Home Coordinates

South Lyon Trekkers

I like using the link from my profile to find caches based on my home coordinates. I'd like to see a feature so that users cold have multiple home coordinates. We like to geocaching up north and I would like to use the cabin's coordinates as my home coordinates and not have to type them in each time. I do the same for looking up caches around work and from relatives homes.

This feature is requested often. Personally, I wouldn't mind having multiple home coordinates either. Keep in mind that this can already be done with Pocket Queries.

There will be some impact to consider. For example, your email size/count will increase if you have "Send me a weekly emailer of new caches in my area" box checked in your profile. There may be other impacts to the database that I'm not aware of.

I'm sure there's a reason why this has not been implemented despite the repeated requests. If I were to implement this, I'd have a small list of coordinates on my home page (less than 5) then force myself to select one home coordinates at a time - as far as I know, I can't be at multiple locations at the same time. :laughing:

Edited by budd-rdc

Waymarking.com allows for multiple locations, and it's easy to switch between them. There have been quite a few past forum threads where Groundspeak has indicated its intention to port over that code to the Geocaching.com site. I am guessing it is a matter of time and competing priorities. So, in the meantime, pop on over to Waymarking for a sneak preview. I have a "home" and a "work" location entered.