is anyone out there I would be more than happy to give a discount price for purchases of 10 or more coins.

COIN STATS:

Size: 1.5"

Thickness: 3mm

Metal: Silver and Gold (quantity of each will depend on pre-sales)

Trackable: www.geocaching.com

Icon: Yes something like this starflag-32b.jpg

Comments: 2D with color front and back.

Activation codes: codes will be available at www.CoinCodes.com

If you are interested in reserving a copy please send an email to mike@atwell.com

(All those who contacted me earlier please resend so I can get additional information, thanks.)

IMPORTANT

Copy and paste this into the email;

Subject: GEOCOIN

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Quantity:

Here are the steps I will be following from now until shipping:

1. Post add in forum for pre-sales (October 5)

2. Pre-Production Sample posted to forum (on or about October 23)

3. Invoice those interested in purchasing (on or about October 23)

4. Receive payment

5. Ship coins early to mid November

You found your first cache two weeks ago and you already have a geocoin? Good grief. :o

What? Is there a rule, now? ;)

Back to the topic, I would like to do a trade, too.

Imagine what it would be like if everyone could remember what it was like when they found their first cache, found thier first coin, minted their first coin. Imagine a world where everyone accepted everyones ideas as if they thought they had come up with the idea...could you imagine everyone just getting along?

On another topic which was where we where when this topic started...I ordered two...and this Crazy Canuk Approves of this great design and idea....Carry on Caching.

Edited by slippery_1

You found your first cache two weeks ago and you already have a geocoin? Good grief. :o

People make coins to remember the 100th why not your 1st. Why not the one that started a family caching together. An event a 43 year old could do with a 5 year old and they could all have fun doing yes I think this was a good ides.

Yea a little odd I agree, but I'm much more concerned about what would happen to their placed caches if they lose interest. ;)

As the instruction state we are responsible for our caches, and we will be. Why can someone new participate in geocaching and remmbering the first cache. Did I miss the instruction sheet that speeled out these rules.

p.s. Living in Canada for 13 years brough me to a realization of cache in trash out everyday. Recycling is my why of life now and I have brought that back to the US with me. If, which at this point is not very likely, we would clean up opur cashes at the proper time.

Thanks for your feedback, got to go...caching in Calgary today.

Yea a little odd I agree, but I'm much more concerned about what would happen to their placed caches if they lose interest. :D

As the instruction state we are responsible for our caches, and we will be. Why can someone new participate in geocaching and remmbering the first cache. Did I miss the instruction sheet that spelled out these rules.

p.s. Living in Canada for 13 years brough me to a realization of cache in trash out everyday. Recycling is my way of life now and I have brought that back to the US with me. If, which at this point is not very likely, we would clean up opur cashes at the proper time.

Thanks for your feedback, got to go...caching in Calgary today.

Thats great to hear, and please don't take it personally, I fret over all newbs with caches. I've seen too many cachers that start off full of go... find some, maybe hide a few, then dissapear off the map inside a year (sometimes less). I miss them a little when they're gone and yes I understand lives change, but if they left some caches behind it sucks. Eventally (perhaps years later), something will need done and they won't be the ones that end up doing it :D. There are no rules about who can place caches or when, nor do I think think there should be. However, I still cringe when people take leaps into things they're barely into, since it looks like they might burn themselves out ;)

As for coins, make all the trinkets or travelers you like. Even if you drop off the map, their traveling (or the occupied sock drawer space) probably can't make geo-litter. :D

I was in contact with the mint today. They are already working on production samples. I was able to get them to add a third metal without increasing the cost. The order looks like it will be the following:

100 gold - only 36 remaining for sale

100 silver - only 36 remaining for sale

50 Black Nickel (image below) JUST ADDED!!!

Remember to add metal type and quantity to orders, thanks for all your support.

geocoin%20nickel.jpg

You found your first cache two weeks ago and you already have a geocoin? Good grief. :)

Well, I have now cached in 2 countries and by the end of the month it will be 2 maybe 3 states. I'll let you know when I get to some level past newbie. Did you want a coin, it's like my rookie card?

I'm terribly happy that you enjoy geocaching. Just seems a little off that someone would produce a coin so early on.

I am finalizing my order with the mint and to come up to the 300 order quantity I am ordering the following quantities:

geocoin-gold.jpggeocoin-silver.jpg

geocoin-black_nickel.jpg

geocoin-antique_gold.jpg

geocoin-antique_silver.jpg

Gold: 90 – available 14

Silver: 90 – available 12

Black Nickel: 50 – Sold Out

Antique Gold: 40 – available 13

Antique Silver: 40 – available 10

Some may have done the math already for a total of 310. The mint has agreed to mint 10 additional coins free-of-charge because of some misunderstanding up front. These 10 will be made in one of the above metals and will just be numbered 1-10 (non-trackable). I will be sending out 9 of these to those most helpful people in this entire process, as a thank you.

Before I forget to mention…the price will be the same ($8.50 s/h included) for all metal. I am trying to get as many coins out to the public and caches as I can. I mentioned before a discount for ordering 10 or more coins. That discount is 1 free coin for each 10 ordered.

IMPORTANT

Copy and paste this into the email;

Subject: GEOCOIN

Geo Nick:

Paypal Address:

Email Address:

Quantity by metal:

Steps I have and will be following during sales and shipping:

1. Post add in forum for pre-sales

2. Pre-Production Sample posted to forum

3. Invoice those interested in purchasing

4. Receive payment

5. Ship coins mid November

Production samples are in!

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

I will be sending out invoice this week. On the Black Nickel the outer ring will be white instead of black, as the production sample shows.

Coins should arrive mid November provided there are no issues with production.

Thanks again to all those who have ordered.

There are a few left of the Gold, and Antique Gold for those still interested in ordering.

All Invoices have been sent, if you didn't receive one and you had placed an order please contact me.

Only 11 coins left.

7 Gold

3 Antique Gold

1 Antique Silver (came available today due to change in someone's order)

Thanks to all who ordered. I hope to ship before Thanksgiving when I go to my first cache event:

:laughing:

Bash & Splash at Kailua Bay - 2006 by Go JayBee (Hawaii)
:laughing:

Was trying to get shipping date from mint today, but no luck. I should hear Monday. I am putting everything together to be ready to ship (packaging, labels and such). When they come in I will turn them next day to North American and 2-3 days Worldwide.

Work and vacation may get in the way. I will only be in town two days the rest of the month. I'll keep you posted. The good news is I get to cache in two more states by then (CA and HI).

Was trying to get shipping date from mint today, but no luck. I should hear Monday. I am putting everything together to be ready to ship (packaging, labels and such). When they come in I will turn them next day to North American and 2-3 days Worldwide.

Work and vacation may get in the way. I will only be in town two days the rest of the month. I'll keep you posted. The good news is I get to cache in two more states by then (CA and HI).

Ok, now my math may be a little frozen here in the almost great white north, but haven't heard whether you heard back from the minter last Monday.

Have you posted an unodated shipping date yet?

They have arrived!!!

I will separate and organize tonight. I should have them all shipped by weeks end. I will work on trades as well, hopefully shipping those by weeks end also. As for those still wiating for one. I'll get back to you next week, I would be more interested in trades at this point. If you have a list post a link to it here. Will not trade for presonals unless they are your own.

This is my first coin and shipments, if there are any issues please contact me and I will do my best to resolve. Thanks again for your purchase and/or trade.

Edited by Atwell Family

Got everything boxed up, and wouldn't you know it I have the right quantity left for me but not the right metals. When you get your shipment please contact me if your order is incorrect. You will need to specify what is incorrect so I can verify. I will then fix the issue promptly. Your order information by metal is on most of the labels, please compare to the actual metals to verify.

In any case these will all ship tomorrow from Denver.

This includes all trades.

Thanks again.

Edited by Atwell Family

Got everything boxed up, and wouldn't you know it I have the right quantity left for me but not the right metals. When you get your shipment please contact me if your order is incorrect. You will need to specify what is incorrect so I can verify. I will then fix the issue promptly. Your order information by metal is on most of the labels, please compare to the actual metals to verify.

In any case these will all ship tomorrow from Denver.

This includes all trades.

Thanks again.

Uh-oh...what if you can't REMEMBER what you ordered?

:mad:

What? It makes for kinda a "surprise!" when I open the package, ya know?

:D:P:D Well doggone it-such a cool beautiful coin and I missed out altogther.

My thoughts, exactly! How in the heck did we miss this one, with a posting in early October? Early November, I could understand missing it, as I haven't been nearly as watchful of this forum over the past 2-3 weeks. Oh, well! Maybe we'll get lucky to find someone who has an extra that they want to trade to us. This really is a great design :D