The BIG Freeze

TMM-Sarah

Are you able to supply any info on the Saturday part of the event for day visitors yet i.e. pub, time and location. This was mentioned on the event page. I have tried emailing you (the The Morgan Mob) but have had no replies yet, email problem?

Their is a large pub near the campsite, can't remember its name, but if you need any info on it I will get my parents to get them for me.

:anibad:

Hi Everyone, Gareth here.

Sorry that we have not been very responsive but we are having a few problems in getting hold of the campsite, I can only get through to the central helpdesk and they will not give me the number for the campsite, it is ex-directory.

There comment was "If you want to have a chat with the manager of the site then you should pop in and see him!"

I have sent a fax asking them to call but as yet they have not called back.

We are currently looking at organising a pub for the day event, but we will keep you all posted as soon as we know any definite answers.

Sorry for the confusion caused, please bear with us just a little while longer.

Gareth

;)

I've been talked into attending in the hopefully not too freezing cold! Just need to get hold of the site to book now. Does anybody know of any shops still selling disposable bbq's at this time of year? If we can't find one we may have to try and borrow a corner of somebody elses if that's OK.

At least we'll once again have a proper sized tent for the event but unfortnately that means I can't use the size of the tent as an excuse for crawling / staggering into it late at night!:rolleyes:;)

... bearing in mind this is October, and we can't guarentee the weather....

Our receipt and booking confirmation states '1 Qty - Sunshine - 3 nights'.

(Would obviously prefer sunshine during the daytime but at least I'll be able to find my glass/ :anicute: bottle of wine).

:anicute::ph34r::huh:

Debbie

In October - I'll settle for sunshine anywhere I can get it.

Ian

After speaking to the campsite today, it has been confirmed that day visitors are permitted on the campsite. A decision will be made this evening (when Gareth and I can actually get together) on times etc. It is known that day visitors will need to be off site by 10pm to respect the peace of other campers though.

It was our intention all along to hold the day part at the campsite if at all possible cos we understand that most of the cachers camping will be wanting to cache throughout the day.

Keep an eye out for the adjustments to the cache page this evening.

Many thanks for your patience

Sarah

xx

I've got a feeling the campsite owners are right about the sunshine ... I just did a 10 day forecast on the area and it's showing that on Friday there is only a 10% chance of precipitation .... that's pretty good for October. Will wait with interest to see what is forecast tomorrow for the Saturday. :D It's peeing it down in Berkshire right now! :D

Think I can put up with a bit of rain, just no gales pleeeezzzzeeee :):)B)

I've got a feeling the campsite owners are right about the sunshine ... I just did a 10 day forecast on the area and it's showing that on Friday there is only a 10% chance of precipitation .... that's pretty good for October. Will wait with interest to see what is forecast tomorrow for the Saturday. :D It's peeing it down in Berkshire right now! :D

Think I can put up with a bit of rain, just no gales pleeeezzzzeeee :)B)B)

We'd second that one as we'll be sporting our new replacement tent for the weekend and wouldn't want that to go the same way as the last one! B):)

Is there anyone who has booked to go to the Big freeze, booked a Premium Pitch that will not be using the Electric Hookup?

We have tried to book a pitch today, and there are non with hook up left. There are ordinary pitches, and we would be happy to swap with ANYONE that can do so. Of course, we'll pay you any difference in the site fees!

Pretty pretty please??????

HazelS, Pengy and Tigger

Is there anyone who has booked to go to the Big freeze, booked a Premium Pitch that will not be using the Electric Hookup?

We have tried to book a pitch today, and there are non with hook up left. There are ordinary pitches, and we would be happy to swap with ANYONE that can do so. Of course, we'll pay you any difference in the site fees!

Pretty pretty please??????

HazelS, Pengy and Tigger

This might be a double post - but we're desperate!!!!!!

Wahey! Can't wait to get down to the The Big Freeze Flood!

• Friday - light showers
  • Saturday - light showers
  • Sunday - heavy rain

Luvverly :laughing:

Hmm yes it might be the big flood not the big freeze :o

Where is Norah when you need him?

See ya all there, could someone bring some boats?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gary and Margaret

I know the pub idea hasn't been mentioned on the cache page, but I am wondering if there is anyone local enough to suss out a fall back position in case it is persisting down?

Nearest ,as the crow flies ,is The Rising Sun near Wootton SZ 242 986

They serve food .

correcting my su to sz

Edited by t.a.folk

BIG thanks to Sarah and Garf fof r organising this one...

This is definitely the furthest I've been for an event, and it was worth the 4.5 hour journey!!

The funniest moment was whilst we were stood in Sainsburys in our full Halloween costumes and the lady on the kiosk asking if we were going to a party - I replied with a puzzled look on my face.... NO!!