Possible problem/glitch w/ PQ's

AndrewRJ

I just tried to create a new pocket query using the "My Home Coordinates" toggle button instead of a given set of coords. Each time I try this it responds with an error message saying

"You need to choose a point of origin, state or country in your search."

Isn't that what I was doing when I picked my home coords? That sure seems like a point of origin to me. :laughing:

What is going wrong?

Did you try doing both?

If I understand your responce correctly, its a toggle button, selectine one option automaticly deselects the other. I have my home coords entered on my profile page, since that is what the site has been using to tell me my closest finds, unless there is another location to enter that data.

This never worked for me either!

So, what I did was enter the number of the nearest cache, which is only two blocks away. That works.

This is what I have been doing but I saw a more elegant solution so I didn't have to look up my exact coords, I guess it is still a beta function.

I just tried to create a new pocket query using the "My Home Coordinates" toggle button instead of a given set of coords. Each time I try this it responds with an error message saying

"You need to choose a point of origin, state or country in your search."

Isn't that what I was doing when I picked my home coords? That sure seems like a point of origin to me. :rolleyes:

What is going wrong?

This does not work for me either. Even though my home coord's are in my profile. So as a bypass for this I just use my Zip code. Works well for me since I live out in the country and not many caches here in my little town.

I think I would love the new feature (especially since I'm one of the ones that requested it), but it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure when it was added, but I've tried it and the page just doesn't see to recognize that its selected. So, I can confirm it doesn't work for me either. Just to make sure they were set correctly, I even went back and set my home coord's again.

Hope it can get fixed soon.

I think I would love the new feature (especially since I'm one of the ones that requested it), but it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure when it was added, but I've tried it and the page just doesn't see to recognize that its selected. So, I can confirm it doesn't work for me either. Just to make sure they were set correctly, I even went back and set my home coord's again.

Hope it can get fixed soon.

What ever they did when they added the "From Home Coordinates" option, they messed up the ORDER of how the pocket query is delivered. It used to be delivered by the ORDER OPTION selected, but ever since the Home Coordinates option was added, the ORDER is delivered by WAYPOINT NAME regardless of which option is selected. Hasn't anybody else noticed this problem, and hasn't it more difficult for you to use the query? I now have to use the "find" feature to locate those Geocaches that are near the zip code that I selected whereas that is the way they used to be delivered in the query.

Verified. I'll get this fixed in Wednesday's patch. Thanks!

I also thankyou Jeremy.....I hope you get the options to work properly and return the pocket queries to be delivered in the ORDER of DISTANCE FROM ORIGIN selected. Thanks again for taking the time to verify the problem and to hopefully correct the glitch.