Using Geocaching Symbols on a 60 Series

I have completed the reference guide for setting up geocaching symbols on a Garmin 60 Series. It can be found here.

I have requested that the old thread be closed because new information and updates were being buried deep inside of it. The reference guide will be much easier to compile information in and keep up to date. However, for additional reference, the old thread can be found here.

Edited by ThePropers

hey i was wondering for all your picture on your website...how did you take them? did you take a digital camera and take the shot and crop it out using photoshop program? or is there another way to do it?

here is what i am talking about

60CSx-symbols.jpg

Use the xImage program referenced in the guide, but instead of "Send Images" click the "Get Images" and it will do a screenshot (in .bmp format). From there I just converted it to .jpg format (I used Photoshop, but you could use pretty much anything)

Edited by ThePropers

hey i was wondering for all your picture on your website...how did you take them? did you take a digital camera and take the shot and crop it out using photoshop program? or is there another way to do it?

here is what i am talking about

60CSx-symbols.jpg

Did you include the Microcache icon in your files? Like the person who posted in the other thread, I often like to know which type of cache is close by my route as I often have TB's to share or move along.

Did you include the Microcache icon in your files? Like the person who posted in the other thread, I often like to know which type of cache is close by my route as I often have TB's to share or move along.

The micro cache icon is in the "Symbols - Bonus" folder of the zip file. It contains that icon, plus a couple alternative ones for parking and trailheads.

I haven't written instructions on using them (which I will soon), but for now just rename them to the symbol you want to replace (they must be called Waypoint Symbol XXX.bmp) and then use xImage to upload it to the GPSr.

Depending on the symbol, you may also need to edit the GARMINOTHER.txt to include it. The file is pretty self-explanatory if you open it up in Notepad.

Keep in mind that currently you can't use the last 5 symbols (until Garmin fixes this bug) so if you use the micro cache symbol, you'll have to replace one of the other ones.

Looks like a great write-up.

Any idea if this will work with the Quest 2 GPS? The Quest currently has the treasure chest open and closed icons (although it lacks the geocaching mode), and I'd like to have real geocaching icons.

Jamie

I am not sure. I'd like to put together a compatibility list, so if you'd like to try it and let me know, that would be great. I think it works on all the 60's, the 76's and someone said it worked on their Legend C.

Looks like a great write-up.

Any idea if this will work with the Quest 2 GPS? The Quest currently has the treasure chest open and closed icons (although it lacks the geocaching mode), and I'd like to have real geocaching icons.

Jamie

I am not sure. I'd like to put together a compatibility list, so if you'd like to try it and let me know, that would be great. I think it works on all the 60's, the 76's and someone said it worked on their Legend C.

I would think that it should work on any unit that supports custom icons, so take a look when making a waypoint manually and see if theres a custom group under the waypoint icons.

The Product Compatibility list for Garmins POI Loader includes the Quest 2.

Check here.

ProsperoDK/René

Nice write-up! Though slightly off topic, it might be nice to show an example or refer to another writeup that would explain how to put the Hint in the Notes section.

I wanted to avoid getting too much into GSAK stuff since it's such a big program with 100000 different customizations you could make. If you want the hint though, just put %hint into the Waypoint Description Format field. However, keep in mind longer hints will be truncated, not to mention that it will be super-easy to accidentally see the hint when pulling up the waypoint. Unless of course you're one of those people who use the hint before you ever start looking.

There is also the "help" feature in GSAK will tell you everything you could put in here to customize it yourself....and there's the GSAK support forums.

Edited by ThePropers

Nice write-up! Though slightly off topic, it might be nice to show an example or refer to another writeup that would explain how to put the Hint in the Notes section.

Here's a suggestion based upon what I do.

1. I use the Waypoint methon described here to load ~800 unfound caches in my area. This leaves room for >150 child waypoints for this same data, plus room for waypoints I make while out caching (i.e., myCar, intermediate waypoints, etc.). I use the waypoint info format suggested in ThePropers' instructions.

2. I also like to see caches that I've found before (for reference) as well as hints when I need them. I dump ALL ~2500 caches from my GSAK database as "Custom POI's". I include the HINT in this data using a GSAK macro (holds more "hint" info than regular waypoints). I have modified the std "GarminPOIcsv.txt" macro to suite my taste for format and content.

Mark

Ok, I'm planning to try it. I did get the custom symbols to work with Custom POIs a while back, but then I never played with it anymore. Your instructions make custom symbols available to any POIs on the GPS, correct? Not just waypoints uploaded with POI Loader...

Anyway, I'll go through your instructions with my Quest 2 and try to get back to you as to whether I can get it to work or not. Thanks for the up front legwork.

Jamie

Propers,

I can confirm that the custom symbols work on the Quest 2. Very cool.

I was able to follow your instructions almost to the letter. Only two differences.

For step 8, select all, I had to choose "Waypoint Symbols" from a dropdown. There was another option called "Splash Screen."

Also, I couldn't "Select All." When I did that, the upload didn't work. The Quest 2 shows something like 52 places for custom waypoints, and I guess it got confused that I selected all 52, but was only uploading 24. So, when I selected only waypoints 0-23, the upload worked perfectly. Thank you.

I altered GSAK as suggested, uploaded some caches near my home, and they all popped up on my screen, just as they should. One question/suggestion: Any way to make a custom symbol for micro caches? Although not a different type, I'd like to show different symbols for traditional micros and traditional regular caches. Also, I note that the custom waypoints include one for DNFs, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have GSAK assign a separate waypoint for caches which you have DNFed, which is different from caches I simply haven't yet found (meaning I haven't even looked for them yet).

Once again, thanks for the work in putting the instructions together.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

Propers,

I can confirm that the custom symbols work on the Quest 2. Very cool.

I was able to follow your instructions almost to the letter. Only two differences.

For step 8, select all, I had to choose "Waypoint Symbols" from a dropdown. There was another option called "Splash Screen."

Also, I couldn't "Select All." When I did that, the upload didn't work. The Quest 2 shows something like 52 places for custom waypoints, and I guess it got confused that I selected all 52, but was only uploading 24. So, when I selected only waypoints 0-23, the upload worked perfectly. Thank you.

I altered GSAK as suggested, uploaded some caches near my home, and they all popped up on my screen, just as they should. One question/suggestion: Any way to make a custom symbol for micro caches? Although not a different type, I'd like to show different symbols for traditional micros and traditional regular caches. Also, I note that the custom waypoints include one for DNFs, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have GSAK assign a separate waypoint for caches which you have DNFed, which is different from caches I simply haven't yet found (meaning I haven't even looked for them yet).

Once again, thanks for the work in putting the instructions together.

Jamie

There actually is a micro symbol in the "bonus" folder that's in the .zip file. However, I had to update it tonight because of some display issues, and there's a new file available for download on the site. I've also added a "Bonus Symbol Usage" section to tell you how to use it.

The DNF symbol is there more so you can assign it as you're out in the field, assuming you DNF a cache. In GSAK you can set the status of a cache to "DNF" (by right clicking on it) but I don't know if you can assign a symbol based on that status. Maybe a macro or something, but I'm not that familiar with using macros...

Oh yeah, I also started a compatibility list, and updated that section with using "select all" in the xImage step. Thanks!

Edited by ThePropers

I wanted to avoid getting too much into GSAK stuff since it's such a big program with 100000 different customizations you could make. If you want the hint though, just put %hint into the Waypoint Description Format field. However, keep in mind longer hints will be truncated, not to mention that it will be super-easy to accidentally see the hint when pulling up the waypoint. Unless of course you're one of those people who use the hint before you ever start looking.

There is also the "help" feature in GSAK will tell you everything you could put in here to customize it yourself....and there's the GSAK support forums.

I tried adding the hint but it diddnt come up on the gpsr. where will i find it now?

I tried adding the hint but it diddnt come up on the gpsr. where will i find it now?

It should show up in the Notes field when viewing a waypoint. What does your "Waypoint Description Format" field look like in GSAK? One thought is that perhaps you have other things in front of the %hint that are using up all the available characters on the GPSr.

Edited by ThePropers

Ok got that fixed. I was trying to include too much info.

However there is still space left in the "note" field and the info is incomplete, i think i remember reading somewhere that you can not fill this space at all for some reason.

Thanks

Edited by bulletproofcj7

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=122497&hl=

1) Make any GPX files that you want. The limits is 44 characters for the "name" field and 88 characters for the "notes" field. GSAK works the best as you can customize the data put in each field.

2) Store them in a folder of your choice.

3) Install the Garmin POI loader, http://www.garmin.com/products/poiloader/.

4) Upload the POI file and look for Custom POIs on the unit. They will sort by the filenames of the GPX files.

Just went through the setup on my 60C - worked as described, thanks a great deal to VERY well written instructions. Very nice to have these symbols on the GPSr screen. Saves me looking at the PDA one time anyway.

I take it that the 60C does NOT have the ability to load custom poi's then? Hmmmm, the justification for buying an new X model is growing!

Thanks for the great procedural write-up

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=122497&hl=

1) Make any GPX files that you want. The limits is 44 characters for the "name" field and 88 characters for the "notes" field. GSAK works the best as you can customize the data put in each field.

2) Store them in a folder of your choice.

3) Install the Garmin POI loader, http://www.garmin.com/products/poiloader/.

4) Upload the POI file and look for Custom POIs on the unit. They will sort by the filenames of the GPX files.

I have a macro around here somewhere that will work with POIs and the custom symbols. It was written by another cacher (ProsperoDK) and sent to me.

I can't remember exactly, but I found too many drawbacks with trying to cache with POIs, which is why I've stuck to the waypoints rather than the POIs.

Off the top of my head, the symbols didn't work quite right with the POIs. I believe the symbols didn't display on the list to tell you what type the cache was at a glance, but the deal breaker was that after zooming out more than 800 feet on the map screen, POIs do not display. I tend to use that screen a lot when looking around my current position to try to find groups of caches, and being forced to be zoomed into 800 feet or less was useless to me.

I still use POIs to store my friends/family addresses and I have a POI loaded with all of my "already found" caches, but for general geocaching I've stuck with the waypoints.

Both systems have their pluses and minuses, but for me, the waypoint system won out, despite having less characters available in the name and notes fields. The system in my FAQ above also won out over the unit's built-in Geocaching mode, which I also found less-than-stellar.

I'll try to find that macro though if you're interested. I'm sure it's buried in my email somewhere...

Edited by ThePropers

You can use both. With GPX files, it only takes a seconf to update the files.

I put caches in as waypoints with container size, type, difficulty, etc... in the note. I then make a second copy of them all as POIs. These hold all the hints. There are no downsides to having multiple copies of the same points on the unit.

I also keep a copy of all found caches and a few other things in the POIs.

You can also save POIs to waypoints in the unit, so a POI can quickly beocme a "Geocache" and have the Geocache features.

Off the top of my head, the symbols didn't work quite right with the POIs. I believe the symbols didn't display on the list to tell you what type the cache was at a glance, but the deal breaker was that after zooming out more than 800 feet on the map screen, POIs do not display. I tend to use that screen a lot when looking around my current position to try to find groups of caches, and being forced to be zoomed into 800 feet or less was useless to me.

I'll try to find that macro though if you're interested. I'm sure it's buried in my email somewhere...

I thought that there is a setting that changes when the POI's display and that you can change that setting for your own preferences.

I'd be interested in the macro for GSAK though. I use 3 Custom POI's right now and that sounds like the way to go for my needs.

Edited by dhbaird

I put caches in as waypoints with container size, type, difficulty, etc... in the note. I then make a second copy of them all as POIs. These hold all the hints. There are no downsides to having multiple copies of the same points on the unit.

After I posted that I went outside to mow the grass and realized I should probably do something similar. I wasn't before because I have the hint in cachemate, but that requires digging out my palm. If I had the hint in a POI that I could bring up, it would save me digging my palm. Uhmm...not that I ever need the hint of course.

I already keep my found caches and others in POIs.

I also keep a copy of all found caches and a few other things in the POIs.

You can also save POIs to waypoints in the unit, so a POI can quickly beocme a "Geocache" and have the Geocache features.

I do the same. Since the cache's coordinates are attached to the hint POI, the hint I'm looking for always sorts to the top when I bring up the list. Of course, this may not be true for Puzzles.

I have a macro around here somewhere that will work with POIs and the custom symbols. It was written by another cacher (ProsperoDK) and sent to me.

[edited]

Seeing ThePropers reference to the macro I had written and had mailed a copy of to him, gave me the push to publish it to the GSAK forum for macro's. It can be found here.

ProsperoDK/René

Edited by ProsperoDK

Two things:

1. Got this reply from Garmin today regarding those custom symbols. I'll just hold my breath until they fix it.

1)

Thank you for contacting Garmin. Yes, I've confirmed that waypoint symbol issue with my GPSmap 60CSX unit and I've reported this error to our software designers. I expect to see a software updated correcting this issue soon. Unfortunately I don't have any additional information on the status of this update at this time.

Feel free to contact us again by phone(M-F 8am-5pm CST) or e-mail for any further assistance.

2. I've had several questions regarding using these symbols with geocaching mode. Although it does make it a pain, it is possible in a limited capacity, so I'll be updating my guide with that when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks, but for now, here's a bit of information.
    • Go to your geocaching setup on your GPSr.

• Assign the Traditional/Green Box icon to unfound caches and the found/smilie icon to found caches, rather than the open/closed treasure boxes that it defaults to.

• Now when you use geocaching mode, traditionals will show up, and it functions normally. However, it only works for traditional caches (not multis, mysteries, child waypoints...etc).

• If you then want to do a multi, you can go back into geocaching mode and assing the unfound icon to the multi symbol, and it will now work for multi caches.

Admittedly, it's a pain if you are doing a wide variety of cache types, but it's there if you want it, or if you're in an area where there are all traditionals, it could be handy. One of the pluses of doing this is when you "find" a cache in geocaching mode, it does add an entry to your calendar, if you are interested in that. Personally I'm not that into any of the added functionality of geocaching mode, but I may use it if I plan out a trip where I'm only hitting up traditional caches, which is actually quite often.

[*] I've had several questions regarding using these symbols with geocaching mode. Although it does make it a pain, it is possible in a limited capacity, so I'll be updating my guide with that when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks, but for now, here's a bit of information.

• Go to your geocaching setup on your GPSr.

• Assign the Traditional/Green Box icon to unfound caches and the found/smilie icon to found caches, rather than the open/closed treasure boxes that it defaults to.

• Now when you use geocaching mode, traditionals will show up, and it functions normally. However, it only works for traditional caches (not multis, mysteries, child waypoints...etc).

• If you then want to do a multi, you can go back into geocaching mode and assing the unfound icon to the multi symbol, and it will now work for multi caches.

Admittedly, it's a pain if you are doing a wide variety of cache types, but it's there if you want it, or if you're in an area where there are all traditionals, it could be handy. One of the pluses of doing this is when you "find" a cache in geocaching mode, it does add an entry to your calendar, if you are interested in that. Personally I'm not that into any of the added functionality of geocaching mode, but I may use it if I plan out a trip where I'm only hitting up traditional caches, which is actually quite often.

I set mine up as stated. If a cache is found that requires a different icon I do this: Find waypoint, enter: or select symbol, enter. After the find I call the cache back up and manually change the icon to the smillie or, if DNF, a frownie. This only takes a few seconds after you do it a few times and get use to it.

On a different note. All the symbols work in my Mapsource except the mystery blue ? mark. I have MetroGuide with the latest upgrade. Could be I have done something simply wrong or is anyone else experiencing this. All I get for mystery is a black box. When I look to change it manually the icon isn't in my mapsource symbols even thou it is in the mapsource symbol folder. I can't figure it out. Thanks, I've had a lot of fun using this.

I set mine up as stated. If a cache is found that requires a different icon I do this: Find waypoint, enter: or select symbol, enter. After the find I call the cache back up and manually change the icon to the smillie or, if DNF, a frownie. This only takes a few seconds after you do it a few times and get use to it.

On a different note. All the symbols work in my Mapsource except the mystery blue ? mark. I have MetroGuide with the latest upgrade. Could be I have done something simply wrong or is anyone else experiencing this. All I get for mystery is a black box. When I look to change it manually the icon isn't in my mapsource symbols even thou it is in the mapsource symbol folder. I can't figure it out. Thanks, I've had a lot of fun using this.

That's pretty much what I do. I found that even setting it up that way, you don't have to find nearest "geocaches" as any "waypoints" with the traditional symbol actually use the geocaching mode. I don't really like the geocaching mode though, so I don't really use it.

As for mapsource, I will check that out when I get home next week and post my findings here. I don't have my normal computer with me right now, so it will have to wait until Monday or so.

I added a few things last night.

• Someone informed me that the Vista series required a different naming convention, so I added another folder for the Vista.
  • I added in a short waypoints vs. POI discussion
  • I added in the limited geocaching mode setup section.

I have also received a macro from Cache U Nuts that should automate GSAK so you don't have to set up the custom waypoint mapping by hand. I have put it into the file, but am still testing it. I was having a bit of trouble with the child waypoints while using the macro, but it may have been error on my part. I'll have to look at it when I get back home tonight.

Edited by ThePropers

WOW! Thanks for the great symbols! I have 2 questions. My first question is on step 2, but continues with the rest, through step 4. Rename what file? is the uploading to the GPS through the "my Gamin" folder?What is meant by "depending on the symbol you are using?" I guess that was a multitude of questions, but I have one other question, in the "notes" section, how do you get the cache info displayed?

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!

Purdue

P S This is for a 60CSX

Advanced Symbol Usage

Using the Bonus Symbols included in the file:

The .zip file contains a Symbols - Bonus folder which currently contains a symbol for micros and some alternative symbols to the normal ones. To use these symbols:

Copy the symbol to the appropriate folder (either Symbols - GPSr or Symbols - Mapsource)

Rename the file to the position you want it to display in, using the format for the other files. For example, to use it in position #4 on the GPSr, it must be named "Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp".

Upload it to the GPSr as noted above.

Depending on the symbol you are using, you may need to edit the GARMINOTHER.txt file. To do this, simply open it in Notepad, and edit the appropriate position with a description of the symbol. For example, if you are changing position #4 to be the micro symbol, change this line: "Custom 4 ; Parking" to "Custom 4 ; Micro"

b]

WOW! Thanks for the great symbols! I have 2 questions. My first question is on step 2, but continues with the rest, through step 4. Rename what file? is the uploading to the GPS through the "my Gamin" folder?What is meant by "depending on the symbol you are using?" I guess that was a multitude of questions, but I have one other question, in the "notes" section, how do you get the cache info displayed?

Purdue

P S This is for a 60CSX

Advanced Symbol Usage

The .zip file contains a Symbols - Bonus folder which currently contains a symbol for micros and some alternative symbols to the normal ones. To use these symbols:

Copy the symbol to the appropriate folder (either Symbols - GPSr or Symbols - Mapsource)

Rename the file to the position you want it to display in, using the format for the other files. For example, to use it in position #4 on the GPSr, it must be named "Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp".

Depending on the symbol you are using, you may need to edit the GARMINOTHER.txt file. To do this, simply open it in Notepad, and edit the appropriate position with a description of the symbol. For example, if you are changing position #4 to be the micro symbol, change this line: "Custom 4 ; Parking" to "Custom 4 ; Micro"

b]

If I am understanding you correctly, you are attempting to use one of the custom symbols. I've named them, for instance, Parking (Alternate 1).bmp which is basically a blue version of the normal (green) parking symbol that's in the file.

If you want to use that one rather than the current green parking symbol that's in the file, you will need to rename it from Parking (Alternate 1).bmp to Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp.

Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp is the name of the current green parking symbol, so you have to rename the blue one to take it's place. It has to be called that because the unit will not accept a name like Parking (Alternate 1).bmp

The GarminOther.txt file is what GSAK uses to display a description of the symbols so they show up and can be assigned correctly. Thus if you open it up, you will see that symbol 004 is described as "Parking".

For just using the alternate parking symbol, you won't need to change the GarminOther.txt file because symbol 004 is still parking. However, if you are trying to use the Micro symbol, you will have to replace one of the other symbols. So you might decide to replace the "archived" symbol with the one for micro. In this case, you would want to rename the micro symbol to Waypoint Symbol 018.bmp (the current archived symbol) and then open the GarminOther.txt and change the line that references that symbol from "Archived" to "Micro" so the changes are reflected over in GSAK and it doesn't refer to that symbol as "Archived" anymore.

Keep in mind that if you are doing things such as this, the GSAK macro will not assign the micro correctly, so you will want to do the manual setup that's in the writeup (you only need to do this one time of course). I suppose if you are good with macros, you could edit the one that's included rather than doing the manual setup.

I hope that helps.

Edited by ThePropers

Purdue

P S This is for a 60CSX

Advanced Symbol Usage

b]

If I am understanding you correctly, you are attempting to use one of the custom symbols. I've named them, for instance, Parking (Alternate 1).bmp which is basically a blue version of the normal (green) parking symbol that's in the file.

If you want to use that one rather than the current green parking symbol that's in the file, you will need to rename it from Parking (Alternate 1).bmp to Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp.

Waypoint Symbol 004.bmp is the name of the current green parking symbol, so you have to rename the blue one to take it's place. It has to be called that because the unit will not accept a name like Parking (Alternate 1).bmp

The GarminOther.txt file is what GSAK uses to display a description of the symbols so they show up and can be assigned correctly. Thus if you open it up, you will see that symbol 004 is described as "Parking".

For just using the alternate parking symbol, you won't need to change the GarminOther.txt file because symbol 004 is still parking. However, if you are trying to use the Micro symbol, you will have to replace one of the other symbols. So you might decide to replace the "archived" symbol with the one for micro. In this case, you would want to rename the micro symbol to Waypoint Symbol 018.bmp (the current archived symbol) and then open the GarminOther.txt and change the line that references that symbol from "Archived" to "Micro" so the changes are reflected over in GSAK and it doesn't refer to that symbol as "Archived" anymore.

Keep in mind that if you are doing things such as this, the GSAK macro will not assign the micro correctly, so you will want to do the manual setup that's in the writeup.

I hope that helps.

I think that I got that, thanks! One other question, how do you get the cache info into the "notes" section?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue

I think that I got that, thanks! One other question, how do you get the cache info into the "notes" section?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue

Did you read this? That's how I have it set up anyways...

If you asking just how to get that screen, just go to Find -> Waypoints and select any waypoint.

Yes I did. It appears that for some Caches, the info is there, but for others, it is not. It seems that the ones that do not have the info in the "notes" section have the name there, and some of the names are truncated. Would I be correct in saying that there is no way to fix this as that is part of the official cache name?

Thanks,

Purdue

I have completed the reference guide for setting up geocaching symbols on a Garmin 60 Series. It can be found here.

I have requested that the old thread be closed because new information and updates were being buried deep inside of it. The reference guide will be much easier to compile information in and keep up to date. However, for additional reference, the old thread can be found here.

Hi Propers

i believe you helped me about a year ago to put custom icons in my GPS & Mapsource THANKS...I have a problem now ....I went to the garmin website & upgraded my city select V7 ...I did nothing else & I still have my custom icons in my documents / my garmin / custom waypoints...in the custom waypoints all my icons are in bmp as 001.bmp ....but since my upgrade i have lost my custom icons ....now when i download from GSAK to mapsource all i get are black boxes & no geocaching icons?????

what am I doing wrong

Hi Propers

i believe you helped me about a year ago to put custom icons in my GPS & Mapsource THANKS...I have a problem now ....I went to the garmin website & upgraded my city select V7 ...I did nothing else & I still have my custom icons in my documents / my garmin / custom waypoints...in the custom waypoints all my icons are in bmp as 001.bmp ....but since my upgrade i have lost my custom icons ....now when i download from GSAK to mapsource all i get are black boxes & no geocaching icons?????

what am I doing wrong

I think we were talking about that in another thread. Maybe the new City Select broke something. Honestly, I don't know why that is happening. I see there's a new Mapsource Beta available...maybe you could try downloading that and see if it helps. Sorry that's not much help, but since I don't have City Select, I can't really take a look at it. Maybe someone else can help out.

Cache U Nuts, or any others with more GSAK macro experience/knowledge than I have...now that Garmin has supposedly fixed the issue with the other spots for custom icons, I'd like to be able to use two different icons for the Unknown Type of cache.

One icon for caches that have not been 'solved' and one for those with corrected coordinates. I'm pretty sure the syntax would be something like: If $d_CacheType = "U" .and. XXX

But I'm not seeing anywhere in Help what the command is for corrected coordinates or how to check for the value.

Can anyone suggest a solution or point me in the right direction? :)

Have a look under "Database variables" in the GSAK help.

$d_HasCorrected

Boolean Waypoint has corrected coordinates

$d_LatOriginal

String Original Latitude (before change by corrected coordinates)

$d_Latitude

String Latitude in decimal degrees format

Edited by Red90