Devil Ducky Awards

Team Snorkasaurus

ea3edcb6-205c-4b51-966e-11367a6e4310.jpg

I am creating the various categories that will be awarded to the Devil Ducky Derby Racers and would welcome your feedback and suggestions. Here are the current awards:

- - -

- GRAND PRIX: Awarded to the Ducky with the greatest total miles traveled. This is the ultimate achievement and the most coveted award!

- LAME DUCK: A dubious distinction awarded to the Ducky with the least miles. No self-respecting Ducky ever wants to see this award on their TB page!

- LEAP FROG: Awarded for the greatest distance traveled in a single 'leap'. This award must be earned within two weeks of the TB being found/logged-out of a cache and must be achieved in one move.

- SAY CHEESE!: This is to honor the best photo in which the Devil Ducky in NOT the primary subject. For example a group shot of a happy geo-family finding a Ducky or a beautiful landscape shot. The Devil Ducky need not appear in the photo at all.

- SAY QUACK!: This is to honor the best photo in which the Devil Ducky is clearly the primary subject. For example a close-up of the Ducky overlooking the Grand Canyon.

- TALL TALE: Awarded to the best geo-story of a Ducky adventure.

- BUSY BODY: This is awarded to the Ducky who has met/visited the greatest number of geocachers.

- DEVIL DUCKY SPONSOR AWARD: This is not awarded to the Duckies, but instead to the geocachers who find them. Any cacher who enables a Ducky to achieve any award shall immediately becomes its sponsor. Alternately, you may become a sponsor by moving a Ducky a greater distance than any previous geocacher. If the largest move a Ducky has made is 12miles and you move it 16miles you become its sponsor. This is not a matter of total miles moved, but of how many miles moved by a single cacher. This is also subject to the 'two week' rule, if you hold onto any Ducky for longer than two weeks without informing the TB owner (that's me!) you will be ineligible for Ducky sponsorship; however, reasonable allowances will happily be made for geocachers who inform us in advance that they will need more than the standard two weeks.

- - -

Well???

I am not married to any of the award names yet and welcome suggestions for additional names as well as new award categories. Creative feedback is eagerly awaited! The Devil Duckies will be released soon, we are just waiting for some custom dog-tags to arrive. I hope to have all the award categories finalized before the release...

(Huge THANKS to mshock for some excellent ideas!)

:laughing:

Edited by Team Snorkasaurus
how 'bout:

DUCK SOUP: a picture of a ducky floating

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE: a picture of a ducky with other waterfowl

LUCKY DUCK: a picture of a ducky with a winning lottery ticket

Great suggestions, huge THANKS to The Hermit Crabs!

I think I will combine the first two into a single award. I can't fit "Duck, Duck, Goose" onto the award graphic because it is too long anyway. I think I will make "Lucky Duck" a surprise which can be awarded to any Ducky/geocacher that achieves something special/interesting not already covered by the other categories...

:D