Have I got this right?

AJB3023

So let me see if I have this right. I get myself a Palm or other such hand held. Attach it to my PC or laptop and I can then download cache pages from this site to the palm and no longer have to print anything out, and check whatever I have downloaded to the Palm????

:)-->

QUOTE(Jay B @ Oct 1 2006, 07:00 PM) 2500252[/snapback]

So let me see if I have this right. I get myself a Palm or other such hand held. Attach it to my PC or laptop and I can then download cache pages from this site to the palm and no longer have to print anything out, and check whatever I have downloaded to the Palm????

mmmmm sorta- I use Pocket Queries, GSAK and Cachemate for placing info on my Palm. There are other programs as well.

I don't have a palm. I load all the waypoints from the PQ into GSAK, then export them to the GPSr. Then I take my laptop with me in the truck, and when I am at the cache site, I can see the cache description, hint, and the last 4 logs. Then the GPS already has the coords.

That's how I do it.

Edited: Spellun

Edited by disenchanted

Hi Jay B, welcome to the fun of paperless caching!!! Its almost as simple as you describe except that to fully take advantage of paperless caching you should become a premium member, then you can download pocket queries based on your preferences/location. Then you can use GSAK to download all those caches (up to 500 per PQ) to your GPSr. And finally, you can use Cachemate to load the cache pages, including decrypted hints and the last 5 logs, to a pda. Its so simple!!! There are other programs available to use, but GSAK and Cachemate are the most popular around here and the only ones that I have experience with personally. The Florida Geocaching Association has a great step by step article available on their website, check it out!! Good luck and Happy caching!!

Edited by team5150