The loneliest moment in a caches life......

I wonder how many moldy, empty, abandoned, misplaced cache containers are sitting out in the woods.

with hundreds of thousands currently out there, and (how many?) past caches that are no longer active... I'm guessing the pile of containers would be quite substantial. How big is a pile of 50,000 gladware containers? :blink:

I wonder how many moldy, empty, abandoned, misplaced cache containers are sitting out in the woods.

with hundreds of thousands currently out there, and (how many?) past caches that are no longer active... I'm guessing the pile of containers would be quite substantial. How big is a pile of 50,000 gladware containers? :blink:

I'm still wish that I could pick up my lonely little cache that's been archived, but I'm afraid of getting chewed out by the new property owner. She sounds a bit mean, so I'm not stepping foot on that property. Geez, it's only about a 20 foot square parcel of land but she's definitely anal about it and I'm not arguing. She can have the log *and* any McDonalds toys for all I care. I'm sure she can get some good use out of the container as well to store her complaints against the city, state, government, citizens and tresspassers alike.

You should try caching in a country near an American Military Installation. I'm in Kunsan Korea and have searched for 3 caches. All hadn't been visited in a year. One was completely gone. The landscape was changed. Another was so waterlogged I just put it back without signing the log. (Can't adopt it, I leave in two months for a different part of Korea.) :huh: And the third I just flat out couldn't find. The sponsor assured me I had visited the right spot, but I just never saw it. Military members go to an area and are excited to place a cache, but then we have to leave and hope someone else picks up the cache and takes care of it. I would recommend temporary caches that would be removed at the end of a tour around overseas military installations or have the sponsor list the name of another cacher who is taking over the cache. This is getting very frustrating for me and probably any other Geocaching enthusiast. :blink:

You should try caching in a country near an American Military Installation. I'm in Kunsan Korea and have searched for 3 caches. All hadn't been visited in a year. One was completely gone. The landscape was changed. Another was so waterlogged I just put it back without signing the log. (Can't adopt it, I leave in two months for a different part of Korea.) :huh: And the third I just flat out couldn't find. The sponsor assured me I had visited the right spot, but I just never saw it. Military members go to an area and are excited to place a cache, but then we have to leave and hope someone else picks up the cache and takes care of it. I would recommend temporary caches that would be removed at the end of a tour around overseas military installations or have the sponsor list the name of another cacher who is taking over the cache. This is getting very frustrating for me and probably any other Geocaching enthusiast. :blink:

Waldo, are you in Korea at the moment? If so do you know any other cachers there?

The Military Association of GeoCachers is a community of military members that may be able to help in this. At the moment, I don't think there is anyone from Korea on the list, but if you and others join, set up a Korea Chapter you may be able to facilitate the transfer and adoption of caches in the area.

Thank you for the tip Tango. Yes I am in Korea and I would like to find out more info so I'll check out the site. My unit is moving across Korea to Daegu in November, but I want to get up to Seoul where there are quite a few caches. I've already had one reply from a sponsor of one of the caches I couldn't find asking me to check on one of his in Seoul.

The loneliest moment in a cache's life is when:

It was washed from the creek bank where it resided until "the flood" came. After tumbling for miles down

rocky, debri-filled creek bed, it finally comes to rest in a huge pile of driftwood resembling a beaver dam.

A couple of young boys out exploring the creek come very close to the cache! One of them pulls out a

gnarled stick from the pile and uses it for batting practice. Neither boy sees the cache.

The back of the boys' heads is the last thing the cache sees as it waits.......waits for another flood.

:)

The loneliest moment in a cachers life is waiting for a cache to be approved....

Vern... :)

I agree with Foothills Drifter the loneliest moment in a cachers life is waiting for a cache to be approved. :D Because I am waiting for one of my caches to be approved.

Howdy......

Thank you for you support in my moment of dispair!

The cache did get approved this AM. GCYKB7

Edited by Foothills Drifter

I'm not sure why this thread was hijacked after just one post, but it was about the feelings of the cacher, not the cache. Many of you feel bad for this cache, that is because you are crazy. It has no feelings. And the new one is much better.

I did not hijack this thread. The title is "The loneliest moment in a caches life." I chose to post from the perspective of the cache, per the thread's title.

And no, I'm not crazy. I'll thank you to keep your personal attacks to yourself.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why this thread was hijacked after just one post, but it was about the feelings of the cacher, not the cache. Many of you feel bad for this cache, that is because you are crazy. It has no feelings. And the new one is much better.

Not true. The title of the thread is "The loneliest moment in a caches life..." :) That struck me as a bit funny too! :) BTW, the word "caches" in the thread title should have been apostrophized to make it the possessive case, as in "cache's", rather than the plural form. :):D

Not true. The title of the thread is "The loneliest moment in a caches life..." :D That struck me as a bit funny too! :) BTW, the word "caches" in the thread title should have been apostrophized to make it the possessive case, as in "cache's", rather than the plural form. :D:D

Howdy......

MY BAD! The title should have said CACHERS not CACHES.

SORRY! :)

Now...give me hell...... :) I deserve it.

Not true. The title of the thread is "The loneliest moment in a caches life..." :D That struck me as a bit funny too! :) BTW, the word "caches" in the thread title should have been apostrophized to make it the possessive case, as in "cache's", rather than the plural form. :D:D

Howdy......

MY BAD! The title should have said CACHERS not CACHES.

SORRY! :)

Now...give me hell...... :) I deserve it.

B):D:D:D:D

I did not hijack this thread. The title is "The loneliest moment in a caches life." I chose to post from the perspective of the cache, per the thread's title.

And no, I'm not crazy. I'll thank you to keep your personal attacks to yourself.

Please take a chill pill. Nobody was singling you out for any personal attacks, It was a spoof on the IKEA commercial I linked to. As a matter of fact, after the first half of my first sentence, I forgot all about you. :) But now that you bring it up, my feeling is that you did hijack the thread, but thanks for your perspective anyway. :)

Edit: spelling

Edited by cachew nut

Please take a chill pill. Nobody was singling you out for any personal attacks, It was a spoof on the IKEA commercial I linked to. As a matter of fact, after the first half of my first sentence, I forgot all about you. :D But now that you bring it up, my feeling is that you did hijack the thread, but thanks for your perspective anyway. :)

Edit: spelling

Howdy......

Ain't nobody high-jacked nothin... Put your chill pills away......

Have a nice day...... (I had a bumper sticker in the early 1970's that said the samething...)

I am a happy camper :)

The loneliest moment in a cache's life ....

is when it's been placed and listed, and it's waiting for the FTF to come along. Only the owner has hidden it too well, and though it sees cachers come and go, searching, it waits in vain for discovery...

I visit my undiscovered cache daily, bringing hot chocolate and sympathy, until the day comes that that FTF has proudly scrawled something in the log!

The loneliest moment in a cache's life ....

is when it's been placed and listed, and it's waiting for the FTF to come along. Only the owner has hidden it too well, and though it sees cachers come and go, searching, it waits in vain for discovery...

I visit my undiscovered cache daily, bringing hot chocolate and sympathy, until the day comes that that FTF has proudly scrawled something in the log!

Howdy......

I feel for ya man......

Vern...

Don't pity me, pity my cache! Another DNF was just posted. ;) I keep updating the hint, but it doesn't seem to help. Don't wanna move the cache. But I should pick up a really good FTF prize tomorrow, and put it out there.

That's what we were waiting for!!

:D:D:rolleyes:

Don't pity me, pity my cache! Another DNF was just posted. :rolleyes: I keep updating the hint, but it doesn't seem to help. Don't wanna move the cache. But I should pick up a really good FTF prize tomorrow, and put it out there.

That's what we were waiting for!!

:D;):D

Oh, NOW I understand. *sniff* The crass search of profit, how the mighty sport has devolved. :D I guess I'll go place a nano in the woods for my next trick!