Tossing out an idea

UOTrackers

I'm always trying to come up with neat and unique coin ideas. Most of the time, no, not most of the time, all the time I can't afford to make them so I occasionally toss them out to see if they are worthwhile and let someone else have at it. So here's an idea that just popped into my head. I'd say if you plan to use it, claim it in this thread so 5 of them don't come out at once :D

I have NEVER seen the movie, but I have seen several caches with the title in the cache name...why not a Da Vinci code coin? Again, never saw the movie, haven't read the book don't know much about it but it has a code right? So maybe? I dunno, maybe I'm just sleep deprived and going crazy...have fun!

I have been working with two cachers for the last 3 months on a project like this. These cachers have made several complex caches before. It is a code coin for those who wish to add a different element to their cache placements. The engineering of the coin was a little tough to work out for good feasibility for manufacturing, but that part is done. We have also completed the instructions for how to use it. I have a couple of design fixes to make, and then it will go into production for test samples. The coin will be made out of 8 to 9 pieces. They will come out in 2007.

I have been working with two cachers for the last 3 months on a project like this. These cachers have made several complex caches before. It is a code coin for those who wish to add a different element to their cache placements. The engineering of the coin was a little tough to work out for good feasibility for manufacturing, but that part is done. We have also completed the instructions for how to use it. I have a couple of design fixes to make, and then it will go into production for test samples. The coin will be made out of 8 to 9 pieces. They will come out in 2007.

That sounds very cool! I guess I'm not crazy after all!

You are not crazy at all. I was hoping to have this coin completed and ready for November sales, but the complexity of the design has required a lot of thinking and development time to ensure many angles are covered. I have wanted to make a code coin for quite a while, but it wasn’t until two cachers contacted me for other projects that we had then started to bump heads together.

That doesn't have much to do with geocaching.

Solving a puzzle, breaking a code? What's not geocaching about that?! Ever heard of a Mystery cache?

That's still a wide swing from geocaching. Wasn't aware we could do coins of books or movies, isn't that commercial. How about pulling it back into geocaching a little more with something like:

The DiVinci Cache Code

Solving a puzzle, breaking a code? What's not geocaching about that?! Ever heard of a Mystery cache?

That's still a wide swing from geocaching. Wasn't aware we could do coins of books or movies, isn't that commercial. How about pulling it back into geocaching a little more with something like:

The DiVinci Cache Code

Well like I said originally I have never seen the movie nor rad the book, also I have no idea what it's about. BUT shortly after the big craze I did see several caches with the name in their title, so I figured it must be something you can adapt to caching. Most codes used in caches came form somewhere, books, movies, TV, unless you make up the code yourself! I just thought it was an idea worth sharing that's all.

YES!!!! Can't wait!!

The DiVinci Cache Code

Well like I said originally I have never seen the movie nor rad the book, also I have no idea what it's about. BUT shortly after the big craze I did see several caches with the name in their title, so I figured it must be something you can adapt to caching. Most codes used in caches came form somewhere, books, movies, TV, unless you make up the code yourself! I just thought it was an idea worth sharing that's all.

Yes, it's good to share the ideas. :laughing: Go Ducks! 96'