[This entry was edited by Cruiserdude on........]

Cryptid

OK, I write a log and post it, then I notice I left the "R" out of Shirt, must my need to correct this be advertised to everyone? Then I go in again and fix it again and then there is another [This entry was edited by Cruiserdude on Yada yada yada] What is the need for this note on the bottom of a log?

And now I see I used Porpose instead of Purpose, And I can't edit that and have Edit note to remind me.. :)

And then there is is at the bottom of a post I edit, look down there, there it is haunting me. Why is it here too? :)

Edited by Cruiserdude

I doubt I can impove upon the last response, but I can add a little more info.

As Lep said, once past the short edit window, you'll get the edit line. If you edit yet again, you'll have two edit lines, and so on. You can, however, manually delete all but one of those edit lines during subsequent edits. You never need to have more than one edit line.

Jamie

...And then there is is at the bottom of a post I edit, look down there, there it is haunting me. Why is it here too? :rolleyes:

Let's say I post a comment that Lep is a big, fat jerk. Lep then blasts me in a following post. I then change my post making it appear that Lep is blasting me for no reason.

The edit note lets people know that my post has been changed.

Ummm, edited to fix a typo.

Edited by sbell111

I also like to know when the moderators have removed something really juicy from the text.

For example, If I state that TheLep is a flaming <<removed by moderator>>, and if someone else then removes the above-referenced profanities, we'll know I'm REALLY in trouble! :D

This post has been edited by Keystone: Oct 4 2006, 4:10 PM

...And then there is is at the bottom of a post I edit, look down there, there it is haunting me. Why is it here too? :D

Let's say I post a comment that Lep is a big, fat jerk. Lep then blasts me in a following post. I then change my post making it appear that Lep is blasting me for no reason. Ten minutes later, I discover that I can no longer post in the Groundspeak Forums.

Well! Thank goodness I have friends who call me when I am being slandered, given that I ignore sbell's posts. By temporarily viewing his one post, I can have the opportunity to defend myself.

I am neither big, nor am I fat.

I also like to know when the moderators have removed something really juicy from the text.

For example, If I state that TheLep is a flaming <<removed by moderator>>, and if someone else then removes the above-referenced profanities, we'll know I'm REALLY in trouble! :D

This post has been edited by Keystone: Oct 4 2006, 4:10 PM

Your subterfuge is easily detectible. Keystone would not use his moderator powers to edit a post aimed at The Leprechauns. A different moderator would have made the edit, and then banned you.

...And then there is is at the bottom of a post I edit, look down there, there it is haunting me. Why is it here too? :D

Let's say I post a comment that Lep is a big, fat jerk. Lep then blasts me in a following post. I then change my post making it appear that Lep is blasting me for no reason. Ten minutes later, I discover that I can no longer post in the Groundspeak Forums.

Well! Thank goodness I have friends who call me when I am being slandered, given that I ignore sbell's posts. By temporarily viewing his one post, I can have the opportunity to defend myself.

I am neither big, nor am I fat.

I humbly apologize for calling you 'big' or 'fat'. :D

<I also apologize to the community at large for all of my typos.>

Edited by sbell111

OK, I write a log and post it, then I notice I left the "R" out of Shirt, must my need to correct this be advertised to everyone? Then I go in again and fix it again and then there is another [This entry was edited by Cruiserdude on Yada yada yada] What is the need for this note on the bottom of a log?

And now I see I used Porpose instead of Purpose, And I can't edit that and have Edit note to remind me.. :cry:

And then there is is at the bottom of a post I edit, look down there, there it is haunting me. Why is it here too? :P

For the forums, this won't work, but for logs it will: Delete the old log and repost. Your position for the day will change if someone logged on the same day in between when you first posted and when you posted the edit. The owner and those on the watch list will see both, but no one else will.

To edit your forum logs without anyone knowing you need to simply

[sorry I edited that part out. Did you see it?]

Loch Cache