Prowling Panther Paw Print Geocoins

Prowler53

prowler53w.jpg

I'm still receiving requests for my "Prowling Panther" Geocoins, However these coins sold out in 3-4 days.

I'm thinking about offering a few different metals to those who would like more coins, or those who missed the coin the first time around.

This Reservation is to see if there is enough interest to have more made. It's not set in stone yet.....but I'm just throwing a hook out to see if anyone bites :) lol.

I won't do any more black nickel (sorry but I sold the original coin in black nickel, and they are gone)

I'm thinking of 3 more metals:

Antique Nickel $8.50

Silver ("LE" Version) $9.50

Gold ("XLE" Version) $12.50 (All Requests have been filled)

Of coarse the "LE" and "XLE" will be smaller runs. Only a handfull of "XLE" version will be sold.

If I get enough requests I'll get them done.

I'll be taking requests over the next week or so. When my Big Cat Series coins are finalized I'll make

a decision on these.

If you would like to request any Prowling Panther coins, please send me an e-mail with the info below.

This info below is important to make things less confusing for me :)

Name:

GC User ID:

Paypal Address:

Shipping Address:

Qty: Antique Nickel

Qty: Silver "LE"

Qty: Gold "LE"

prowler53@comcast.net

Edited by Prowler53

prowler53.jpg

I'm still receiving requests for my "Prowling Panther" Geocoins, However these coins sold out in 3-4 days.

I'm thinking about offering a few different metals to those who would like more coins, or those who missed the coin the first time around.

This Reservation is to see if there is enough interest to have more made. It's not set in stone yet.....but I'm just throwing a hook out to see if anyone bites :rolleyes: lol.

I won't do any more black nickel (sorry but I sold the original coin in black nickel, and they are gone)

I'm thinking of 3 more metals:

Antique Nickel $8.50

Silver ("LE" Version) $9.50

Gold ("XLE" Version) $12.50

Of coarse the "LE" and "XLE" will be smaller runs. Only a handfull of "XLE" version will be sold.

If I get enough requests I'll get them done.

I'll be taking requests over the next week or so. When my Big Cat Series coins are finalized I'll make

a decision on these.

If you would like to request any Prowling Panther coins, please send me an e-mail with the info below.

This info below is important to make things less confusing for me :D

Name:

GC User ID:

Paypal Address:

Shipping Address:

Qty: Antique Nickel

Qty: Silver "LE"

Qty: Gold "LE"

prowler53@comcast.net

Email sent

Thanks

SlabyFam

Greets all, I take no responsibility for that shabby image :D:D the bottom is blurry, and had no idea it would end up here as I planned a retake :rolleyes: Please no use for resales of coins , Coins collector lists are AOK, Glenn

Yes..Glenn insists on doing a re-take of the coin ;) I've not taken a photo of the coin myself so I used a sample image he sent me. He's very picky about his work you know :D Please don't use his photo's for re-sale of any of the coins he's done! Thanks Glenn.

Only taking reservations for 8 more gold "XLE" version. Then they will be finished. Sorry....but I'm only planning on doing 25 of these coins.

20 of them to be sold and the other 5 to be kept by me :rolleyes:

Silver "LE" are still available but will be cut short also depending on the number of requests.

Place your requests early so you don't get cut short.

Check back here for updates :D

Email sent. Hope I had a shot at a getting a gold xle but not a big deal.

This was one fine looking coin. I do not believe that the "limited" silver and gold editions will devalue the first run black knickel coins. I am just glad to have a shot at getting this coin in what ever metal and not having to pay "e-place" prices for it, cause I'd pretty much given up on ever getting one of these.

Thanks Prowler!

:rolleyes:

I am not usually one for all the negative comment & I loved the coin but I personally don't like the fact the LE & XLE are offered after the fact for a second run .I believe that should be rerserved for those that are quick & get in first. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd agree. While I don't buy personal coins, this is a larger issue that has come up before.

When you sell only X amount of coins they are limited and thus hold some trading value. For example, if only 400 were sold, there are a limited amount of people who have this coin and it is somewhat limited by definition.

Now, if you come out with another metal (regardless of the quantity) it devalues the tradability of the first run - except for those few who want every metal of every coin. Doing LE runs of new metals makes it worse.

So, you have two camps:

1) The people who bought before and now may feel like they have something "worth" less

2) The people who missed the earlier sale who will now be happy to get a coin (note, that the ability for people in #1 to trade with people in #2 is now diminished as well)

Food for thought.

I understand what you both are saying. However.....I don't think it will change the value of the 1st coin. Were not talking 500 or more coins here. The first run was 150 black nickel.

I just threw this idea out there because it was mostly the same people who bought the coin the first time around who requested additional metals. There were a dozen or so people who missed it the first time around but most of the requests came from people who already have my first coin.

This may not even happen......depending on the total number of coin requests I receive. It's just throwing a baited hook out there for now. :D

If I get enough requests.....I'll do them. If not.......I won't :rolleyes:

This may not even happen......depending on the total number of coin requests I receive. It's just throwing a baited hook out there for now. :laughing:

If I get enough requests.....I'll do them. If not.......I won't :cool:

In the end, it's your call. Just giving you a POV. Take it for what it's worth. :anitongue:

This may not even happen......depending on the total number of coin requests I receive. It's just throwing a baited hook out there for now. :laughing:

If I get enough requests.....I'll do them. If not.......I won't :cool:

In the end, it's your call. Just giving you a POV. Take it for what it's worth. :anitongue:

Kealia.....I appreciate your POV. Thats one of the reasons I threw this out to everyone :(

I am not usually one for all the negative comment & I loved the coin but I personally don't like the fact the LE & XLE are offered after the fact for a second run .I believe that should be rerserved for those that are quick & get in first. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd agree. While I don't buy personal coins, this is a larger issue that has come up before.

When you sell only X amount of coins they are limited and thus hold some trading value. For example, if only 400 were sold, there are a limited amount of people who have this coin and it is somewhat limited by definition.

Now, if you come out with another metal (regardless of the quantity) it devalues the tradability of the first run - except for those few who want every metal of every coin. Doing LE runs of new metals makes it worse.

So, you have two camps:

1) The people who bought before and now may feel like they have something "worth" less

2) The people who missed the earlier sale who will now be happy to get a coin (note, that the ability for people in #1 to trade with people in #2 is now diminished as well)

Food for thought.

It will devalue the price of the 1st Prowler Geocoins. It should have been disclosed up front before the 1st ones were made and sold that there would be more of the coins made at a later date in other finishes.

But nothing surprises me anymore on this coin as it was not made to specs the first time around and then the seller said if that is a problem then send them back for a refund. That is not customer service. Point was missed that the 1st coin buyers financed the making of a geocoin for the geocacher, waited for several weeks and I quote another buyer of the original coin and I won't name them but you can look back in the forums and find it (posted on Sep 5, 2006 quote: "Yep, this is my longest outstanding order... paid 7/17!!! You should have waited to collect the money. That's too long." end quote) and then the coin came in and was delivered not to specs and then there was a offer for me to return my coins if I didn't like them. After using others money and then saying, "oh well, if you don't like them, send them back and I will refund your money because there are plenty of people that would like to have them."

Seller listed as a coin highlight in the original Prowler53 coin presale, quote: "Coin front will be numbered 001-150" end quote, and that didn't happen.

Seller also stated in his original presale of the Prowler53 Coin, quote: "Only 150 Coins will be minted." end quote. I quess that is down the drain now also.

I don't like making a post like this but I guess I don't approve of "bait, buy and switch" and that is what this coin is. If you promise one thing and deliver another then you have to be willing to take the heat.

As far as the error on my first coin, I think I did the right thing, and 99% of the buyers felt I did the right thing. However, There is a saying that you can't please everyone. I notified the buyers of the error and gave them the option. I knew there would be a couple buyers who were not happy but I went with the majority and offered everyone the option to return the coin. Obviously you have a problem with my first coin Since this is the 2nd time you posted your displeasure in 2 different threads, and I completely understand. But I don't agree with the repeated negative posts about an issue that was settled. The coins were mailed out and there is nothing that can be done except offer a refund to anyone who is not happy. You were also offered a refund so rather than bringing the subject up over and over, just return your coins and I will refund your money.

As for the the additional coins in different metals:

If you read the post you will see that these coins are not set in stone, and I was throwing it out there to get everyones opionions. Taking requests was the only way I could get an honest opionion weather to do them or not.

I understand what whitebear and the others have posted on this thread about the value of the first coins.

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :laughing:

Honestly....I think this this is the right thing to do out of respect to the original buyers of the coin.

As far as the error on my first coin, I think I did the right thing, and 99% of the buyers felt I did the right thing. However, There is a saying that you can't please everyone. I notified the buyers of the error and gave them the option. I knew there would be a couple buyers who were not happy but I went with the majority and offered everyone the option to return the coin. Obviously you have a problem with my first coin Since this is the 2nd time you posted your displeasure in 2 different threads, and I completely understand. But I don't agree with the repeated negative posts about an issue that was settled. The coins were mailed out and there is nothing that can be done except offer a refund to anyone who is not happy. You were also offered a refund so rather than bringing the subject up over and over, just return your coins and I will refund your money.

If you read the post you will see that these coins are not set in stone, and I was throwing it out there to get everyones opionions. Taking requests was the only way I could get an honest opionion weather to do them or not.

I understand what whitebear and the others have posted on this thread about the value of the first coins.

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :unsure:

Honestly....I think this this is the right thing to do out of respect to the original buyers of the coin.

You obviously are missing the point. I paid for something I didn't get and when I get what I paid for and you already have my money for, then I will return the geocoins I didn't order. I only want what you, the seller promised and if you don't come through on your promise then I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions.

Also in your original coin sale like I already posted you said, "Only 150 Coins will be minted." PERIOD Nothing that says oh and later I might make 1 or 250 more. Reads ONLY 150 COINS WILL BE MINTED" If you mint more, then you misrepresented the original coin sale. Only 150 doensn't mean 151.

You need to drop the additional minting of this coin and get on with something else. If you can't take the heat for what you did wrong then get out of the kitchen. :laughing:

Edited by saso792

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :laughing:

I also agree that other metals in the same coin should not be minted as it will kill the value of the coin . I will

tell you that Prowler53 is a good honest guy. If the mint screws up,yes you can send the coin back and wait another 4-6 weeks but who wants to wait! I have this coin & I think its great. If you don't like yours I'll buy them from you!

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :D

You obviously are missing the point. I paid for something I didn't get and when I get what I paid for and you already have my money for, then I will return the geocoins I didn't order. I only want what you, the seller promised and if you don't come through on your promise then I guess everyone can draw their own conclusions.

Also in your original coin sale like I already posted you said, "Only 150 Coins will be minted." PERIOD Nothing that says oh and later I might make 1 or 250 more. Reads ONLY 150 COINS WILL BE MINTED" If you mint more, then you misrepresented the original coin sale. Only 150 doensn't mean 151.

You need to drop the additional minting of this coin and get on with something else. If you can't take the heat for what you did wrong then get out of the kitchen. :D

Lol...I took the heat already! And I did not miss your point at all. What was done is done and I feel I did the right thing.

If you don't like the product you bought, send it back.....get your money back. It's really a simple thing.

I stood behind the coin I had made by offering a refund to anyone who had a problem with the numbers missing from the coin. Just about every e-mail I received from people who bought this coin said the same thing. Quote: "who cares about the numbers! I bought the coin because I liked the way it looked, Not because they were numbered". Quote: "I love your coin....with or without the numbers and I'm happy I bought one"

Quote: "you did the right thing, not many are going to care about a silly number, they care about how the coin looked and the great design". These are only a few things that were said to me via E-mail. Thanks to everyone who bought that coin and had very good things to say :D

I took the heat as far as I'm concerned. Why keep dragging a dead cat around?

If you're going to keep the coins rather than send them back, then you should not be making this kind of post here in the forums. No offense to you or anyone else here, but I feel I did what I could to make the majority of the people happy. I want everyone including yourself to be happy so please send the coins back and I'll pay you back for the coins and the postage both ways. Can I do much more for you?

Since this coin has created so much controvercy, maybe the value of the coin will go up :D Kind of like a misprint on currency! lol.

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :D

I also agree that other metals in the same coin should not be minted as it will kill the value of the coin . I will

tell you that Prowler53 is a good honest guy. If the mint screws up,yes you can send the coin back and wait another 4-6 weeks but who wants to wait! I have this coin & I think its great. If you don't like yours I'll buy them from you!

Thanks Tim....I did what I felt was right and all I get is greif. Thanks for your kind words, and if he sends them back they are yours.

After thinking this whole situation through I understand whats being said about the additional metals.

That's why its not being done. I threw it out there without thinking it through and not taking into concideration the buyers who bought the first coins.

I also agree that other metals in the same coin should not be minted as it will kill the value of the coin...

I've already written a private e-mail to Prowler53 about this whole issue, but I really need to get in one comment to the Geocoin Community. Since when is "value" so important? The value of a geocoin should be the pleasure that the owner gets in seeing the reactions of those who find it in a cache or event. I detest the whole ebay thing as a perversion of the hobby. I am not specifically attacking those who do sell their coins through ebay, but, rather, the whole concept of selling them that way. Yes, there is a distinction there. I make an exception for things like charity auctions. But I really wonder why people are so concerned about how much their geocoins will be worth in a year or five, when the whole point of them is not to be holding onto them at all. We buy geocoins to put them into caches, and occasionally to trade. We keep one of the especially-nice ones for our collection: that's about one coin out of every four or five issues that we buy.

Just my 3.47 cents...

So, you have two camps:

Food for thought.

One other camp!! Those of us that bought the first one,LOVED the quality,& can't wait for another version!LOL!!

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :cry:

BTW,If anyone does return your coins,we would be happy to buy more of the 1st run!!!

I also agree that other metals in the same coin should not be minted as it will kill the value of the coin...

I've already written a private e-mail to Prowler53 about this whole issue, but I really need to get in one comment to the Geocoin Community. Since when is "value" so important? The value of a geocoin should be the pleasure that the owner gets in seeing the reactions of those who find it in a cache or event. I detest the whole ebay thing as a perversion of the hobby. I am not specifically attacking those who do sell their coins through ebay, but, rather, the whole concept of selling them that way. Yes, there is a distinction there. I make an exception for things like charity auctions. But I really wonder why people are so concerned about how much their geocoins will be worth in a year or five, when the whole point of them is not to be holding onto them at all. We buy geocoins to put them into caches, and occasionally to trade. We keep one of the especially-nice ones for our collection: that's about one coin out of every four or five issues that we buy.

Just my 3.47 cents...

More coins made, More out in the caches is the way I see it also. But there are alot of people who do keep the coins for a collection. Personally I don't see a problem with collecting coins because I've started a very small collection myself. However.....I don't look at it from a value standpoint. I started collecting them because I like them. I do understand that some people do look at it from a value stand point and I guess that is all part of collecting just about anything. Thanks for the E-mail Chaosmanor.....It's good to hear other standpoints on this issue and know that I'm not the only one who looks at things that way.

As of now I will not be doing additional metals of this coin....however sometime in the future you may see a different paw print coin that will not take away from the value of the first one. I'll keep everyones requests that I have received for future reference :rolleyes:

BTW,If anyone does return your coins,we would be happy to buy more of the 1st run!!!

Glad you liked them :laughing: