The Herd's 30th Birthday Cache Bash

The Herd

Well, thanks to a few people...who shall remain unnamed...it is no secret that next week is my 30th birthday. What better way to spend the day than CACHING!!! So, there are quite a few caches (mainly ALL OF THEM) in Elkhart that I haven't hit...and still some in Ft. Wayne that I haven't hit. I am still trying to decide where I want to go. So...I place the call out...because, well, Brad is working, and I don't want to spend the day caching alone. Are there any cachers that want to get together on October 9th (the day BEFORE) my birthday, and spend ALL day caching with me? If so, let me know so I can start making plans.

Edited by The Herd

Well, thanks to a few people...who shall remain unnamed...it is no secret that next week is my 30th birthday. What better way to spend the day than CACHING!!! So, there are quite a few caches (mainly ALL OF THEM) in Elkhart that I haven't hit...and still some in Ft. Wayne that I haven't hit. I am still trying to decide where I want to go. So...I place the call out...because, well, Brad is working, and I don't want to spend the day caching alone. Are there any cachers that want to get together on October 9th (the day BEFORE) my birthday, and spend ALL day caching with me? If so, let me know so I can start making plans.

I wish I could come help you celebrate your birthday! Mine is on the 8th! However, Elkhart's just a little too far for this weekend.

Have a great day and keep the DNFs to a minimum.

I'm not SET on where I am going caching yet, those are just 2 areas that have some I haven't hit yet...but...if there are other people that want to go, and want to meet up somewhere else I am game...as long as I have unfound caches there!!!

Happy early birthday markz68!

Spankings??? I really shouldn't go there...this IS a public forum...lol. Ok, so you guys are game...any thoughts on where you want to go? I know we didn't have the best of luck in Ft. Wayne...so that's probably not a good place to cache. I mentioned Elkhart, though there are several other places we could go. I plan on leaving early and being gone late...though, you know that is how I like to cache...lol! There is also the possiblity of Lansing like we talked about.

Edited by The Herd

To bad your not going on Sat or Sun or I'd come over. Your only going to be about 35 miles from us. But my Boss expects me to be to work M-F, what a bum! He get's 5 days and I only get 2, who thought up the work week. The worker should at least get 3 days and the Boss get 4, sound more fair to me. Or change the week to 8 days and then we both get 4 days!

Lets all go on strike until we can get the work week changed and get more caching days!

We will HOPEFULLY be caching ALL day and into the evening...so, if someone wants to meet up after work, we could do that, as I KNOW we will still be in the area. If your interested, send Justin (wolverine warriors) an email, as I will be at work the rest of the night. Maybe we could exchange cell phone numbers or something to make it easier.

you forgot to add that we didn't have a single DNF all day!!!

Oh, and that I found WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more of those caches than you did. I believe I had 30, you had 10. Something like that!

Hey Justin, went after my bday cache today. DNFd it, (yes, dnfd my OWN birthday cache...who puts a micro in the woods anyway?) Anyway, on the way out, ran into PairOMedicChick, we went back in together, and she found it. In the same place I had already checked...it was funny. Anyway, BGF beat us both to it.

VERY NEAT HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Herd! And congrats on both DNF'ing and Finding your birthday cache!

They say, "Forty is the new thirty." But y'know what?

Thirty is STILL thirty!

:anicute::ph34r::anicute:

Bret (not forty)

Dear Bret, (so close to forty it sounds more like 41)

You are a bully. There is no nice way to put it...you're just a bully. Someday, when you are REALLY old, you are gonna need some of us friends who are only nice to you because we feel sorry for you. Well, remember that really old saying about a man in a wheelchair getting pushed of the dock? You should remember it, I think it came out around 1968...WOW...that was a LONG time ago. I believe that was the same year they invented electricity. Anyway, just know that when you get older, someone will do the things to you that you do to me, and I will FINALLY get to say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

From,

Amber (not even CLOSE to 39!)

Dear Chris,

Thank you SO much for your VERY nice post. You are always so helpful and nice to other cachers, regardless of their age. You are a great friend, and a really fun person to be around. I am sure you will have lots of friends the rest of your life that REALLY REALLY respect you and value your friendship!

From,

Amber

seriously though, thanks Chris!

Hey Justin, went after my bday cache today. DNFd it, (yes, dnfd my OWN birthday cache...who puts a micro in the woods anyway?) Anyway, on the way out, ran into PairOMedicChick, we went back in together, and she found it. In the same place I had already checked...it was funny. Anyway, BGF beat us both to it.

VERY NEAT HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like PairOMedicChick and I have something in common. We are both ALWAYS finding caches for you so that you don't have to DNF them. B)

Anyway HAPPY B-DAY BRAT!!!! I mean Amber B)

Justin (the finder of more caches on our trip to South Bend) B)

Dear Chris,

Thank you SO much for your VERY nice post. You are always so helpful and nice to other cachers, regardless of their age. You are a great friend, and a really fun person to be around. I am sure you will have lots of friends the rest of your life that REALLY REALLY respect you and value your friendship!

From,

Amber

seriously though, thanks Chris!

The ironic thing is that Chris is 39 as well....what's that "old" saying about sh*ting where you eat? ALL YOU WHO LEARNED HOW TO TYPE ON A TYPWRITER BETTER JUST LEARN TO BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER!! B) See ya'll in 4 years B)

Ok, JUSTIN...we ALL know who found the most caches on the South Bend trip. I did notice your nose was a little longer tonight. Why is that, I wonder?

Heather...Your day will come...sooner than you think. And it will hurt...just like mine did!

Thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday, even the ones that weren't so nice about it!

A BIG thank you also to those that came out to Fire Mountain tonight, and helped me celebrate my birthday. I was truely surprised, and very touched. You all mean the world to me, and tonight reminded me why!

A BIG thank you also to those that came out to Fire Mountain tonight, and helped me celebrate my birthday. I was truely surprised, and very touched. Justin and Mark you mean the world to me, and tonight reminded me why!

:):) That was so sweet of you to say!! You are truely a Lucky lady! Not everybody gets to spend two days with me for their B-Day.

Edited by Wolverine Warriors

A BIG thank you also to those that came out to Fire Mountain tonight, and helped me celebrate my birthday. I was truely surprised, and very touched. Justin and Mark you mean the world to me, and tonight reminded me why!

:unsure::unsure: That was so sweet of you to say!! You are truely a Lucky lady! Not everybody gets to spend two days with me for their B-Day.

Justin,

Your just NOT right!

The ironic thing is that Chris is 39 as well....what's that "old" saying about sh*ting where you eat? ALL YOU WHO LEARNED HOW TO TYPE ON A TYPWRITER BETTER JUST LEARN TO BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER!! ;) See ya'll in 4 years ;)

Really that is only the age on the ID I use to get into bars when I am not geocaching. At least that is what the guy at the Witness Relocaton Office told me to say. :laughing: