Yellow Ribbon GeoCoin

JLAM-D

Our First of possibly many personal geocoins....At this time this is a reservation only.

We have received the artwork and should receive the die art early next week. I have posted a copy of the artwork and will post follow on pictures as they become available. Please contact us through our GC.com profile if you are interested in purchasing our coin. As stated this is a reservation only, at this time no payment is required....yet

49d94b2a-bd55-4a87-8a26-55b26b78d3e4.jpg

Details of the coin are:

The coin will be trackable and have a unique icon.

Material : Stamp copper imitation hard enamel – the yellow is transparent with #1 texture below.

Size : 2” x 1”

Thickness: 3.5mm

Color : 2 + foggy one side, 3 + sandblasting second side

Plating: Polished Nickel

Laser engrave number + text without fill in color

Q’ty : 250 pcs

2D+2D mold

PVC pouch

All prices are in Canadian Dollars

Coin will cost $9

Shipping for 1-4 coins is $2. Please add .50 per additional coin. International shipping will be determined on a case by case basis.

Edited by JLAM-D

Our First of possibly many personal geocoins....At this time this is a reservation only.

We have received the artwork and should receive the die art early next week. I have posted a copy of the artwork and will post follow on pictures as they become available. Please contact us through our GC.com profile if you are interested in purchasing our coin. As stated this is a reservation only, at this time no payment is required....yet

49d94b2a-bd55-4a87-8a26-55b26b78d3e4.jpg

Details of the coin are:

The coin will be trackable and have a unique icon.

Material : Stamp copper imitation hard enamel – the yellow is transparent with #1 texture below.

Size : 2” x 1”

Thickness: 3.5mm

Color : 2 + foggy one side, 3 + sandblasting second side

Plating: Polished Nickel

Laser engrave number + text without fill in color

Q’ty : 250 pcs

2D+2D mold

PVC pouch

All prices are in Canadian Dollars

Coin will cost $9

Shipping for 1-4 coins is $2. Please add .50 per additional coin. International shipping will be determined on a case by case basis.

This is nice... Is there a US version of this?

All,

Thank you for all of the email with regards to our coin. Will will send you updates as to timeline once they become available.

Yes, this is a personal coin, as our family has a very strong connection to this design. The Dad in JLAM-D is a serving member of the Canadian Forces. Our coin was designed by Mr. Landsharkz, a retired member of the Canadian Forces as well, and this topic is also very close to his heart.

We did not think to do a multi-country version, but we do recognise and support all service member deployed away from family an friends, regardless of nationality.

Cheers

Edited by JLAM-D

As a personal coin, I could see it - as a generic coin for sale, there's no tie in to caching for me, sorry.

It is a personal coin, isn't it? JLAM-D is a geocacher and has made a coin with his name on it with a theme that he personally cares about.

1) Open mouth

2) Insert foot

You are correct. I was a bit tired last night and should have stayed out of the forums.

Back into my hole now..... :laughing:

Quick Update, 01 Oct.

Hope to have the sample coin posted around 14 Oct. Will keep everyone who has reserved coins posted as to payment dates, options and shipping as we get them. Thank you for all the positive feedback through emails...we hope that all the suggestions we have gathered will assist in follow-on designs...if we make another.

Cheers

Edited by JLAM-D

Hello again,

We will probably begin sending the invoices on 16 Oct. Thanks again for all the feedback in the email's. Not going to mention dates for shipment yet, we will wait until the dates are firmed up. Less disappointment that way.

Cheers and thanks.

Just got word that the sample coin has been shipped from the mint, should be here soon. Once we get the pictures of the sample we will post them ASAP, we will probably be sending the invoices shortly after that. Thanks again for all the email's. Will post updates as they become available. Still no dates...less disappointment that way.

Cheers

And here is the picture of the sample coin. Our final numbers will be 250 coins with only one finish, Polished Nickle. We will not be sending invoices until we firm up the delivery date from the mint. There are still coins available.

Cheers and Happy Hunting! :)

c8cd8a04-68c5-4bc0-9a55-ff50a468b383.jpg

Edited by JLAM-D

Expected shipping dates announced.

I have be told that the coins should be here on/around 03 Nov 06. I will be sending invoices through Paypal starting tonight if that is your desired payment option. I will also be accepting Canadian personal cheques, money orders will also be accepted.

We still have 22 coins available.

Got word tonight...and I expect the coins on Monday(06 Nov). Once we get them packaged up they will be shipped ASAP.

If anything changes, I will let you know.

Cheers

Wonder how we missed this one? That turned out very nice! If you happen to find one or two in the crack of the sofa cushions, or under the refrigerator, we'll take them off your hands :unsure:

Great Coin...Got mine today after a week away from home...

A lot larger than I thought they where going to be, Now if there are any servicemen going oversea and want to take one of these to place into any cache of thier choosing (service related) I would be willing to send it to you so you can place it into a cache where you are going...let me know.