Magic 8 Ball Geocoin

BigMahma

I bought one at about 7:15am - so they had been listed. I noticed that they aren't any longer. I think that does mean they are sold out.

Unreal.

Email said between 8 and 9AM... sigh

Well at least this time Aaron isn't selling them on ebay for 50 dollars each.

:laughing:

Edited by BigMahma

Bummer - I saw one at the NCGEO Fall fling and though it was a cool coin. If C&P is out there listening, it sounds like y'all could do larger editions of general interest coins - or restrike them.

The early bird gets the worm. Don't make more. It will ruin the value of the coin. If they did larger editions they would not be in such high demand. If moun10bike minted 1000's of coins to meet demand the coin would no longer be valued as it is now. Lets not turn this in to a bash C&P again thread!

I ordered one and will trade mine for a Moun10bike coin

SlabyFam

Bummer - I saw one at the NCGEO Fall fling and though it was a cool coin. If C&P is out there listening, it sounds like y'all could do larger editions of general interest coins - or restrike them.

The early bird gets the worm. Don't make more. It will ruin the value of the coin. If they did larger editions they would not be in such high demand. If moun10bike minted 1000's of coins to meet demand the coin would no longer be valued as it is now. Lets not turn this in to a bash C&P again thread!

SlabyFam

So you want to trade a 9 dollar geocoin for a 500+ dollar geocoin?

Some of us don't buy geocoins to make money from - we buy them to put em in Caches.

Unreal.

:D

And again it shall be reiterated on these forums, that sellers set the opening prices, and it is the BIDDERS who jack up the price. Do you find it more acceptable to allow OTHERS who have ordered dozens of these coins to be the first to make LOADS of money on eBay instead?

Last time I checked, this is a free-market economy. A business puts the time and effort into providing a product to satisfy a demand, and they're criticized for using their own product to make a buck? That's just plain asinine to even criticize that.

This boils down to the fact that Aaron can't win with some people on this forum, and that's a dadgum shame.

Unreal.

:D

And again it shall be reiterated on these forums, that sellers set the opening prices, and it is the BIDDERS who jack up the price. Do you find it more acceptable to allow OTHERS who have ordered dozens of these coins to be the first to make LOADS of money on eBay instead?

Last time I checked, this is a free-market economy. A business puts the time and effort into providing a product to satisfy a demand, and they're criticized for using their own product to make a buck? That's just plain asinine to even criticize that.

This boils down to the fact that Aaron can't win with some people on this forum, and that's a dadgum shame.

Nice Website. If he wants to 'make a buck' - raise the price of his coin by 1 dollar.

Don't let the sorry sap who can't refresh his screen within the 30 minutes of sellout buy it off ebay.

In fact - this type of thing ENCOURAGES people to buy 20 coins and sell them for profit...

And no - I do not think it's very ethical for OTHERS to do it either. We are supposed to be a community...

Not a bunch of brigands trying to make the fastest buck off each other.

I just stated that I'm glad Aaron didn't participate in this type of thing this time. Holding back coins to sell on bay after creating a demand... I was complementing him.. +1 for Aaron.

*edited for spelling*

Edited by BigMahma

SlabyFam

Some of us don't buy geocoins to make money from - we buy them to put em in Caches.

I have never sold a coin on e-bay and do not plan to

But thanks for your input :D

I did that to show a comparison

DO you think that he paid $500 for each of his coins?

Come on. .. :D

SlabyFam

That's not what I ment - I've heard of Moun10Bike Geocoins selling for over 500 bucks.

SlabyFam

That's not what I ment - I've heard of Moun10Bike Geocoins selling for over 500 bucks.

Again we are back at supply and demand! When the demand out weighs supply the price goes up! Its simple

Lets get back on subject

I can't wait for my magic 8ball coin

Again we are back at supply and demand! When the demand out weighs supply the price goes up! Its simple

Lets get back on subject

I can't wait for my magic 8ball coin

LoL - Me niether.

I ordered a Tour De France coin and NC coin as well. I love Micro geocoins - wish there were more.

Edited by BigMahma

I just stated that I'm glad Aaron didn't participate in this type of thing this time. Holding back coins to sell on bay after creating a demand... I was complementing him.. +1 for Aaron.

Thanks for clarifying, and I apologize for any misunderstandings. It's just that I've watched far too many of my own designs make others more money than I did in the process of designing and distributing them. Call me naive, but seeing all that profit roll into others pockets eventually makes you want to change your approach out of common sense. That's why I defend Aaron's actions, and think he should feel no reserve in putting his new releases on eBay at the same time he's selling them on his site. He's a business, but he's a business that gives a crap and is often taken advantage of. For any coin producer to allow another person...in some cases, full-blown BUSINESS...to profit from their product is simply being too nice. But that's how he is, and he still gets criticism. That boggles me.

Look, it's just been extremely difficult to please everyone regarding these recent coins. It's impossible to judge how popular a coin is going to be, so there could never be a conscious effort to "hold back" coins to create a demand. That accusation just isn't right, and I defend that adamantly. Nobody can afford to get "stuck" with coins that don't sell, so most producers are sticking to GC's minimums to be safe. If that isn't enough, then you've got something great on your hands and should be thankful.

I'm honestly overwhelmed with the positive response the Magic Geocoin is getting because it was my idea and design, so I'll take the demand as a complement and hope everyone likes them.

I'm honestly overwhelmed with the positive response the Magic Geocoin is getting because it was my idea and design, so I'll take the demand as a complement and hope everyone likes them.

It's an awesome design and one that takes many of us back to hours spent as children with the toy. I'm very disappointed the coin sold out so quickly and I wasn't able to get one. Is there any chance of a reorder?

Cool design yime!

Perhaps people need to remember that coin companies (not just, but including coinsandpins) are businesses, they are here to make a profit, as any good business wants to do, they are not "part of the community" trying to make sure everyone gets their fair share of the coins(seeing prices on some recent personal coins I think that whole community thing is kinda funny myself).

Reinforcing what Yime said with the ebay issue, Aaron was not the one who put the coin up there at $50 or even $30, that was all the consumers doing. I just don't get it, the new ipod or cabbage patch doll (or whatever new toy/gadget) comes out, they sell out immediately, show up on ebay for ridiculous prices and people either buy them or they don't, I don't hear people crying about that, it's supply and demand, a fact of commerce. It's not a matter of life and death, it's not the cure for cancer, it's a coin.