Will Navigator V7 work on 60cx

GPS Derek

For the past several years I have had a Garmin StreetPilot III for my car and Motorcycle. I have only used 1 unlock code from my navigator V7. Now getting into Geocaching I got a 60Cx. I was told by the dealer that I would have to upgrade to V8 to get it to work on both.

As I only upgraded last December from v5 to v7 I feel no need to upgrade, I have not found streets missing for my needs (did from v5... that's why I upgraded).

I was told by the Garmin dealer that the 60Cx would work on v8 but not v7.

I prepared the 2 maps for loading that cover most of Ontario Canada that I would use and they look like they would fit on my 64Mb card but I still need to do the unlock.

I do not want to waste my unlock code if it will not work

Question: Will City Navigator V7 work on my 60Cx with a 64MB card?

TIA

Derek

It will work, but you may want to think about getting a larger Micro SD card. the 64 mb one will get you one or 2 states depending on where you live. A 512 or 1 gb will get you a much larger area.

Thank you for the information, 64mb will be fine for now as I'm only using it locally. Maybe a Christmas sale will produce a good deal on a BIG card.

Of to register V7 with Garmin.

Thank you all, City Navigator V7 is now up and running on my 60Cx after the additional unlock.

Oh and Christmas came early yesterday, browsing on Ebay and found a 512 card that I got for $4.25. Not the 1GB or the 2GB but more that I will ever need.

Edited by GPS Derek