Hints from pocket queries?

robcaryh

How do you get the hints into pocket queries results? Can you?

The hints are downloaded with the Pocket Query when you receive it. If you are using GSAK to view the cache page you can click on "Hint" and it will show up if there is a hint.. If you are then downloading to a PDA you can view it there also by just clicking on the word "Hint" in the cache page.

How do you get the hints into pocket queries results? Can you?

Do you mean download the hints directly into your GPS?

Pocket Queries are used mainly by people who are "going paperless". In other words, not printing out the cache pages but downloading the info onto their PDA and taking that with them. The hints therefore can be viewed on their PDA OR on the web page of their PC but not on the GPS. The GPS only shows the co-ordinates and you have to enter those, manually or by downloading from your PC by connecting your GPS to the PC.

The hints therefore can be viewed on their PDA OR on the web page of their PC but not on the GPS. The GPS only shows the co-ordinates and you have to enter those, manually or by downloading from your PC by connecting your GPS to the PC.

Not necessarily - it depends on your GPS. My Explorist 500 stores the hint but only up to a certain character limit (which I don't know off the top of my head.) Just an FYI.

The hints therefore can be viewed on their PDA OR on the web page of their PC but not on the GPS. The GPS only shows the co-ordinates and you have to enter those, manually or by downloading from your PC by connecting your GPS to the PC.

Not necessarily - it depends on your GPS. My Explorist 500 stores the hint but only up to a certain character limit (which I don't know off the top of my head.) Just an FYI.

Ditto this - my eTrex Vista CX stores hints as well (subject to character limit).

The GPS only shows the co-ordinates

No, every GPSr I've ever seen had a modest field for text. You can set up GSAK to put whatever you want into that text field - hints/ difficulty/terrain cache size or type - how much you get depends on the character limit for your GPSr model. My old Merigold had rather short limit, my new eXplorist will get all of the above as long as the cache owner writes a "hint" and not a dissertation.

decrypted or encrypted .... I've really been resisting PQ's and downloading into my GPSr (cause I really like doing things the hard way) but if it will download the decrypted hint I may have to give in

Decrypted (go on, run those PQs, you know you want to :o )