Inappropriate, nude, obscene images

biosearch

Well he got his wish with the APE girl post...so this means the topic can be locked?? since we all agree NC has done nothing wrong and everyone pretty much respects his lifestyle, and seeing how he has actually been to HQ, Groundspeak knows of him (since the OP felt NC needed to be reported to Groundspeak)

. . . when you meet people without their clothes, you get to know the *real* person inside. . . .

Actually, I'm pretty much the same with or without clothes. :blink:

Even the little old ladies at church know that I'm a nudist. I'm probably a lot more open about it than most nudists. Actually, it's funny, when you say that you've been to a nudist club at church, you get exactly the same reaction that you get when you say that you've been to church at a nudist club. :D

Nudecacher

:huh::D:D:D

I find it odd that his gallery is tolerated and even endorsed in some respects, but this poem

got someone banned for 30 days. :blink:

Could some explain that to me?

OK, I'll try. There is nothing wrong with Nudecacher's gallery. Its not obscene, dirty or immoral and only offensive to a small segment of pharisetics.

And that "poem" had very little to do with the author getting a "time out".

Sure it didn't.

I don't know, but I'm guessing if there were beautiful young naked women at most geocaches, the hobby would be a LOT more popular.

perhaps.

Then again, maybe not. Proper behavior would still be expected, and there would still be families that complained.

Nudecacher

Won't somebody please think of the children! What if they were to see a partially naked body! They'd be scarred for life!!

If it was my partially naked body they saw, I'd give good odds that they would, indeed, be scarred for life. I know *I* am, just from inadvertant glimpses in the mirror.

:blink:

Edited becawse apearently I kant speeel

Edited by VeryLost

And gee, if you are really gonna be a true prude, then why did you not raise the alarm a couple of weeks ago when the image gallery on the home page of geocaching.com regularly flashed a photo -- shot in Hungary by a male Hungarian cacher and his two young sons -- of a cute young 20-something woman sitting on a park bench in shorts, with her hand scratching in... well... ever mind! :D That photo became the underground fad of the moment on the national forums! :huh::blink: (again, allow me to note that I found the photo cute and fun, and did not find it offensive...) :D

So where did you say that I could find those images of the cute young 20 something women on the park bench...

Yes tongue in cheek, very good, and imagine 61 replies in one day. I haven't even gotten to half of them yet....

I wonder what the record is for number of replies to a new topic within 24 hours????

Hey NC! Are you going to be at GW5?

X

GW5? Am I invited? It's not close by, is it?

Nudecacher

Awwwwww man! Just realized where you are from. I was going to suggest a group photo. Tastefully done as you always do of course!

X

I've been in a number of group photos. Oh, you mean Nudecacher style! I'd be game, but I doubt that everyone else there would.

Nudecacher

Won't somebody please think of the children! What if they were to see a partially naked body! They'd be scarred for life!!

If it was my partially naked body they say, I'd give good odds that they would, indeed, be scarred for life. I know *I* am, just from inadvertant glimpses in the mirror.

:blink:

Now we get into the nudist soap box stuff. That's the whole point, body acceptance. The national nudist publications spend a lot of column space on the topic.

Nudecacher

Hey NC! Are you going to be at GW5?

X

GW5? Am I invited? It's not close by, is it?

Nudecacher

Awwwwww man! Just realized where you are from. I was going to suggest a group photo. Tastefully done as you always do of course!

X

I've been in a number of group photos. Oh, you mean Nudecacher style! I'd be game, but I doubt that everyone else there would.

Nudecacher

I sincerely doubt that we could get everyone else, BUT I like the way you think! Keep doing what you are doing, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you do, of course just with what you do I seriously doubt you care that you get others approval. :blink:

X

And gee, if you are really gonna be a true prude, then why did you not raise the alarm a couple of weeks ago when the image gallery on the home page of geocaching.com regularly flashed a photo -- shot in Hungary by a male Hungarian cacher and his two young sons -- of a cute young 20-something woman sitting on a park bench in shorts, with her hand scratching in... well... ever mind! :D That photo became the underground fad of the moment on the national forums! :huh::blink: (again, allow me to note that I found the photo cute and fun, and did not find it offensive...) :D

So where did you say that I could find those images of the cute young 20 something women on the park bench...

Yes tongue in cheek, very good, and imagine 61 replies in one day. I haven't even gotten to half of them yet....

I wonder what the record is for number of replies to a new topic within 24 hours????

(fixed quote)

There have been a number of threads about Nudecacher over the last three years, and many of them go about like this one. They tend to die down in the second page.

Nudecacher

Okay, I've only brought this up because I stumbled across a log and profile that made me fall out of my chair. There is a cacher with the name of "nudecacher". Now I thought that this was perhaps just something that they thought was humorous, but apparently not. The images attributed to this individual are nothing less then disturbing.

Now I'm not a prude ( :blink: really?) I'm all for the beauty of the human body :D, but there is a time and a place for it. And images on the geocaching website are in my opinion (there is that statement everyone loves) just wrong. If you take a look at the individuals posts, you'll understand.

I will, of course, show my sexist side and say that if some really attractive young lady wants to post images like that, just let me know where they are. :D Of course this may be offensive to others (why I can't imagine but there are those...).

Seriously, what should be done about this, if anything. At the very least this guy (yes guy, and not the sort that I think anyone want to see with nothing on and an ammo box cache covering over his... :huh: ) shouldn't post these images. A little self respect is apparently not on the top of his list of things to worry about.

Should cache owners be responsible for this? Should geocache give them a warning and keep them from posting if they do not cease? Am I overreacting?

Thoughts...

He should be banned from posting. My kids get on this site all the time.

I vote to close this topic. I could be mistaken, but I feel that this topic was chosen specifically for it's ability to generate outrage by using Nudecacher as the proverbial sacrificial lamb. I can honestly say that given the opportunity at a local CITO, that there might be more than the regular inanimate garbage in the bag.

"I vote to close this topic. I could be mistaken, but I feel that this topic was chosen specifically for it's ability to generate outrage by using Nudecacher as the proverbial sacrificial lamb. I can honestly say that given the opportunity at a local CITO, that there might be more than the regular inanimate garbage in the bag."

Well no... not specifically to generate outrage, other issues do that all by themselves. It has generated a great deal of posts, and to be honest I find them all very interesting and enlightening. I've only been geocaching for a short time, I've never been to an event and have never met other geocachers. This discussion has allowed me more insight into who or what geocachers are then any other I have seen.

There are people from all walks of life, all areas of the country, various religious backgrounds, etc. It appears, by the posts (and this is nowhere near a true way to determine the make-up of any group, just those in the group who decide to post).

It is also interesting to note that there are those who make generalizations about everyone, myself included (yes I live in the bible belt, no I don't go to church, yes I've study just about every religion that I can get my hands on, no I don't profess to be anything other than myself, thank you for making a great point, whoever posted that bible belt comment).

Its been fun and I hope nudecacher will not take offense to it. I've e-mailed him and hope to hear from him, hope to meet him sometime.

I also find it interesting that only one post mentioned that they thought it was written "tongue-in-check", if I had found anything else to write about this morning, I probably would have.

Outrage, no, nudecacher as a sacrificial lamb, I don't think so considering the posts that have been made, if anything I've offered myself up as one to take the beating that I have in this short amount of time.

Now I've got to figure out where those images of the girls are... and how to quote without having the html script show up on the page.... (again, humor... in case anyone missed it....)

And now to come up with another topic that will "generate outrage".....

And you think this has to do with geocaching...how? Please don't answer, really, you don't need another chance to offend all the women on the board again. Go out and cache...or take a cold shower.

I'm going to express some thoughts about this that may not be popular and from what I've read here are certainly not in the majority, but I do see what the OP is saying. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that NC's photos are offensive, I do believe that they are out of the norm and could be seen as offensive to more than just a few. In our society and most of the world societies, clothing is not optional when in public. Right or wrong, wearing clothing to hide our nakedness has for hundreds of years been the acceptable and preferred way of doing things.

I personally don't understand the nudist's need to express themselves as 'freely' as they do by their nudity, but I won't stand in judgement of them for doing so. What they do in their own homes and in their own communities is up to them and I'm glad they have a place where they can practice this comfortably. And when I say comfortably, I am not just talking about THEIR comfort. The fact that someone stated that a geocacher encountered a naked person on the trail and they ran in the opposite direction shows that not everyone is comfortable with the public display of nudity, partial or otherwise. And to say that NC's parts are 'covered' is just a technicality. No, you can't see his genitals in the pictures, but it's obvious that he doesn't have clothes on. It's NOT the same as someone who is 'covered' by wearing swimming trunks or a Speedo. So he is naked in the woods and no one is around? So he likes caching in the nude? Fine! But taking pictures and posting them in a public forum takes it one step further.

I'm not saying that I dislike NC or that I disapprove of him practicing nudity. However, posting pictures on a public site with strategically placed items in front of his willy, is, in my opinion, cause for comment and I would imagine NC gets a kick out of those comments. Obviously, many here enjoy the pictures - good for them. I have seen some of them and I don't care to see any more, so I don't look. I'm not a prude, either, as many in these forums know, but give the OP a break. It's a logical topic to bring up for discussion, and I find nothing wrong with them being offended and saying so.

Well I'm fairly certain that most of us here will have the foresight to see your future posts as nothing more than troll fodder. I'm glad that you've had your 14 minutes of fame. I'm sorry that you had to stoop to that level to achieve it though. Maybe next time you can just simply say "hello".

I find it odd that his gallery is tolerated and even endorsed in some respects, but this poem

got someone banned for 30 days. :blink:

Could some explain that to me?

OK, I'll try. There is nothing wrong with Nudecacher's gallery. Its not obscene, dirty or immoral and only offensive to a small segment of pharisetics.

And that "poem" had very little to do with the author getting a "time out".

I don't that was very fair or very nice at all.

Well I'm fairly certain that most of us here will have the foresight to see your future posts as nothing more than troll fodder. I'm glad that you've had your 14 minutes of fame. I'm sorry that you had to stoop to that level to achieve it though. Maybe next time you can just simply say "hello".

You know, wildchld97, I don't think that was the OP's original intent at all. I think he's merely backpedaling now, given the majority of opinions expressed here. And if it truly WAS his intent - to generate outrage - then I'm sorry I wasted my time on giving this thread a second thought, let alone posting a sincere opinion.

Edited by Pipanella

Trust me, I've had my fourteen minutes of fame, and this ain't it. If you can't see the humor in it, I'm sorry. The interesting thing is that you're still watching this and still posting... hmmm

And again, if'n I've done anything to offend nudecacher, I apologize (and yes, looking back over the original post I do realize that I should have worded it more carefully). I certainly wish that I had the guts to do what he does. It isn't my thing, but...

And if'n you've read all of the posts, you will see a number who disagree with the idea. So there is that to ponder over....

At least now I know what is acceptable I don't necessarily know what isn't. Apparently speaking your mind isn't.... Keith Olbermann had something to say about that recently....

So how does one close a topic?