posting an event

lathama

I thought that to post an event, you had to give atleast 2 weeks notice.

Why is that an event has come online not 24hrs ago to take place on Sunday. Also the cache page reads that it will take place on Saturday 8th October. the 8th is a Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Is everyone ok with this - or should we atleast try and uphold the guidelines on placing caches?

To avoid confusion and angst, I'll explain my mistake. It was a case of my hitting the wrong button and instead of putting it on hold so I could discuss certain issues with my colleagues and the owner, I accidentally published it. By the time my mistake had been pointed out to me the event had been live for a extended period, I used my discretion and decided not to retract it.

Deceangi

To add to Deceangi's gracious reply, as I understand it, this event was put together to coincide with a worldwide "celebration" of Earthcaches and all things Geological. It was one of several similar events around the world. As such it HAD to go ahead on this particular day despite it being well within the normal "closed" period.

Despite the "Button being pushed" too early, the 3 of us reached this consensus after the event and so it would have been published anyway.

It is very much a one off and shouldn't be seen as setting a precedent.

Just one observation, the listing says "Saturday, 8 October 2006", but unless I am completely confused the 8th is a Sunday.

On the point of the late listing. We should try and publish events as soon as possible, but when this does not happen then perhaps we should be a little more forgiving. I don't think we should not be listing cache events because they could not be listed earlier.

Hmm if it's Sunday that means my alter ego could get a FOGOF [Find One Get One Free] on it as its only 20 miles from home :cry:

I thought I wouldn't be attending as it was on Saturday and I'll be miles away, going after a Lazy cache :P or 2 ,the OH and my Mother allowing :cry:

Denbighshire County Councils Countryside Service are pro caching so it would nice to see a good turn out, in a show of support for over that.

And as a bonus you get to bend my ear over my mistake :P