Missing TB's an GeoCoins....

TexasGringo

I hate that too. But maybe you can help me...I know two people who have found a geo-coin (including me) that we couldn't find how we log it in. We didn't know if there was a special place we needed to do it.

Thanks

:laughing:

You log it in just like a travel bug

go to the travel bug section on geocaching.com

There is already a thread going on stolen and missing geocoins

Go here

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=145368

I hate that too. But maybe you can help me...I know two people who have found a geo-coin (including me) that we couldn't find how we log it in. We didn't know if there was a special place we needed to do it.

Thanks

:lol:

Go here

thank you so much for all your help but I know how to track a TB I have a geo-coin ya know the round metal thing. I have tried to log it in in the TB log site but it tells me that they number is not activated...I want some one to know that I have their geo-coin but I need help.

thank you so much for all your help but I know how to track a TB I have a geo-coin ya know the round metal thing. I have tried to log it in in the TB log site but it tells me that they number is not activated...I want some one to know that I have their geo-coin but I need help.

When all else fails.........put on your best pirate patch and your sturdy peg-leg!

Become a pirate and heft that yaller gold! Avast! Avast there maties! Avast I say!!!

There are several coin manufacturer's. This site seems to have more then most

http://coincodes.com/

See if you can find your coin there.

edit: stupid spelling error.

Edited by Zombie_Woof

Thanks

Go here

If it hasnt been activated the cacher who left it might have left it for the next person to keep. Do you know who left it?

thank you so much for all your help but I know how to track a TB I have a geo-coin ya know the round metal thing.

For tracking purposes on geocaching.com, geocoins are considered TBs. You log them in and out exactly the same way you do TBs.

I have tried to log it in in the TB log site but it tells me that they number is not activated...I want some one to know that I have their geo-coin but I need help.

Well, if it really is unactivated, maybe someone intended it as a gift/swag for the finder? Here's some things that may help you figure it out:

1. Check to see if the coin has printing anywhere on it that says it's trackable, and/or where it can be tracked.

I've only found a few geocoins, but they all had printing on them somewhere which said "Trackable at geocaching.com".

2. Double-check the tracking number.

I recently found two identical coins in one pouch (didn't realize 'til I got back to the car that I'd picked up more than one). They both had alphabetical tracking codes, and when I went in to log them, one of them kept giving me an error saying it wasn't valid. I finally realized that one of the six letters was actually the number 0 rather than the letter O. :o

Also, if the number says something like PC1111, you need to type in the PC part - that stands for "Personal Geocoin.

3. Read back through the logs for the cache, and see if you can figure out who put it in there. Go to their profile page (you can do that by clicking on their name in the log), and send them a private message asking what their intent was.

Edited by cimawr

If it came up as unactivated IT IS a trackable coin on geocaching.com otherwise it will come up with a note that the number is not a valid number.

Usually this means someone has left the coin for the next finder ,but as a coutesy I would email the coin owner & ask if that was the purpose.You will also need to find where to get the the activation code (listed on various sites).

What coin is this?

3. Read back through the logs for the cache, and see if you can figure out who put it in there. Go to their profile page (you can do that by clicking on their name in the log), and send them a private message asking what their intent was.

Ok, I went and read back through your logs, and it looks like you're talking about the FL goecoin. I see that you didn't actually pick it up - your mother took it out of this cache:

Cache where the FL geocoin is still listed

on September 24, according to her log for that cache. According to her logs, she left it in this cache on September 29, without ever having figured out how to record that she'd taken it out of the original cache. You then picked it up from that cache on October 5.

The Florisa coin IS clearly activated and belongs to This person. I'm not sure what y'all are doing incorrectly, but your mom needs to go the cache listing above and click on the icon for the FL geocoin that's in the "inventory" on the right side of the page.

That should take her to the coin's page. On that page, she needs to do a log of the type "retrieved it from", using the code that's on the coin. If the code is some letters and some numbers, put ALL of them in, not just the numbers.

Once she's done that, the coin should show up in her inventory. If she wants to just transfer it to you, you can either do a log ON THE TB PAGE that says you "grabbed it from" her - that means she gave it to you without dropping it in a cache. Or, she can go back to the cache listing where you meant to transfer it, edit her log, and drop it out of her inventory same as she would any other TB.

You then need to follow the process of going to the cache's inventory and "retrieving" it from the cache.

Edited by cimawr

Even if it's not the FL geocoin that's coming up as unactivated, obviously y'all still need to take care of logging that one in and out correctly. :o

Oh, and BTW - I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just giving info because it appears that you're both fairly young and new to geocaching - I also noticed that on your last cache, your log says "this cache is really small".

If you go to the cache page, look on the right hand side below "Navigation" and above "Attributes", you'll see a line that says "This is a MICRO cache". Micro means "really small". ;)

Caches come in four sizes:

Nano- REALLY REALLY small (can be as small as a pencil eraser)

Micro - very small, only holds a log, bring your own pencil

Small - will hold small items in addition to the log book

Regular - will hold larger items.

Edited by cimawr