Coin Cost Spreadsheet/Database

Hula Bum

Before I go spending countless hours sifting through threads I was wondering if anyone has a list of all the coins sold on here, how many were/are being minted and their cost.

:laughing:

Like most everything.... it depends. You can get 250 coins with fairly generic features, with icon, tracking, etc for about $1200. If you get fancy with epoxy, cutouts, large size, etc, etc, it can run $4,000 and up.

The best advice is to figure out what you want and get a couple of minters like The cachingplace, Coins and Pins, to give you a quote. Saves a lot of frustration. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Thanks, maybe I need to clarify. I'm not looking for how much it costs to mint a coin, but how much they were for sale for.

Again it depends. If you can buy coins in prepurchase and there are very few minted you can get a bunch. Example buy for 7.50 sell for anything from 9.99 to $50. It will depend if anyone else wants it. Go watch the auction pages for a couple of weeks. If you can find a definitive answer then good luck.

:unsure:

Wow, that is a big undertaking. Would be interesting and would certainly show trends. As you might have guessed, I did not attempt it. :laughing:

There are quite a few coins out there that were never made available for sale. I believe there was someone posting a similar topic here stating they were wanting to compile a listing that would be similar to a kelley bluebook. Considering most prices would be based on ebay sales, I think it would be difficult to track.

You might want to consider setting up a webpage listing similar to the monster list, and have people post the price they paid for the coins in their collection. Making it a group effort might cut down on the amount of time it takes to put the list together. I'd be more than happy to dig through a few of my old receipts to find the prices I paid.

The listing would probably want to include the prices originally paid, and the lowest and highest ebay prices. With the ebay prices, you could include coins that were never originally offered for sale. Some coins will probably never see a dollar amount, others will have some really high ebay prices.

Not looking for what it costs to make, not looking for what they're going for on ebay now..........

Trying to find a list of the ORIGINAL sale price. Anybody?

I would think your best bet would be to contact one of the coin groups, it's possible some of them would have this information. Of course some of the older coin records may have been purged from the database or archived.

Not looking for what it costs to make, not looking for what they're going for on ebay now..........

Trying to find a list of the ORIGINAL sale price. Anybody?

I can not figure out why you would care what the original price a coin had a year ago. It is hard enough to keep track of the coins themselves. Are you trying to develop a "Blue Book" of values?

:unsure:

Edited by txoilgas

All I can do is start you off...

New Jersey coins were $5.99

My Avroair personals were $5.00

My Avroair version 2 were $6.50

All my non-trackable event coins were $5.00 each

All my trackable event coins have been sold for $8.00 each

As the prices escalated and the metal cost more, I stopped doing coins from October 2005 - May 2006

Hope this helps in some small way.

That's a good idea TMOCM, thanks!

Great idea, but one problem. Many times the coins groups got deals due to the quantity of coins ordered. So not sure how accurate that would be.

But the record for each coin edition should have the original list pric of the coin and then the purchase price the club paid. The only problem I see is with some of the coins sold the last few months, there are a number of coin prices that include the shipping.

Edited by TMOCM

I am glad that I aint the only one that has thought of this.

I have a spreadsheet with the coins I have purchased

included is the number minted, my cost, ebay average, and the difference.

If you go to the advanced search on ebay, you can look at the completed auctions and get an idea of the prices they are going for.

I didn't buy through an clubs, so my numbers should be right on. I've kinda got my plate full for the next couple of days, but I might be able to pull some old paypal reciepts this weekend. I should have quite a few to get this going.

Hmmm... I think all the old threads are still here. You just have to start sifting through them all. I was able to go back a verify my coin prices.

There are fields in my database to capture this info. I started to capture the original coin price, shipping, coin's web site, link to forum web site, etc. Believe me it was a full time job and I got burned out on it. Some coins are sold on cointracking.com, geocoincollection.com, and the geocoinstore.com and the only way to ge the original price is before it sells out. Needless to say, if you don't check daily you may miss the price.

If you are looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll see if I have it in my database.

.....Anthus

I had two coins.

Antique Gold sold (is selling) for $7.14

Antique Silver was not sold

Also, I'm assuming that you are talking only about the price of the coin and not about shipping/handling costs, which vary quite a bit.

I'd be willing to help put this list together. Since there are so many coins out there, maybe the ones that aren't quickly found could be divided up some way for people to research.

Also, the quantity made would be nice to know, but I know that some people don't want that information to be public.

Edited by geodiamond

GeoLuau 2 $ 6.00

Geoluau 3 $ 6.00

Spring Fling 06 $ 6.00

Spring Fling 07

Vampires $ 6.00 At the event $7.00 After

GeoBoo

Hides and Finds

Film Canister $ 7.50

Stump $ 7.50

Altoids Tin $ 8.00

Stick Pile $ 9.00

Bison Tube $ 5.25

Rock Pile

Hazards of Caching

Cornerstone 3 $ 7.50

Go JayBee $ 7.50

PassingWind

Washington County coins

Pierce County $ 8.50

Kitsap County $ 8.50

King County $ 8.50

Grays Harbor $ 8.50

Not to make things more complicated, but some coins were sold with shipping included. Delaware was sold that way at $8. Could have sold them for about $1 less without shipping.

Very true. But, since the shipping was part of the purchase price, it's moot.

I think Hula Bum is looking for what was actually paid in the original issue, not what the price was after adjustments.

Just my opinion.....