Wierdest thing you have ever found in a cache

thehelmz

I *think* the thing is called a "speculum?" You'd have to ask a female or a female doctor to be sure, LOL. No idea what the guy had it for, but I wanted to make a TB out of it in the worst way. The possibilities for "goals/missions" would be endless! :ph34r::laughing::rolleyes:<_<

same question as before: used or unused? :huh:

Edited by terrible2u

I *think* the thing is called a "speculum?" You'd have to ask a female or a female doctor to be sure, LOL. No idea what the guy had it for, but I wanted to make a TB out of it in the worst way. The possibilities for "goals/missions" would be endless! :unsure::P:P:blink:

same question as before: used or unused? <_<

Well, I didn't exactly sniff it... :lol:

We found a loose razor blade in a cache once. Fortunately I dump the contents on the ground when I look at swag instead of reaching in the container.

Yah that's a very good idea. I will remember that for future caches - you never know what could be in there! :)

X's 2. I guess that I have a new way to view the contentes of a cache, thanks for the tip.

Well my find isn't exactly weird. however i would like to thank the person who left it. It was a JCPenney Gift Card that had 50 bucks on it. And it wasn't even a FTF prize.

We found a loose razor blade in a cache once. Fortunately I dump the contents on the ground when I look at swag instead of reaching in the container.

Yah that's a very good idea. I will remember that for future caches - you never know what could be in there! :)

X's 2. I guess that I have a new way to view the contentes of a cache, thanks for the tip.

Well my find isn't exactly weird. however i would like to thank the person who left it. It was a JCPenney Gift Card that had 50 bucks on it. And it wasn't even a FTF prize.

I found a dildo and a large turd both with in a foot of GCNPT4

Found a turtle in a cache, hopefully placed by a muggle, since the last log had been 2 days before, and they hadn't mentioned it. Released him, and off he, umm, ran...kinda.

I found a "personal pleasure device for women" (hot pink) very close to a cache I visited today. Its presence at that location was highly odd ... on limestone boulders on a steep canal bank in the middle of the Everglades.

I can only assume it was left there as trash ... I cannot conceive of a situation in which it would be used as intended at that location (except by a masochist or a thrill seeker ... or both).

:laughing: I heard there was feces found in a cache up in Lynnwood. I thankfully Never saw it personally! the whole thing would be disgusting to come upon!

I think that's some kind of childish prank I've heard about. I think it's called 'geodumping' or some such. Punk kids will take a crap in a geocache, etc, etc. Like seriously... get a hobby, dadgum kids. And not this one either... get a different hobby. Preferably one that keeps you out of public.

I was checking one of my own caches and found a used brillo pad. I took it out and threw it in a trash can. When I made a maintenance log I noted the brillo pad and ended with "... what is up with that?" The person that put the brillo pad in the cache emailed me and took offense with my offhand comment. He thought that it was a unique trade item and didn't see anything at all unusual about that.

Edited by yogiabb

Stage one in a multi, found a bag of doggy treats sitting in a tree, stage two, found adult reading material of the rainbow kind for men, 7 feet up in a tree...double wrapped, unopened, with a receipt. After laughing over that, I looked down only to find bondage ropes....used. Stage 3 of the same multi...A HUGE crayfish, big as my hand, in the middle of a field. 2 caches later, we found a used sock, and rolling papers in the cache. It was a LONG day!

Edited by The Herd

What's the problem with unopened condoms? Strange item to trade, but they don't bite. You should know where 'some' people wear them! To eliminate the 'but my kid could see it'- argument: A condom (or it's packaging) will not do any damage to your kid's eyes. It will not cause brain damage. I reckon seeing a Britney Spears video is more damaging to your kid than the sight of an unopend condom wrapper.

If you want your children to be safe from these 'harmful' parafenalea in cache containers, don't take them geocaching. The point of the game is finding boxes wherein strangers trade stuff. These boxes are without supervision, out in the open. Doesn't sound like a child-safe game to me...

I *think* the thing is called a "speculum?" You'd have to ask a female or a female doctor to be sure, LOL. No idea what the guy had it for, but I wanted to make a TB out of it in the worst way. The possibilities for "goals/missions" would be endless! :huh::(:smile::D

MALE doctors use those too... :)

Last weekend while caching on a frozen island beach in Escanaba, Michigan we found a pair of jeans with thermal underwear still in them as though they had been removed at the same time. Next to them was a pair of underwear and socks. We are assuming from the thermals that the clothing was removed and left in the winter time. All of the clothes were wet. The walk back to the car was .33 miles. The question is: How did the guy get back to his car wearing nothing but his boots, shirt and coat in the snow? (Couldn't be suicide because the lake was frozen.) :smile:

Does that count as weird? :huh:

Last weekend while caching on a frozen island beach in Escanaba, Michigan we found a pair of jeans with thermal underwear still in them as though they had been removed at the same time. Next to them was a pair of underwear and socks. We are assuming from the thermals that the clothing was removed and left in the winter time. All of the clothes were wet. The walk back to the car was .33 miles. The question is: How did the guy get back to his car wearing nothing but his boots, shirt and coat in the snow? (Couldn't be suicide because the lake was frozen.) :(

Does that count as weird? :)

Actually it's a survival technique. Wet clothes wick heat away from your body faster than just naked skin. The user must have fallen in the ice, got to shore, taken off his pants, then ran like h*ll to a warm place.

Not something I found IN a cache . . .

One of my caches is in a small park. I had stopped by on a maintenance visit to add a log. As I was leaving the parking lot I noticed a small gray box off one edge of the lot. Not remembering seeing it before and being a curios sort, I pulled over to check it out. Turned out to be a plastic file box, the kind of box you put hanging files in, with a hinged lid. Opened it up to find a bed of sawdust, a plastic Easter Egg, a bowl of water . . . and a dead baby bunny.

The only thing I could think of was that someone had received an unwanted Easter Bunny and was hoping it would be adopted if they left it in a public place. Probably sat out in the sun a day or two too long . . .

JohnTee

Ah, gift cards, they rock! I have found them in the secure trash at work I go through to toss out, and then I call the number on the back, or website search, for the balance. I have found alot of money this way.

I think I read somewhere that the amount of gift cards that NEVER get used is 3 billion a year-a great money maker for any company. Great finds for Colorado Cacher.